+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where do I send the passport for visa stamping?

masher

Jun 10, 2013
Hi.

I am in Houston, TX and I applied for Canadian Temporary Resident visa. I got the original passport request yesterday. The passport request email does not mention the Consulate location. Can someone please tell me where to send the passport, NYC or LA? . Also, how long does it take to get the passport back. I have travel plans at the end of August. If I don't get the passport back by then, can I ask them to return my passport without visa.?

Please help me. Thanks!

xiao

Jul 20, 2013
masher,

Sorry I don't know the address of LA to help you. My wife applied online over the weekend in Houston as well, could you tell me what is the timeline like for you? when you first applied and received the passport request?

Thanks

masher

Jun 10, 2013
Hi,

I applied online on May 9th and got the passport request on July 19th. I sent the passport to LA consulate this morning.

stopby

Jul 24, 2013
This info is available from Official website.

Determine where to send your passport

To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application.

If you do not have a copy of your completed and validated application form, it can be accessed through your MyCIC account.

In your application form, if you have answered:

YES to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 7
NO to question 9, use the country/territory you provided to question 9

Click on the name of the appropriate country/territory in the alphabetical list below.

Note that the instructions for the submission of your passport may be different than the instructions on visa office websites. Instructions on visa office websites are meant for applicants not using e-Apps. Follow the instructions provided on this page when submitting/sending your passport to avoid delays.

When you submit your passport, it is important to include the letter we have sent to your MyCIC account.

========== For NY consulate

Submit your passport at the visa application centre

You can submit your passport(s) by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:
The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees

Check the website of your closest visa application centre (VAC) for more information:
New York, USA

Submit your passport at the visa office

US Address

To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, as well as a Pre-paid flat rate U.S. Postal Service "Express Mail envelope" (9"x12")with the following information:
A complete mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Canadian Consulate General in New York in the "Return Address" field
A daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address

If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

Canadian Address

We return passports and documents to addresses in Canada by US Postal Service First Class Mail only.

Please send to:

EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020

========== For LA consulate
US Address

To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, and a self-addressed United States Postal Service/ USPS Express Mail flat rate envelope with the correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.

Keep a record of the tracking number on the USPS Express Mail label so that you can track delivery of the envelope
For USPS Priority Mail envelopes, you must also attach a Delivery Confirmation form with correct postage stamp affixed. Metered postage is unacceptable.

If you do not provide an acceptable return envelope, the visa office will mail your passports and original documents via regular mail with no tracking number.

Canadian Address

We return passports and documents to addresses in Canada by US Postal Service First Class Mail only.

Please send to:

EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

indicanada

May 21, 2014
masher said:
Hi,

I applied online on May 9th and got the passport request on July 19th. I sent the passport to LA consulate this morning.
how did you send the passports, did you put any fee inside? any return envelope or label? I also have to send my passport but not sure what are things i should keep in mind.
Thanks in Advance

mahyawa88

Nov 5, 2016
masher said:
Hi,

You didnt send it to VAC? whats the difference?