+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to invest in Real Estate

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Airbnb and short term rental properties are flooding the long term rental market more than the sales market. Which is why rents are going down and condo prices are more or less stable and even going up around GTA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Airbnb and short term rental properties are flooding the long term rental market more than the sales market. Which is why rents are going down and condo prices are more or less stable and even going up around GTA.
Wouldn’t say condo resale prices in the GTA are really going up at the moment.

Reactions: torontosm

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Have you bothered to read every details of the thread? If you did, you'd see where the community is.
No, but I did read the posts that this was in response to, and it wasn't addressed there. You clearly have much more free time than most.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
No, i didn't. But did you research about your previous statement "Nothing goes up forever. Nothing." Was it really nothing?

If you did, you'd see that the fact is very much irrelevant to this discussion.

Why don't you worry about factual accurancy before making the statement?
Yes, it's absolutely true. If you disagree, show me a single asset, any time in history, in any geography that has gone up without any fluctuations over the long term. Surely, with such broad parameters, it shouldn't be hard for you to prove me wrong....

And I fail to see how this is irrelevant. You have been hawking real estate on here for years, claiming that it will never go down, which is a ignorant and false statement. Take a look at this study from UBS which shows that Toronto and Vancouver are amongst the highest risk cities in the world for a property crash....and yet you think you know more becuase you blindly believe that the property values will defy all laws of finance for the first time in history:

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/life-goals/real-estate/2020/global-real-estate-bubble-index.html/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/life-goals/real-estate/2020/global-real-estate-bubble-index.html

As for factual accuracy, those are the facts, I keep giving you the chance to prove me wrong and yet you don't....I wonder why.

Last edited:

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yes, it's absolutely true. If you disagree, show me a single asset, any time in history, in any geography that has gone up without any fluctuations over the long term. Surely, with such broad parameters, it shouldn't be hard for you to prove me wrong....

And I fail to see how this is irrelevant. You have been hawking real estate on here for years, claiming that it will never go down, which is a ignorant and false statement. Take a look at this study from UBS which shows that Toronto and Vancouver are amongst the highest risk cities in the world for a property crash....and yet you think you know more becuase you blindly believe that the property values will defy all laws of finance for the first time in history:

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/life-goals/real-estate/2020/global-real-estate-bubble-index.html/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/life-goals/real-estate/2020/global-real-estate-bubble-index.html

As for factual accuracy, those are the facts, I keep giving you the chance to prove me wrong and yet you don't....I wonder why.
Just 1 article from a website is not going to make you accept that you are wrong (may be you are not) but if the importance is about who is right and who is wrong then nobody is as situations change right becomes wrong and vice-versa.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, but I did read the posts that this was in response to, and it wasn't addressed there. You clearly have much more free time than most.
According to your stats again? You really have a lot of time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Right, I don't need to prove you wrong.

Neither, had been hawking real estate on here for years. Please click on my avatar and read my previous posts. Over the years, I have also been active in other threads relating to family sponsorships, permanent resident obligation, citizenship and visitor visas. Surely, with such broad parameters, it shouldn't be hard for you to prove me wrong....

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Just 1 article from a website is not going to make you accept that you are wrong (may be you are not) but if the importance is about who is right and who is wrong then nobody is as situations change right becomes wrong and vice-versa.
It's hardly one article. There are plenty more in various financial publications related to the same.

Regardless, you are correct that it doesn't really matter anyway. The markets will move in the way that they will, and no ones opinion will change that..

Last edited:

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
http://trreb.ca/files/market-stats/rental-reports/rental_report_Q2-2020.pdf

Rentals are going down by a small percentage but ofcourse depends on multiple factors as to how good the apartment is maintained etc to know the real range. I'm guessing it has gone down anywhere from $100 - $500 per condo.
How is the related to sale prices of resale condos?

Your rental data is a so from the 2nd quarter so only the beginning of covid. 3rd and 4 th quarater data will be the ones where you start to see changes,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Look at quebec real estate stats...just wow!

2019 sep - no virus
2020 sep - virus (with so called recession in place)

https://com.apciq.ca/sam/pdf/stats/2020/stats-202009-en.pdf
CERB hadn't even stopped yet. You should look at the data more carefully all it says is that there was a dramatic decrease in listed properties and prices only really rose in Montreal. Prices are still very low compared to all other large Canadian cities so yes there is room for Montreal prices go up and with very little supply prices tend to increase.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
CERB hadn't even stopped yet. You should look at the data more carefully all it says is that there was a dramatic decrease in listed properties and prices only really rose in Montreal. Prices are still very low compared to all other large Canadian cities so yes there is room for Montreal prices go up and with very little supply prices tend to increase.
Because there is no virus in montreal? Or because quebec economy is not affected by the virus yet where as it affected other cities? Or the real estate development room for quebec is far greater than the "economic collapse" ?

Stats speak for itself i rest my case!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Because there is no virus in montreal? Or because quebec economy is not affected by the virus yet where as it affected other cities? Or the real estate development room for quebec is far greater than the "economic collapse" ?

Stats speak for itself i rest my case!
With aid packages like CERB and others we haven't yet sewn the inpact of covid. Impacts on real estate are usually 6-12 months after an economic shock. You are saying the Quebec real eatate market is doing very well. It is only in Montreal where you see these large gains and the prices can be increasing just because of lack of supply which is what happened in Toronto for single family homes. There was pent up demand from people who had planned to move before covid or need more space now that they are working from home and there were very few listings. That pushed up prices so it is hard to determine why the pricea increased and whether increases would still be present with more listings. You are oversimplying the real eatate market and whether it is a good investment. There may be certain sectors and locations that are better investment options while still recognizing there is still huge economic uncertainty in the world so there is increased risk.

Reactions: Jancy