+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
xwlily said:
My case is at the same stage, I ordered the GCMS notes, was saying case pending waiting for officer reviewing (in process -SP). I guess it's a secondary review for SA since April, 2016. Just wondering how long should that take for a secondary review? Thx
You and anyone have not heard from CIC for long time 11 month+ should talk to local MP. I would do it.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
mastersonicdog said:
I've successfully linked my account .. What does this mean?

Application/profile status Open

everything that follows are either not started or not needed at this time.

I haven't received anything except AOR 2 years ago. So I assume we are still stuck at that stage?

--------------

It also states that our Review of eligibility - not started

And when we press the help button, it states:

Review of eligibility may be Not Started, Review in progress, Passed and Failed
Not started means we have not yet received an application for permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application for permanent residence.
Review in progress means we are reviewing if you are eligible for the program you applied under.
Passed means we have decided that you are eligible for the program you applied under. You may still need to meet other requirements.
Failed means we have decided that you are not eligible for the program you applied under.

The whole application is for permanent residency. Does that mean they are still trying to review the sponsor's eligibility and it's been stuck there all this time? Once they've looked at the application, it will clearly show that it is for application for PR. It should state "Review in progress", right?
Mine is same. Only difference is for me it is showing medical PASS. You and some other people have not heard from CIC long time. If GCMS notes do not provide you more info then I would ask you to contact CIC by phone and also from website. If they do not provide you any information then talk to local MP.

ajka

Jul 14, 2016
RoyalNS said:
You and anyone have not heard from CIC for long time 11 month+ should talk to local MP. I would do it.
can you please advise how to contact local mp? should i send them an email or contact via phone? what should i include in email? sorry never done that before. my parents are here in canada since last year on super visa.

lethuong

Jan 4, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
I would send an email to SVO and inform them that the VFS has refused to take father's passport as he is not a PA. Ask them how he can submit his passport. You can send all three passports to CPC-Ottawa but you will have to bring his passport to Canada and return to him again in order for him to land in Canada.
Hi Scorpion , thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate your help. Yes my brother bring my passport to Canada in 2 days. I plan to submit the 3 passport to Ottawa including the explaination letter. I hope it will work out. (I am Quebec applicant). Do you have any idea how long does it take for CPC to return the passport?

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
ajka said:
I am in the same boat. has ordered the GCMS notes but its been a month, havent received anything...hope for the best...its disappointing.
you could send them an email to ask the stats of the request after 31 days

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
xwlily said:
where can find information about local MP? Thx
I am not sure what riding you are in, so google is probably the best place to find it:
"who is the mp for " and enter your riding name here

xwlily

Star Member
Apr 18, 2008
profiler said:
I am not sure what riding you are in, so google is probably the best place to find it:
"who is the mp for " and enter your riding name here
Thank you. I found the mp contact info by google.
should I send him an email or make a phone call? Thx

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
xwlily said:
Thank you. I found the mp contact info by google.
should I send him an email or make a phone call? Thx
All local MP have a local office in their area and you can google it or use the following URL to find MP

http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Call the office and take an appointment. In another form I saw one person went to MP office without appointment and MP still talked to him and called CIC. Please make sure you take File number, name of your parents, passport number and DOB with you.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
SUBJECT: Contacting MP
I am a 2015 applicant...only correspondence I received from CIC is AOR. I contacted my MP via their website query. In reply she asked me provide her with detailed information...name, file no. etc.. I did that in mid July did not hear back from her yet. Someone suggested me to contact MP from different ward...My MP is pretty useless. I am from Windsor and we have NDP majority. Pretty useless party. That's all I have to say about contacting MP.
When contacted CIC few months ago they said it has passed initial stage and it's in progress. I th they just say whatever they feel like saying to you. Very unorganized system. Happy for all who have got their medical done. Some 2016 cases are getting done as well. Nothing against them but their should be some sort of system to process these files.

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
nikary said:
I am a 2015 applicant...only correspondence I received from CIC is AOR. I contacted my MP via their website query. In reply she asked me provide her with detailed information...name, file no. etc.. I did that in mid July did not hear back from her yet. Someone suggested me to contact MP from different ward...My MP is pretty useless. I am from Windsor and we have NDP majority. Pretty useless party. That's all I have to say about contacting MP.
When contacted CIC few months ago they said it has passed initial stage and it's in progress. I th they just say whatever they feel like saying to you. Very unorganized system. Happy for all who have got their medical done. Some 2016 cases are getting done as well. Nothing against them but their should be some sort of system to process these files.
Have you requested the GCMS notes from CIC? It may be coincidence but within a few days of receiving ours a few weeks ago...we received requests for medical and police reports. Also a notation was placed on our online file that our sponsor has been approved.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
Within 7 days of Dads medical exam, got a furtherance letter from CIC asking to go back to same or another panel doctor for further tests. Called the same doctor today and found out that something came in his chest x-ray, so now he has to do this sputum test. Results take 2 months !! And then he has to do a repeat x-ray not earlier than 3 months since the first one.

By then they would have reached their home country, so the doctor here in GTA is suggesting to do the sputum now, they will then upload the results and then i call them once my parents reach home country and they will close the file here. I can then go and find another panel doctor in home country to do the repeat x-ray.

Anyone has an idea what this sputum test is. I googled it and read a bit, but just wondering why it takes that long. He has never had TB.

RoyalNS said:
The doc usually call you and let know when they send to CIC or you can call them and ask. It usually take 2-3 days for them. Thats why i am going to Kitchener doctor. everybody told me he is fast and also do the followup.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
nikary said:
I totally agree with you. Some ppl got very good service and some didi not get any service from local MP. You never know until you meet them. I advised them to meet local MP cos if my file is not moving I would do the same.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Do they request for passport even if parents have multiple entry visa?
Any one have any experience?
Thank you

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
nav2016 said:
Within 7 days of Dads medical exam, got a furtherance letter from CIC asking to go back to same or another panel doctor for further tests. Called the same doctor today and found out that something came in his chest x-ray, so now he has to do this sputum test. Results take 2 months !! And then he has to do a repeat x-ray not earlier than 3 months since the first one.

By then they would have reached their home country, so the doctor here in GTA is suggesting to do the sputum now, they will then upload the results and then i call them once my parents reach home country and they will close the file here. I can then go and find another panel doctor in home country to do the repeat x-ray.

Anyone has an idea what this sputum test is. I googled it and read a bit, but just wondering why it takes that long. He has never had TB.
Mucus is spit into a sterile container then a culture is taken to find out if/what bacteria is lurking in the lungs. I have no idea why the results should take so long...I thought results are usually taken within a few days/a week.