+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where are all Ottawa Applicants?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
<Non-relevant content deleted>

FYI,
Application received Nov 8'18; AoR on Jan 21,19; In process Jan 28'19.
Update from our side: Received test/interview invite (via email) this morning for both I and wife. The two emails, for I and wife, came within span of less than a minute. Our test is on June 13. At this time, my wife is sure to attend the test but I may ask to reschedule. Have an infant who needs to be taken care by parents. My in-law is planning to visit us sometime in June, if they are here during the interview date then we will both go for interview else I will reschedule mine.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Guys, one quick question. How about the parking there, I know its paid parking but how busy is it. So far, our plan is to take a bus to avoid any parking issue?

garmonia

Nov 28, 2018
Guys, one quick question. How about the parking there, I know its paid parking but how busy is it. So far, our plan is to take a bus to avoid any parking issue?
You need to send them email to ask for the same test date as your wife but for latter time. My coworker who did test in the same day as I, he did in this way. His wife passed test in 8-15. He did test in 10-00. I think it's better then lose days-months.
There is parking in the same building. No need to use bus.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
The parking wasn't very busy in the 8 am. We found free parking in 2 min
You need to send them email to ask for the same test date as your wife but for latter time. My coworker who did test in the same day as I, he did in this way. His wife passed test in 8-15. He did test in 10-00. I think it's better then lose days-months.
There is parking in the same building. No need to use bus.
Thanks for the info. Will try to do that, will update in this thread. In the email they mentioned that I can email them (CIC-OTTAWA-CITIZENSH@cic.gc.ca) with reasonable explanation.

Mark2019

Jun 6, 2019
Hi everyone
This is my time line
Single..
Ottawa....
days 1180
received app Jan 25 ,2019
AOR .Mar 18
IP . Apr 30
Test invitation Jun 6
Test date Jul 4

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Both and I wife wrote our test this noon with score 20/20.

Order of interview and length was kind of a random, we both wrote our test within a couple of minutes. Waited for more than an hour for interview and were interviwed together (some couple were interviewd seperately and they took a long time (>30min), not sure why). We were asked why I travelled alone without my wife and where we studied in Canada. Other than PR card, passports (that were valid during eligibilty period and used to apply for PR), drivers licences and copy of invitation emaisl, we were not asked anything else. I did offer the officer if he is willing to see our proofs of language, health cards and previous passports (expired during the eligibility period and never used in Canada), but the officer was not interested to see those. It lasted around 5-10 minutes.

Reactions: _KK8512_

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Both and I wife wrote our test this noon with score 20/20.

Order of interview and length was kind of a random, we both wrote our test within a couple of minutes. Waited for more than an hour for interview and were interviwed together (some couple were interviewd seperately and they took a long time (>30min), not sure why). We were asked why I travelled alone without my wife and where we studied in Canada. Other than PR card, passports (that were valid during eligibilty period and used to apply for PR), drivers licences and copy of invitation emaisl, we were not asked anything else. I did offer the officer if he is willing to see our proofs of language, health cards and previous passports (expired during the eligibility period and never used in Canada), but the officer was not interested to see those. It lasted around 5-10 minutes.
Cool, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Better to have all of your documents ready, as always. Just curious: did your interviewer switch between French and English to "test" your knowledge of both ?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Cool, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Better to have all of your documents ready, as always. Just curious: did your interviewer switch between French and English to "test" your knowledge of both ?
No it was all English. Anyway, I would have told him and we do not speak French, had the officer used French. As far as I can remember, no one was interviewed in french plus english. It was either one of them. However, I do not know if they did bilingual after we were interviewed, there were still 10-15 people in the waiting area when we left the IRCC office and we left immediately after our interview.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
No it was all English. Anyway, I would have told him and we do not speak French, had the officer used French. As far as I can remember, no one was interviewed in french plus english. It was either one of them. However, I do not know if they did bilingual after we were interviewed, there were still 10-15 people in the waiting area when we left the IRCC office and we left immediately after our interview.
I see, makes sense. I'm bilingual so I can accommodate either based on the interviewer's preference. Question: when you received your test invite email, did you also receive an official paper invitation ? I haven't noticed any updates on my ecas yet, even though I received my test invite email 4 days ago.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I see, makes sense. I'm bilingual so I can accommodate either based on the interviewer's preference. Question: when you received your test invite email, did you also receive an official paper invitation ? I haven't noticed any updates on my ecas yet, even though I received my test invite email 4 days ago.
No, only email and my ECAS has only three lines (application received, correspondence of study guide and processing of application).

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
No, only email and my ECAS has only three lines (application received, correspondence of study guide and processing of application).
Ooh, so you also didn't get the line with "We sent you a notice to appear for citizenship test" that other posters have received. That is interesting, maybe different offices have different procedures.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Ooh, so you also didn't get the line with "We sent you a notice to appear for citizenship test" that other posters have received. That is interesting, maybe different offices have different procedures.
Nope. Only email from IRCC Ottawa.