+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are all Ottawa Applicants?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I got DM on Saturday, had my test on Wednesday. For what it's worth, the officer who interviewed said that my test will be scheduled 3 months from now, so I'll wait until October to see any movement.
Glad to know you are decision made. I and my wife had test on June 13 and are still "In Process". We were told during interview that "there will be invitation via email to come for oath in two months time, from then, which is typically 2 weeks before the actual oath date".

Last edited:

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Glad to know you are decision made. I and my wife had test on June 13 and are still "In Process". We were told during interview that "there will be invitation via email to come for oath in two months time, from then, which is typically 2 weeks before the actual oath date".
Yeah I don't think you have anything to worry about. The officer clearly told you you'll be scheduled for oath (same for me). Or it could simply be a case of your application and your wife's application not being processed in parallel. Certainly I think Ecas is not perfect, some people get a line about receiving the test invitation but us Ottawa applicants didn't get any such updates. Just wait until August, I am sure you will get Oath email by that time. Similarly I am just waiting until October for any Oath email. We have made it this far, we are way closer to the end of the line now, a few more weeks won't make that much of a difference.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Glad to know you are decision made. I and my wife had test on June 13 and are still "In Process".
Yeah I don't think you have anything to worry about. The officer clearly told you you'll be scheduled for oath (same for me). Or it could simply be a case of your application and your wife's application not being processed in parallel. Certainly I think Ecas is not perfect, some people get a line about receiving the test invitation but us Ottawa applicants didn't get any such updates. Just wait until August, I am sure you will get Oath email by that time. Similarly I am just waiting until October for any Oath email. We have made it this far, we are way closer to the end of the line now, a few more weeks won't make that much of a difference.
Oh yea. I too think, we will be scheduled for oath sometime in August.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
To those who are already a citizen of Canada. How long it takes for Ottawa applicants for ECAS to change to "Complete" after oath ceremony?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Is there any Ottawa applicant who received oath invitation for August 16? Seems like they do not have any ceremony scheduled (unless they changed, which they have done in the past) until Oct 11.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Is there any Ottawa applicant who received oath invitation for August 16? Seems like they do not have any ceremony scheduled (unless they changed, which they have done in the past) until Oct 11.
Nope, nothing here. There are no cerenomies planned in September ?

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Wow, that's so fast ! Lucky him or her. It's pretty random, I am still going by what my interviewer told me: that I will be scheduled in October. Based on what you said (no ceremonies in September) this is looking realistic.

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
There's at least one Ottawa applicant in this group who's ECAS says " we sent you a test notice" or whatever. Mine says that.

I applied January 24. Received test notice in early June. Had interview June 11 (no test - I'm too old). Shows In Process since then.

My PR card expires in November. I've had two IRCC people tell me I won't need to renew it.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
There's at least one Ottawa applicant in this group who's ECAS says " we sent you a test notice" or whatever. Mine says that.

I applied January 24. Received test notice in early June. Had interview June 11 (no test - I'm too old). Shows In Process since then.

My PR card expires in November. I've had two IRCC people tell me I won't need to renew it.
For us, I and wife, the ECAS status is "Decision Made" with only three lines (receivedm, correspondence, and process), however we will be taking oath on Aug 30.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
By the wa y to those who are already citizen and took oath at Ottawa, how soon you were able to apply passport or your ecas status changed to complete?

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
For us, I and wife, the ECAS status is "Decision Made" with only three lines (receivedm, correspondence, and process), however we will be taking oath on Aug 30.
Same here: DM, 3 lines, and oath Aug 30th

Ziad S.

Dec 12, 2014
Test done on May 23rd and officer said no concerns with my application but waiting for a security check.

Anyone went through a security check before ? and how long it took ?
My application will hit the one year period processing time in early Nov.

Officer did mention though that it might take from few days to months, so just wondering if any other Ottawa applicants went through the same thing.

Reactions: PhdStream

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Reposing my question: To all the Ottawa applicant who are now Canadian citizen, how long it took for your ecas status to change to "Complete" after the oath. Or how soon you applied your passport.