+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

toinky75

Nov 12, 2015
Passed the Application - January 2016
Received the Application - January 15, 2016
Processed the Application (Sponsorship) - March 2016 (more than 2 years upon receipt)
Letter - October 5, 2016 - which is sponsorship denied due to financial assessment

Correct me if I'm wrong - did CIC based their LICO on Statistics Canada then later changed their MNI? or is it LICO + 30% ever since...
I just don't know if it's worth to appeal or just start for a new application this January 2017..

ABD12345 said:
At what stage did they inform you that you are not eligible??

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
toinky75 said:
Processed the Application (Sponsorship) - March 2016 (more than 2 years upon receipt)
Letter - October 5, 2016 - which is sponsorship denied due to financial assessment

Correct me if I'm wrong - did CIC based their LICO on Statistics Canada then later changed their MNI? or is it LICO + 30% ever since...
I just don't know if it's worth to appeal or just start for a new application this January 2017..
Are you saying it was recieved in 2014? or 16?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
toinky75 said:

From Jan 1st 2014 onwards it is LICO plus 30% which is the MNI. LICO as you mention correctly is provided by Statistics Canada.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
toinky75 said:

LICO is set by Statistics Canada. It's actually based on 1992 income statistics. As LICO and CPI for 1992 are constants, the LICO for each year onward is dependent on the CPI of that particular year.

For example, LICO for 2010 would be,
LICO2010 = LICO1992 x CPI2010 / CPI1992

As soonihope said, for PGP applications since 2014, one has to meet MNI instead of LICO for 3 last consecutive taxation years.
MNI2010 = 1.3 x LICO2010

LICO = Low income cut-off
MNI = Minimum necessary income
CPI = Consumer price index

Ref: Complete LICO table before tax

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and can see that most people's applications have been finalized or are in the final stage.
I sent my application in Jan 2014 and received an email in June 2014 that my application has been received and accepted. Ecas says that they have started the process since March 2016. But I have yet to hear from CIC. I'm starting to get worried now. I ordered GCSM notes a week ago and havent received anything yet.

I can also see that some people have recently received replies from CIC that their application have been rejected. Did you guys get an email or a letter? Does ecas has any message saying the the sponsorship has not been approved?

Many thanks.

milpan

Aug 13, 2013
Hi, Don;t worry we all are in same boat there are many people having same status after Mar 2016 lets hope for the best soon !!

2014parentSponsor said:
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and can see that most people's applications have been finalized or are in the final stage.
I sent my application in Jan 2014 and received an email in June 2014 that my application has been received and accepted. Ecas says that they have started the process since March 2016. But I have yet to hear from CIC. I'm starting to get worried now. I ordered GCSM notes a week ago and havent received anything yet.

I can also see that some people have recently received replies from CIC that their application have been rejected. Did you guys get an email or a letter? Does ecas has any message saying the the sponsorship has not been approved?

Many thanks.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received an email today that our application has been updated. MyCIC shows Final Decision : This application has been approved.

My parents already sent their passports to SVO....waiting to receive passports with visas. :D

mastersonicdog

Jan 1, 2014
Rossei said:
There are 45 people in 2014 PGP SS that either did not get SA/File Transfer yet or did not update their info. I assume that some of you may not even know that a spreadsheet exists.

If your name appears below, please update the SS or let me know (with dates) if you received SA, your file has been transferred and/or your case progressed even more.

lzcom | Nina.Roy | ramin1383 | Mastersonicdog | Dong_dong

sask | John6514520 | Harry081990 | Gatineau | MSZ

Shammi1 | Casalim | Sbhusan | Ninny | Enomis

yesyes | Ipskang | MadeInBrazil | mimmica | gambi

FingersCrossed10x | Eddream | MrNobody | TORONTO_SPONSOR_80 | jag1987

Jowjow | Gabrielle | PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship | ProjectTantallon | avn

fzcanada | Teyville | Rph | Parents2014 #2 | Singh.sikander

Hishman | Brar_ | Prasamp | Mathar | xwlily

MPNP_Winnipeg | Abhi812 | sponsor2014 | canind | TRUE RUSSIAN

I will appreciate it. Thanks.
My application is still stuck at the sponsorship approval stage. I got the email June 2014 stating that my application was one of the 5000 accepted, but nothing at all since then. I submitted an application through ATIP, but i got the following email from them:
-------------------------------------------
Dear (me),

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on September 13, 2016 for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the family class immigration file concerning (my principal applicant parent).

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reasons:

· The consent of (my principal applicant parent) is required to process your request and allow us to release his information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, contain the printed name of the person giving consent and identifies you as the designated individual. Please ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and has the signature date and date of birth.

You can find the new ATIP consent form at the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

· Your request contained contradicting information; you selected the immigration file (processed at the Visa office and where the principal applicant’s information is assessed) although the text entered may imply you wish to receive the sponsor’s file (processed at CPC Mississauga and where the sponsor’s information is assessed). Please specify whether you wish to receive the sponsor’s file or the immigration file.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by November 14, 2016, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please submit the requested information to our office by either replying to this email or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC) regarding the processing of your request within 60 days of the issuance of this letter. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OIC website at www.oic-ci.gc.ca

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I have to get a signed form for consent (i think?) in order to move forward with this. This is going to be very hard as they are not here in canada. I'm also not sure why they are confused on which information I want - I specifically wrote down that I want to know where the application of my parents stand. I do not need to know my application (sponsor) - I'm 100% sure I qualify.

But now that I think of it, if my application (sponsor) has not even looked up yet (as I have not received any approval as of now), then they can't give me anything about my parent's application (because the previous step has not been done yet). Or am I wrong? Did I do the steps incorrectly?

btw -- Thanks for all your hard work, rossei!

imcanto

May 5, 2016
mastersonicdog said:
My application is still stuck at the sponsorship approval stage. I got the email June 2014 stating that my application was one of the 5000 accepted, but nothing at all since then. I submitted an application through ATIP, but i got the following email from them:
-------------------------------------------
Dear (me),

This is to acknowledge receipt of your request submitted pursuant to the Access to Information Act received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on September 13, 2016 for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the family class immigration file concerning (my principal applicant parent).

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reasons:

· The consent of (my principal applicant parent) is required to process your request and allow us to release his information to you. To be valid, a consent must be signed, recently dated, contain the printed name of the person giving consent and identifies you as the designated individual. Please ensure that the consent form is signed by all applicable parties, including client, principal applicant, sponsor and spouse if applicable, and has the signature date and date of birth.

You can find the new ATIP consent form at the following link:

· Your request contained contradicting information; you selected the immigration file (processed at the Visa office and where the principal applicant’s information is assessed) although the text entered may imply you wish to receive the sponsor’s file (processed at CPC Mississauga and where the sponsor’s information is assessed). Please specify whether you wish to receive the sponsor’s file or the immigration file.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by November 14, 2016, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please submit the requested information to our office by either replying to this email or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC) regarding the processing of your request within 60 days of the issuance of this letter. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OIC website at
Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I have to get a signed form for consent (i think?) in order to move forward with this. This is going to be very hard as they are not here in canada. I'm also not sure why they are confused on which information I want - I specifically wrote down that I want to know where the application of my parents stand. I do not need to know my application (sponsor) - I'm 100% sure I qualify.

But now that I think of it, if my application (sponsor) has not even looked up yet (as I have not received any approval as of now), then they can't give me anything about my parent's application (because the previous step has not been done yet). Or am I wrong? Did I do the steps incorrectly?

btw -- Thanks for all your hard work, rossei!
I think your follow up should have been with CIC and not ATIP. That is why ATIP is asking for the consent again as that is a different division, and your original file and consent i.e. 'Use of Representative Form', (if you submitted it with your original application package), is with CIC. With regard to your actual sponsorship application, I cannot comment on why there is no response as yet...again, that is CIC question (or by contacting your MPP and other resources as mentioned elsewhere on this forum).

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
RoyalNS said:
I received email this morning at 8am to send passport. I am so happy!!!!!!
@RoyalNS,

Congrats.

I may inform all my friends in the forum that my parents have received email dated Oct.20,2016 from CPO-Ottawa instructing thereby to send PPTS and latest two copies of photographs of PA + accompanying members to New Delhi Visa office.

The requested docs shall be sent through VFS office located near place of my parents residence(JALANDHAR,PUNJAB, INDIA).

Thank you all for the support.

Good luck to all who are waiting in the queue.

God bless all !!!!

mspjal

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
mspjal said:
@RoyalNS,

Congrats.

I may inform all my friends in the forum that my parents have received email dated Oct.20,2016 from CPO-Ottawa instructing thereby to send PPTS and latest two copies of photographs of PA + accompanying members to New Delhi Visa office.

The requested docs shall be sent through VFS office located near place of my parents residence(JALANDHAR,PUNJAB, INDIA).

Thank you all for the support.

Good luck to all who are waiting in the queue.

God bless all !!!!

mspjal
BG checck "In progress" ,what does it mean ??

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
abhi812 said:
BG checck "In progress" ,what does it mean ??
@abhi812,

It refers to back ground check and is part of Visa application process system.Whenever an application is received at CPO/CHC, it is subjected to verification of information submitted by the applicant.It covers different parameters, predominantly eligibility and admissibility of the applicant. After determination of eligibility "BACK GROUND CHECK COVERING CRIMINALITY AND SECURITY COMMENCES" .On its completion, decision is made for issue of visa.

Hope, it may help.

Good luck. God bless all .

mspjal

dong_dong

Nov 21, 2013
For those 2014 applicants who have been waiting for long time, I'd like to share my story...

I submitted my application on Jan 2 2014 and sponsorship got approved on Feb 26 2016, and then I got no news for long time while hearing a lot of applicants at similar time has PR process started. I planned to call to find out what's wrong, but first I have to add myself as representative of my parents' application, so I submitted IMM5476 on Jun 28 2016. Not sure if it's coincident, the PR process got started 10 days later. I received email from CPC-Ottawa and they advised applicants (my parents) add contact email address to application to minimize delays. I did it and things got smooth afterward. Here is my timeline,

Application Recv'd Jan 02 2014
Sponsorship approved and transferred to Ottawa Feb 26 2016
Representative added Jun 28 2016
PR started Jul 08 2016
Medical + PCC Request Aug 09 2016
Passport Request Oct 20 2016

I have a feeling adding representative 'touched' our application and kicked off the process. Also, missing contact email address in our original application is probably the reason the application got delayed.

Hope it helps! Good Luck!

ROPGP_2014

Apr 20, 2016
Finally, good news! I have received passport request for my parents today!

My timelines:

Jan. 14, 2014: Application Received
Apr. 14, 2016: Sponsorship Approval Received
Jul. 11, 2016: Notified that CIC started processing our PR application
Aug. 15, 2016: Instructed to complete medicals, pay PR fees & provide Police Clearance Certificate (PC provided/ fees paid/medicals completed - Aug.24th)
Oct. 21, 2016: Passports requested (Ready for Visa)

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences during this process! I found this forum extremely useful; it helped me manage my expectations during the various stages.
For those still waiting, good-luck and have hope! It looks like things are moving along.

All the best!