+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to invest in Real Estate

Adamz2019

Dec 22, 2019
Hi,

I've recently become a PR in Canada, and I would like to invest in real-estate. Where would you recommend are the best areas for the highest ROI from rentals or best prospect for appreciation ? (Max. investment of 800K CAD)

I did alot of google searching but thought I would check with you all directly as well.

Thanks !

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The BC provincial government discourage real estate speculation.

During your landing, do you have a chance for house hunting?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I've recently become a PR in Canada, and I would like to invest in real-estate. Where would you recommend are the best areas for the highest ROI from rentals or best prospect for appreciation ? (Max. investment of 800K CAD)

I did alot of google searching but thought I would check with you all directly as well.

Thanks !
Not an ideal time to invest in real estate given the economic uncertainty.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Great time to invest with lowest possible interest rates and possible price hikes in the coming years with economic immigration going to triple. Metro cities are good option with most economically stable immigrants settling down there with secure jobs.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Great time to invest with lowest possible interest rates and possible price hikes in the coming years with economic immigration going to triple. Metro cities are good option with most economically stable immigrants settling down there with secure jobs.
What you talking about? 4 million Canadians are unemployed and collecting handouts. Immigration will be curtailed in coming years.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Immigration won’t be tripled in the coming years. Where are you coming up with these stats?
1 million plus immigrants to be welcomed in the next 3 years and bank of canada plans not to increase any interest for next 3 years...

Montreal, Toronto and to some extent Vancouver will see price hikes easily around 30%-60%.

I only see here statements/predictions being thrown without any proofs so i'm throwing some predictions myself. Please assume IMO next to all my messages if it makes you comfortable.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1 million plus immigrants to be welcomed in the next 3 years and bank of canada plans not to increase any interest for next 3 years...

Montreal, Toronto and to some extent Vancouver will see price hikes easily around 30%-60%.

I only see here statements/predictions being thrown without any proofs so i'm throwing some predictions myself. Please assume IMO next to all my messages if it makes you comfortable.
That isn’t immigration being tripled. Canada welcomes around 300k per year already. Immigration goals were to increase numbers slightly each year but given covid Canada is very unlikely to meet targets in 2020. You forget that people die and many people move out of Canada. There is no way that Canada is going to see price hikes of 30-60% especially in Toronto and Vancouver. Montreal will be more likely to see some better gains but that is because prices were pretty stagnant or depressed for decades and is extremely affordable compared to other larger cities.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That isn’t immigration being tripled. Canada welcomes around 300k per year already. Immigration goals were to increase numbers slightly each year but given covid Canada is very unlikely to meet targets in 2020. You forget that people die and many people move out of Canada. There is no way that Canada is going to see price hikes of 30-60% especially in Toronto and Vancouver. Montreal will be more likely to see some better gains but that is because prices were pretty stagnant or depressed for decades and is extremely affordable compared to other larger cities.
But you also forgot international students, foreign workers and other foreigners. These people are potential immigrants.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I was being very generic with my words but to be specific it all depends on different tiers in the housing segment. As most of the industries with possibility of work from home options i do not see any slowing down with single family homes in price or demand.

If there are any foreclosures it will be condos and mostly in downtown. Market correction might happen only in that segment with all greedy house flippers/airbnb jugglers flooding the market demand as they can not handle the mortgage burden.

Be it Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal...downtown condos or houses over 1 mil could get an impact but other competitive segments will see nothing but hikes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was being very generic with my words but to be specific it all depends on different tiers in the housing segment. As most of the industries with possibility of work from home options i do not see any slowing down with single family homes in price or demand.

If there are any foreclosures it will be condos and mostly in downtown. Market correction might happen only in that segment with all greedy house flippers/airbnb jugglers flooding the market demand as they can not handle the mortgage burden.

Be it Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal...downtown condos or houses over 1 mil could get an impact but other competitive segments will see nothing but hikes
Saying immigration will triple in the next 3 years is a very specific statement. There is no indication that real estate prices, especially urban centres, will increase by 30-60%. Again very specific statements.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But you also forgot international students, foreign workers and other foreigners. These people are potential immigrants.
International students and foreign workers are captured in the immigration statistics already stated. The majority of international students do not purchase properties and rent. WP holders also rarely purchase within the first few years of being in Canada until they either have the funds and/or know they will be able to remain in Canada longterm.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Saying immigration will triple in the next 3 years is a very specific statement. There is no indication that real estate prices, especially urban centres, will increase by 30-60%. Again very specific statements.
Like i said you can add IMO if you prefer...

Lot of us see the indications. Also about being specific i meant about different housing segments reacting to this situation differently.

We can keep exchanging words as real buyers are going ahead and benefiting from the situation. July sales proves my point all across canada (even in vancouver) both price/sales wise it was highest across all segments. I beleive this market crash talk was going on since april and i do not think buyers in July were all plain stupid.