+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are all Ottawa Applicants?

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Yes, it seems so. As per GCMS note, they checked and cleared criminality on Jan 21'19 (the day we received AoR), transfered our file to IRCC Ottawa on Feb 07'19 and on Feb 22'19 IRCC placed the file in their "registry" (I do not know what registry means in this case).

I am glad that I do not have to go for any finger prints etc. I understand that there is a limited resource and IRCC Ottawa is bit overloaded. So as long as they do not ask me to go here and there, do this and that, they can take their time.
Hi there,
I applied on 06 Sep 2018, wrote the citizenship test in Ottawa and passed on Feb 04, 2019, and had an interview with a CO afterward. The CO told me all look good and they'll get back to me within 6 to 8 weeks for the Oath ceremony.

But as of today, my ECAS status shows In-Process and I called CIC few times but no worth agent says to wait as IRCC standard processing time is 12 months to complete the application.

I'm curious to know if anyone from Ottawa people has a similar experience of long waiting for Decision made?? Please advise.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi there,
I applied on 06 Sep 2018, wrote the citizenship test in Ottawa and passed on Feb 04, 2019, and had an interview with a CO afterward. The CO told me all look good and they'll get back to me within 6 to 8 weeks for the Oath ceremony.

But as of today, my ECAS status shows In-Process and I called CIC few times but no worth agent says to wait as IRCC standard processing time is 12 months to complete the application.

I'm curious to know if anyone from Ottawa people has a similar experience of long waiting for Decision made?? Please advise.
I'll pass this one to others who already have their test/interview. Also, please check citizenship tracker in google sheet, to get an idea about how long it takes normally for status to change to DM after interview (in general as well as specifically for applicants based in Ottawa). Hopefully that helps to get an idea.

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
I'll pass this one to others who already have their test/interview. Also, please check citizenship tracker in google sheet, to get an idea about how long it takes normally for status to change to DM after interview (in general as well as specifically for applicants based in Ottawa). Hopefully that helps to get an idea.
Thanks, today my ECAS changed to Decision made. May I know how long will it take to get the Oath invitation?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for your response. On what basis are you referring the processing is slow? can you share your timeline pls.
You missed to check the tracker don't you, as I mentioned in my last post?

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Hi all,
I received my oath invite today.
It will be in Ottawa on Friday, 31/05/2019.
Hi,
Congrats, can you please share your timeframe.
Test date= ??
Decision made= ??

Also, do confirm did you received Oath invite by postal mail? Or by Email?

SSS1234

Nov 8, 2015
Hi,
Congrats, can you please share your timeframe.
Test date= ??
Decision made= ??

Also, do confirm did you received Oath invite by postal mail? Or by Email?
Hi,
Thank you.
My time frame is as following;

Application Sent: 14 September 2018
Application Received : 20 September 2018
App Type : Single
Physical Presence : 1149
AOR: 30 November 2018
IP: 12 December 2018
Test invite: 22 January 2019
Test: 07 February 2019
DM: 01 March 2019 - around that time period...
Oath invite: 16 May 2019
Oath date: 31 May 2019

I received the oath invite by email.

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Hi,
Thank you.
My time frame is as following;

Application Sent: 14 September 2018
Application Received : 20 September 2018
App Type : Single
Physical Presence : 1149
AOR: 30 November 2018
IP: 12 December 2018
Test invite: 22 January 2019
Test: 07 February 2019
DM: 01 March 2019 - around that time period...
Oath invite: 16 May 2019
Oath date: 31 May 2019

I received the oath invite by email.
Much appreciated - Thank you.

LambanoG

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
I applied on Dec 5th in Ottawa. I got finger request from Scarbrough office. After inquiring a bit, it seems like Ottawa is really short of staff or it is overloaded.

Right now, Ottawa applicants are most delayed.
oh wow! that sucks.