+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are all Ottawa Applicants?

cymric97

Mar 2, 2019
Applied in September. Passed my test on Feb 7th and until now did not hear back for the oath. The patience is getting smaller every day . . .
How is everyone's process going for the Ottawa applicants?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Applied in September. Passed my test on Feb 7th and until now did not hear back for the oath. The patience is getting smaller every day . . .
How is everyone's process going for the Ottawa applicants?
Applied in November as a family of 2 adults, in process since January and nothing since then.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
In such a situation try reaching out using all the 3 modes.
1. Webform
2. Call
3. Gcms notes.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
In such a situation try reaching out using all the 3 modes.
1. Webform
2. Call
3. Gcms notes.
I did apply for GCMS last month, will get sometime this month. I honestly do not want to inquire, as I am still withing the 12 months procesing time and hopefully they will complete our applications within that time frame.

Reactions: Immigration_guru

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I did apply for GCMS last month, will get sometime this month. I honestly do not want to inquire, as I am still withing the 12 months procesing time and hopefully they will complete our applications within that time frame.
That sounds great. Hope you get the good news soon.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Why not just be patient?? Let them do their work and you guys get on with your lives. Honestly...

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
December applicant here, got AOR on February 14th, In Process on March 14th. Been waiting since then. All we can do is wait, agonizing over what IRCC is or isn't doing is pointless, or why some offices are faster relative than others. I really don't get why people are so restless about this, just let IRCC do their thing. We also know that the average processing time is 12 months...

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
But .. this is a good thread to start to discuss ottawa spefic application, like parking around test centre, officiers there and so on.

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I applied on Dec 5th in Ottawa. I got finger request from Scarbrough office. After inquiring a bit, it seems like Ottawa is really short of staff or it is overloaded.

Right now, Ottawa applicants are most delayed.

SSS1234

Nov 8, 2015
My timeline is as following;

Application Sent: 14 September 2018
Application Received : 20 September 2018
App Type : Single
Physical Presence : 1149
AOR: 30 November 2018
IP: 12 December 2018
Test: 07 February 2019
Oath: Pending

Still waiting for the oath...

Titiz

Mar 13, 2019
Hey, I’m on the same boat. Got my citizenship tested passed 20/20 on Jan 24 and heard nothing since then. Online status is still in process. Waiting for DM for almost 4 months and no oath.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Here is a small update from me. I requested for my GCMS note on Apr 9'19 and received it today. As per note, I pass criminality test, Prohibition not started, and they have not started assessments like knowledge, language and residence (I guess this is what they do during the interview/test). They have transferred my file to IRCC Ottawa.
I was expecting they will put application status about my wife (as we applied as a family member), but the note has only my status.

FYI,
Application received Nov 8'18; AoR on Jan 21,19; In process Jan 28'19.

Reactions: _KK8512_

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Here is a small update from me. I requested for my GCMS note on Apr 9'19 and received it today. As per note, I pass criminality test and they have not started assessments like knowledge, language and residence (I guess this is what they do during the interview/test). They have transferred my file to IRCC Ottawa.
I was expecting they will put application status about my wife (as we applied as a family member), but the note has only my status.

FYI,
Application received Nov 8'18; AoR on Jan 21,19; In process Jan 28'19.
Good to know man, thanks for sharing. There is absolutely no reason to worry or anything, it's just a slow process and we have to give these things time. For the most part, what your GCMS notes say is consistent with what folks like dpenabill and spyfy have already told us: criminality checks are performed first (typically by the Sydney office) and once those are cleared the files are sent out to local offices to carry out knowledge, language and residence checks.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Good to know man, thanks for sharing. There is absolutely no reason to worry or anything, it's just a slow process and we have to give these things time. For the most part, what your GCMS notes say is consistent with what folks like dpenabill and spyfy have already told us: criminality checks are performed first (typically by the Sydney office) and once those are cleared the files are sent out to local offices to carry out knowledge, language and residence checks.
Yes, it seems so. As per GCMS note, they checked and cleared criminality on Jan 21'19 (the day we received AoR), transfered our file to IRCC Ottawa on Feb 07'19 and on Feb 22'19 IRCC placed the file in their "registry" (I do not know what registry means in this case).

I am glad that I do not have to go for any finger prints etc. I understand that there is a limited resource and IRCC Ottawa is bit overloaded. So as long as they do not ask me to go here and there, do this and that, they can take their time.

Last edited: