+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where do I send my sponsorship application?

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
Hello, I am ready to send my sponsorship application but I am unsure what address to use. I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and I am sponsoring my wife who currently lives in Brazil. At the moment I am in Canada with all the documents ready.

It says in the Guide (CPC Sydney, PO Box 9500, Sydney, NS, B1P OH5).

However in the checklist 5533 is says (CPC Missisauga, PO 3000, Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6.) for family class.

So which address do I use and why is there two different address?

Thanks

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello, I am ready to send my sponsorship application but I am unsure what address to use. I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and I am sponsoring my wife who currently lives in Brazil. At the moment I am in Canada with all the documents ready.

It says in the Guide (CPC Sydney, PO Box 9500, Sydney, NS, B1P OH5).

However in the checklist 5533 is says (CPC Missisauga, PO 3000, Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6.) for family class.

So which address do I use and why is there two different address?

Thanks
Sydney for Outland applications.

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
Could you explain why there is two different addresses? The checklist clearly says Mississauga. I'd like to clear up the confusion, thank you.

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
Inland - Mississauga
Outland - Sydney
Make sure you courier your application to that address!
Inland (meaning the person I am sponsoring is in Canada?)
Outland (meaning the person I am sponsoring is outside Canada?)

You say “courier”, do you mean use a private courier and not use Canada post mail?

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020

You say “courier”, do you mean use a private courier and not use Canada post mail?
Yes exactly for the inland/outland

So for Sydney there are two addresses:

1. Courier address
CPC-Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

2. Mailing address
CPC Sydney
PO Box 9500
Sydney NS
B1P 0H5

If using Canada Post (including express post), you can mail to either of the 2 addresses.
Courier is a company that cannot deliver to a PO Box (IE: FedEx, UPS, Purolator, etc)

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Definitely do not use regular Canada Post mail. You want to send the application package with tracking and require a signature.

Reactions: rrss13 and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Most of us use courier or Canada Post Xpresspost (which is their courier service) so we get tracking and get some kind of confirmation that the package was delivered. It's normal not to hear from IRCC for months (in normal time a few months) for the first AOR.

I just saw this news today. Not related to sponsorship mail package but well is about Canada Post.
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/grieving-b-c-family-says-alta-man-s-ashes-were-lost-in-the-mail-1.5259516?fbclid=IwAR2omFRcdBlRqdugiF6f3eH_wjbuzl70VJnGGMADosQZf0zApY9eiap6tfA

can_babo

Aug 11, 2020

That's right.

A courier is any service that provides shipment tracking and delivery confirmation (Such as requiring a signature on receipt.) Canada Post has a courier service as well aside from their normal parcel delivery.

You want proof that your application was received by a human and not just dropped in a pile somewhere (Tracking alone isn't enough.) You want to protect yourself against the possibility that CIC does not receive your application and holds it against you. For instance, if you applied inland and your OWP was never received, your applicant's status could expire.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
That's right.

A courier is any service that provides shipment tracking and delivery confirmation (Such as requiring a signature on receipt.) Canada Post has a courier service as well aside from their normal parcel delivery.

You want proof that your application was received by a human and not just dropped in a pile somewhere (Tracking alone isn't enough.) You want to protect yourself against the possibility that CIC does not receive your application and holds it against you. For instance, if you applied inland and your OWP was never received, your applicant's status could expire.
Getting a signature is good. But it's for pace of mind more than "protection" .
If they lost your application, or send it back because of missing information, the signature won't really help you.
You still need to apply again.