+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
punchshp said:
Do they request for passport even if parents have multiple entry visa?
Any one have any experience?
Thank you
Passport is requested from everyone who does not have a passport from a visa exempt country.

If your parents have multiple entry visas then they will be required to submit passports and will get an immigrant visa issued in their passport along with the COPR document.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
Yorkiemum said:
Mucus is spit into a sterile container then a culture is taken to find out if/what bacteria is lurking in the lungs. I have no idea why the results should take so long...I thought results are usually taken within a few days/a week.
I read a bit on this since this post. It seems the TB bacteria grows slow, so that is why the test takes 2 months. Strange thing is that a repeat X-Ray has to be also taken and that cannot be before 3 months of the first one. And do both of these CIC gave us only 90 days. I will have to call the call centre after sometime to ask for an extension.

The sputum test seems challenging to do from what all I read.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
soonihope said:
Passport is requested from everyone who does not have a passport from a visa exempt country.

If your parents have multiple entry visas then they will be required to submit passports and will get an immigrant visa issued in their passport along with the COPR document.
Thank you for your response.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmigd said:
What is GCMS notes? How do you request it?
Relax, None of Delhi case gets PPR. All 2014/15/16 cases are in same queue after done medicals & doc submissions. We may have to wait till Christmas for part of next year quota for visas.

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
For anyone who applied for their parents from Pakistan, can you confirm that you sent any additioanl documents requested by the High Commission of Canada in London to:

Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, UK SW1Y 5BJ

Also, which courier did you use from Pakistan?

Thanks.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
nav2016 said:
I read a bit on this since this post. It seems the TB bacteria grows slow, so that is why the test takes 2 months. Strange thing is that a repeat X-Ray has to be also taken and that cannot be before 3 months of the first one. And do both of these CIC gave us only 90 days. I will have to call the call centre after sometime to ask for an extension.

The sputum test seems challenging to do from what all I read.
How come the doc did not catch it before they upload the file to CIC? I know this is not required but most of the doc checked everything before they upload to CIC because they know how importance it is for us. You should give bad review to that doc so other ppl know.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jimmigd said:
What is GCMS notes? How do you request it?
GCMS notes are global case management system notes and can be ordered from link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

lflf

Sep 7, 2016
Hello,

I am new here. First time having a post and hopefully getting some answers. I applied for my parents in 2014, right now my online status showing " review in progress", does it means CIC is undertaking a background check? If that is the case do they check for sponsor or sponsored applicants? I was on EI for couple of months in last year, I am kind of worry about my sponsorship even I received the approval letter in April this year.

My parents are in their home country now, and they have done the medical and police clearance in July. If I receive passport request in near future, can i mail their passport inland from Canada to CIC on behalf of them instead of sending them back to their home country? (for some weird reason, I have their passports here in Canada) I read some previous posts here, it seems like it is illegal to do so?

thank you in advance for your reply

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
lflf said:
Hello,

I am new here. First time having a post and hopefully getting some answers. I applied for my parents in 2014, right now my online status showing " review in progress", does it means CIC is undertaking a background check? If that is the case do they check for sponsor or sponsored applicants? I was on EI for couple of months in last year, I am kind of worry about my sponsorship even I received the approval letter in April this year.
You didn't mention which Application Stage (Application/profile status, Review of eligibility, Review of medical results, Review of submitted documents, Scheduling an interview, A background check is needed, Final decision) says "review in progress". If it's under background check, it means they started background checks on your parents. Normally, it starts after they receive PCC.

My parents are in their home country now, and they have done the medical and police clearance in July. If I receive passport request in near future, can i mail their passport inland from Canada to CIC on behalf of them instead of sending them back to their home country? (for some weird reason, I have their passports here in Canada) I read some previous posts here, it seems like it is illegal to do so?
You have your parents' passports - that is WEIRD.
Anyway, even if you get their passports stamped with PR Visa from Ottawa, how do you plan to get those to your parents then? They will need it in order to land in Canada as PR. And your parents will receive the PPR, not you. Usually, LVO mentions in the letter that if your parents are already in Canada and intend to live there for more than 3 months, they can submit their passports to Ottawa, otherwise to LVO. When you submit their passports to Ottawa while they are back home; you may get visa stamped with a chance for CIC to raise eyebrows.

Isn't it more convenient to send the passports to them right now? It's lot safer to send it w/o PR Visa than with PR Visa. Furthermore, it's not illegal to send passports from Canada. If you go to any courier service (Fedex/DHL), they can show you the list of prohibited items (by country name) that they can't take. You will also need to check if your home country allows passports to be imported. FYI, I sent my wife's passport with PR Visa from Canada to Bangladesh via DHL back in 2011.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
RoyalNS said:
How come the doc did not catch it before they upload the file to CIC? I know this is not required but most of the doc checked everything before they upload to CIC because they know how importance it is for us. You should give bad review to that doc so other ppl know.
I am not sure if doctors are supposed to do that as I am thinking it is CIC's Medical office that will tell what additional tests to do. Though, a colleague of mine who had gone to the doctor in Kitchner did have similar thing show up for his dad in X-Ray and that doctor did arranged for sputum test right away and uploaded results to CIC only 1.5 months after the exam and mentioned that sputum test results would come shortly. Maybe he is good and did this presumtively and the one I went do did not. Unfortunately no way to know what would come in XRay before hand in deciding if I should drive from east end of GTA all the way to Kitchner. Just my bad luck I guess.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Anybody here had the application approved by visa office abroad but sent passport to Ottawa for stamping? Does that cause delay?

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hishman said:
For anyone who applied for their parents from Pakistan, can you confirm that you sent any additioanl documents requested by the High Commission of Canada in London to:

Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, UK SW1Y 5BJ

Also, which courier did you use from Pakistan?

Thanks.
Hi,

I got a request via email on Aug 24 to send the additional documents to this address. We sent the documents through TCS and it took 3 business days to reach from Pakistan.

High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration (p.p. SXB)
Canada House/Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London/Londres SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

Can you please share your time line.

Thanks
ZU

lflf

Sep 7, 2016
Rossei said:
You didn't mention which Application Stage (Application/profile status, Review of eligibility, Review of medical results, Review of submitted documents, Scheduling an interview, A background check is needed, Final decision) says "review in progress". If it's under background check, it means they started background checks on your parents. Normally, it starts after they receive PCC.

Thanks for your reply, Rossei. Sorry I did not explain it clearly in my original post. It was under Review of eligibility category. Does it means Ottawa office is checking on my eligibility of being a sponsor?

]I am planning to pick them up in person once I receive their stamped visa, I am just worried Ottawa will not accept their passports since they are not in Canada.Anyone here has this kind of experience? thank you

Hishman

Jan 22, 2014
Thanks ZU. We will use TCS as well then.

Here is my timeline.

Applied: Jan 2014
Confirmation: Jul 2014
File Moved to London Visa Office: June 2016
Medical Request: Aug 2016
Medicals done in Canada via e-Medical as Parents were visiting me here in Canada: Aug 2016
Received Request for additional documents, : Aug 24 2016

My parents will only be able to send documents after September 21.

ZU said:
Hi,

I got a request via email on Aug 24 to send the additional documents to this address. We sent the documents through TCS and it took 3 business days to reach from Pakistan.

High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration (p.p. SXB)
Canada House/Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London/Londres SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

Can you please share your time line.

Thanks
ZU