+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
ROPGP_2014 said:
Finally, good news! I have received passport request for my parents today!

My timelines:

Jan. 14, 2014: Application Received
Apr. 14, 2016: Sponsorship Approval Received
Jul. 11, 2016: Notified that CIC started processing our PR application
Aug. 15, 2016: Instructed to complete medicals, pay PR fees & provide Police Clearance Certificate (PC provided/ fees paid/medicals completed - Aug.24th)
Oct. 21, 2016: Passports requested (Ready for Visa)

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences during this process! I found this forum extremely useful; it helped me manage my expectations during the various stages.
For those still waiting, good-luck and have hope! It looks like things are moving along.

All the best!
Mee too,What XPRESSS post size will you use

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Did you fold return envelope inside another envelope ,Right ???,Also both the envelope that you used were of 6X9.,Right ??

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
abhi812 said:
Did you fold return envelope inside another envelope ,Right ???,Also both the envelope that you used were of 6X9.,Right ??
Correct. I took it to post office and they fold it for me. They wanted to fold it properly so it do not fold in between the bar code. So I took it back and they did the rest.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Do you guys know if parents are allowed to get any of the government benefits, like Old age security or something similar?

Hillbilly

Apr 10, 2016
For those who sent their parents' passports to the CPC-Ottawa:how long did it take to get the courier delivered to the CPCO?

I couriered passports on 13 October using national Expresspost envelope, however, Canadapost tracking status shows "Item out for delivery" since 17 October. I called Canadapost to confirm the whereabouts of my shipment; they assured that it has been delivered successfully, but because CPCO is a large-volume receiver, my tracking status will update only when the CPCO opens the envelope. Did this happen to any of you? Should I be worried about my parents' passports?

Thanks for your response!

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
For those who were still waiting to hear on Stage 1, ie if the sponsorship has been approved - any news???

My ecas still shows started processing the application in March 2016. No communication from cic yet.
an agent replied to my web form enquiry, only saying that the file is still in process. no other additional info.
GCSM notes havent arrived yet.

This is becoming VERY frustrating now.... :'(

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
2014parentSponsor said:
For those who were still waiting to hear on Stage 1, ie if the sponsorship has been approved - any news???

My ecas still shows started processing the application in March 2016. No communication from cic yet.
an agent replied to my web form enquiry, only saying that the file is still in process. no other additional info.
GCSM notes havent arrived yet.

This is becoming VERY frustrating now.... :'(
On same situation, my known status from GCMS is that they were waiting for one of the region to complete Social Service check !! Frustrating.

ajka

Jul 14, 2016
PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship said:
On same situation, my known status from GCMS is that they were waiting for one of the region to complete Social Service check !! Frustrating.
couldnt find anywhere about how long it takes for social service check by province, it started in March and still not done in my case even everything is online. not sure if MP can help in this case. I am in the same boat. now that year ending, i dont expect any response until new year!!! just keep praying

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Do they do that social check for everyone?
I've only been in Ontario but I was on mat leave for the year 2015. I was meeting the LICO requirements even in 2015.
Would that be the reason why the case is not moving forward? Dont understand.
How do you get in contact with the MPP? Email them or go see them in person?

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hillbilly said:
For those who sent their parents' passports to the CPC-Ottawa:how long did it take to get the courier delivered to the CPCO?

I couriered passports on 13 October using national Expresspost envelope, however, Canadapost tracking status shows "Item out for delivery" since 17 October. I called Canadapost to confirm the whereabouts of my shipment; they assured that it has been delivered successfully, but because CPCO is a large-volume receiver, my tracking status will update only when the CPCO opens the envelope. Did this happen to any of you? Should I be worried about my parents' passports?

Thanks for your response!
Mine delivered next day. I used Xpresspost regional.