+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

apple123_4567

Oct 2, 2015
sylvia27 said:
Yes you are right, The quebec program is only 1 year financial income requirement. But 1st you have to apply to regular CIC federal system, currently it's the lottery system. Once you've been selected and aproved as a sponsor, CIC will send you approval letter which you have to send along with your application to Quebec to receive CSQ for parents. Usually this part is faily short, max 2 months you should have the CSQs. You then apply to the 2nd part of sponsorship with CIC which includes sending copies of CSQ to CIC and doing medical exams and Police certificate. And yes you have to be resident of Quebec and have filed your taxes there for the previous year.
Great !! thanks . this helps

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
Use this link:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=8

Cheers.

nav2016 said:
Can the people here who paid Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada help me understand how to pay just the $490 per applicant. I just recd. email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa to pay the fee for my parents. This is after they did medicals in Aug 2016 and dad was asked to do few additional tests twice. Last one was done in first week of Jan 2017 and this is the first communication from CPC since then. Hoping no more obstacles.

When I go the payment website https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
I do not see the option just to pay the $490 fee, they ask you to pay the processing fee of $550 plus this fee or just the processing fee. Since the processing fee is already paid, why do I have to pay that. I called the call center and after going thru gazillion IVR options to talk to a rep., I get a message that we are very busy try later.

I don't see an option to paste an image here, so pasting the text of various options

Parents and grandparents
Sponsor your parent or grandparent
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = $1040

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)
Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475) = $550

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent
Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = $1040

Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee)
Processing fee ($550) = $550

Include a dependent child of your parent or grandparent = $150

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
Thank you xwlilly, you saved the day !!
Can't believe they would put a wrong link in the email and also going from their home page selecting all options, lands on the various options page where you cannot just pay RPRF

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
No problem!
nav2016 said:
Thank you xwlilly, you saved the day !!
Can't believe they would put a wrong link in the email and also going from their home page selecting all options, lands on the various options page where you cannot just pay RPRF

nadiaa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4- 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 15-04- 2010 2nd AOR 20-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-6-2010
Med's Request
17-9-2013
Med's Done....
2-10-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2013 (PPR1) / 07-01-14 (PPR2)
Hi,

I have been following this thread since this march when our sponsorship application was approved . Can any body in their experience knows how much time would it take the application to reach to its final stages. Our application has been sent to London.

Any insight will be appreciated.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nadiaa said:
Hi,

I have been following this thread since this march when our sponsorship application was approved . Can any body in their experience knows how much time would it take the application to reach to its final stages. Our application has been sent to London.

Hi Nadiaa,
see Rossie's spreadsheets at the following links.You will have an idea about timeline.
2014 PGP: http://goo.gl/B3uBBf
2015 PGP: http://goo.gl/S2SPwf
2016 PGP: http://goo.gl/0gD5bR

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
nadiaa said:
Hi,

Did you apply in 2014? on 15th of March, my mother's file was also sent to London. I am also interested to know timeline.

nadiaa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-4- 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 15-04- 2010 2nd AOR 20-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-6-2010
Med's Request
17-9-2013
Med's Done....
2-10-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2013 (PPR1) / 07-01-14 (PPR2)
Re: Update regarding pgp application

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I have applied in 2014 January. I got sponsorship confirmation letter on mid of march 2017. And early April 2017 I received request for Medical for my parents. So this is the timeline regarding London office as my parents app was transferred there.

Hope that helps all those who are looking for timeline estimates.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Re: Update regarding pgp application

nadiaa said:
Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I have applied in 2014 January. I got sponsorship confirmation letter on mid of march 2017. And early April 2017 I received request for Medical for my parents. So this is the timeline regarding London office as my parents app was transferred there.

Hope that helps all those who are looking for timeline estimates.
One more question ... they medical request came via email or letter? my application was approved on March 15th but nothing so far regarding medicals.

flurryvan

Star Member
Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
31-03-2016
File Transfer...
25-07-2016
Med's Request
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Manila to Canada - Hi there I need help from everyone. I tried to email the visa department if there's any time frame for the application but I was told I need more patient. They received all the documents on July 2016 which includes the medical exam and what I worried about is that the medical examination will be expired on August 2017. I hope there will be someone out here who can help us out to determined our waiting time period. Our application started here in Canada on SEPT 2011.. I sponsored my parents together their dependant children. Thank you so much. Sorry if I post in here there's no other forum where I can discuss my issues thanks.

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
flurryvan said:
Manila to Canada - Hi there I need help from everyone. I tried to email the visa department if there's any time frame for the application but I was told I need more patient. They received all the documents on July 2016 which includes the medical exam and what I worried about is that the medical examination will be expired on August 2017. I hope there will be someone out here who can help us out to determined our waiting time period. Our application started here in Canada on SEPT 2011.. I sponsored my parents together their dependant children. Thank you so much. Sorry if I post in here there's no other forum where I can discuss my issues thanks.
Flurryvan,

people applied in 2014,2015,2016 application from Manila visa office some were approved already and some still waiting for their luck. As what other people in the forum say it's a case to case basis...on the otherhand, base on the recent timeline for those were approved they issued the visa before the expiration of their medical but then again on some depends on their case they will ask to redo if the medical expires before they reach on the decision point on finalizing ones case. As per my opinion base on some timeline from the people applied in 2015/2016 visa issued after around. 5- 6-7 months after the medical result received again, this info is an example only from few applicant in Manila visa office. Everyone still hoping for a speedy and smooth process before our medicals expired all we can hold onto now is just prayers and hope that whoever is holding our files will give the visas we've all been waiting for.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Does anyone know, if the parents should announce their property back home when landing? What if , for example they plan to sell a land and transform the money here. Is it a taxable income for them?

Gypsy49

Jan 18, 2017
fneda said:
Does anyone know, if the parents should announce their property back home when landing? What if , for example they plan to sell a land and transform the money here. Is it a taxable income for them?
Anything and everything that one is bringing or plans to bring subsequently/in future must be declared at the time of landing. Otherwise, there will be heavy income tax liability as and when the money is brought into the country.

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
Good news. We got the passport request today! Yaaay. Good news to those whose LVO is Ottawa.

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
RPh said:
Hi Everyone,
Good news. We got the passport request today! Yaaay. Good news to those whose LVO is Ottawa.
Congrats!
Can you please share your timeline after your case transfer to Ottawa?
Thanks