+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stuck said:
Hi Folks,

I had applied for Parents sponsorship in 2014 and upto now all I have received is the confirmation email that my file has been selected under 5000 cap, no communication afterwards :(. My sponsorship is still not approved.

I applied for CAPES notes and all I can figure out from notes is that the "Case pending receipt of Social Service Check results".

I was on paternity leave for some time and after that got laid-off. After my lay-off I applied for EI but before the start of the EI I found a job so EI was never used. I have the feeling that my background check was performed during that period and due to this my file got stuck :'( As per CAPES notes this is the 4th time (Mar./16, April/16, Oct./16 & Nov/16) CIC has requested Social Service check on my file :-[. From CAPES notes I am not sure if they are not getting the Social Service check done or there is some other issue. Is there any addition information such as latest NOA that I can provide to CIC to assist in this Social Service check ?

Couple of months ago CIC has requested "Province - Request Letter". Is someone aware what is this?

I will be looking forward for your inputs.

Thank you !!!!
Did you lived in more than one provinces over your stay /living in canada. If yes then Cic is asking from previous living province your record of social assitances.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stuck said:
No, I am living in the same province from long time.
If u and ur co-signer have live in single province only then cic perhaps asking for social assitance info of single province only for both of you.

Stuck

Aug 17, 2010
jhutti said:
If u and ur co-signer have live in single province only then cic perhaps asking for social assitance info of single province only for both of you.
Hi Jhutti,

Yes, both of us are living in the same province from long time. My concern; this is the fourth time they have asked for Social service check, not sure what's the reason?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stuck said:
Hi Jhutti,

Yes, both of us are living in the same province from long time. My concern; this is the fourth time they have asked for Social service check, not sure what's the reason?
Case officer may have doubt on your earning scope. Best you can do just keep calm and work. In case of next layoff. Never think of applying for EI. Best wishes

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
We submitted the application in January 2014 and we got the Sponsorship Approval Letter today stating:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

Can anyone please help on what will happen next? Do I have to send any documents to them or should I wait for them to contact me? Also can I pay RPRF right now or should I wait till they ask for?

Thanks

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
mapleleaf776 said:
We submitted the application in January 2014 and we got the Sponsorship Approval Letter today stating:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

Can anyone please help on what will happen next? Do I have to send any documents to them or should I wait for them to contact me? Also can I pay RPRF right now or should I wait till they ask for?

Thanks

Congrats! ... does your parent live in Canada or abroad? just asking because they sent file to CPC-Ottawa.

Gypsy49

Jan 18, 2017
crazystar said:
Congrats! ... does your parent live in Canada or abroad? just asking because they sent file to CPC-Ottawa.
I am also from Jan 2014 batch of family sponsorship (PGP) . Received similar response in June 2016. File was transferred to CPC Ottawa in July and I was asked to get the Police Verification done, have a medical check-up done and deposit the fees. I did all this way back on 28th August but there has been no developments since than. The status is stuck at In Process- Medical Reports Received although six months have passed.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Gypsy49 said:
I am also from Jan 2014 batch of family sponsorship (PGP) . Received similar response in June 2016. File was transferred to CPC Ottawa in July and I was asked to get the Police Verification done, have a medical check-up done and deposit the fees. I did all this way back on 28th August but there has been no developments since than. The status is stuck at In Process- Medical Reports Received although six months have passed.
I have same question, your parents were in Canada or outside?

I think for you there will be a sudden PPR request ... we can only guess when?

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
Gypsy49 said:
Did they ask you submit the Forms for Parents again, or was it only one time, when you submitted in Jan 2014?

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
I send my parents passport two weeks before and it's still not came back.
Normally how long it will take to get the passport back from Ottawa.
My Parents LVO is New Delhi and we send passport to Ottawa
Please Advise
Thanks.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleleaf776 said:
My parents are in India. So not sure how things will process from Ottawa.
Ottawa will process your file and at the final stage when they need passport , you will be give 2 options 1) Submit passports to India 2 ) Submit to Ottawa ( If your parents are in Canada ).
On a separate note , Ottawa is way more faster then Delhi office.

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
IndoCanadian777 said:
Ottawa will process your file and at the final stage when they need passport , you will be give 2 options 1) Submit passports to India 2 ) Submit to Ottawa ( If your parents are in Canada ).
On a separate note , Ottawa is way more faster then Delhi office.
Thank you so much for reply. :)

Gypsy49

Jan 18, 2017
crazystar said:
I have same question, your parents were in Canada or outside?

I think for you there will be a sudden PPR request ... we can only guess when?
Hi Crazystar! Thanks for your response. Parents do not stay in Canada. Police Verification and Medical Examination was all done in India. But no response even after 6 months. Wondering what should we do. Any advice?