+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

dmnshj

Jun 23, 2016
dmnshj said:
Hello to all wonderful n resourceful minds ,
I had sponsored my parents in January 2014 just like many other in this forum.
I have not heard anything from cic office yet after the acceptance letter in June 2014
My spouse have had taken employment insurance for couple of months in one year , does anyone know if that will impact our sponsorship application?

Thanks n many regards to all .

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
zigma99 said:
We are also waiting for my mom.Application received Jan 14
dmnshj said:
Hello to all wonderful n resourceful minds ,
I had sponsored my parents in January 2014 just like many other in this forum.
I have not heard anything from cic office yet after the acceptance letter in June 2014
My spouse have had taken employment insurance for couple of months in one year , does anyone know if that will impact our sponsorship application?

Thanks n many regards to all .
Zigma99: My in-laws application was also received on Jan. 14 and still waiting for a letter for their medical, police certificate etc.

dmnshj: My wife is the primary sponsor with me co-signing my in-laws sponsorship application. She also receives EI during summer months. However, she has received a letter in April 2016 stating that she has met the sponsorship requirements. In any case, hope that getting EI does not cause problems with my in-laws application.

Regards,

Sridhar.

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
mspjal said:
@Sridhar,
As per detail posted by you,it may be safely concluded that your parent's application is being processed at CPC-Ottawa.Processing time depends on the disposable inventory at CHC.Ordinarily,it takes at the most 120 days from the date of receipt of medical results and other docs,as called for by CHC.
As regards submission of medicals, I am afraid,it is no where written that it's proof is to be submitted to CHC at the address you have quoted .Rather it has been instructed that, in the event of applicant's failure to access the attached document (IMM 1017E + Medcal instructions),CHC can be contacted at the email/ address given therein.The medical result shall be sent/uploaded directly by MO for CHC scrutiny.Yes, for the safer side,we may ask MO to issue a certificate/ signed IMM form which can be couriered along with other docs to CHC,retaining their copies for our record.

Hope, it may suffice.

Good luck. God bless all !!!

mspjal
Thanks a lot mspjal! My mom's medical has been done and she is waiting to go through the police certificate process in India. Let us keep our fingers crossed! Best wishes to everyone!

Regards, Sridhar.

dmnshj

Jun 23, 2016
sramamur said:
Zigma99: My in-laws application was also received on Jan. 14 and still waiting for a letter for their medical, police certificate etc.

dmnshj: My wife is the primary sponsor with me co-signing my in-laws sponsorship application. She also receives EI during summer months. However, she has received a letter in April 2016 stating that she has met the sponsorship requirements. In any case, hope that getting EI does not cause problems with my in-laws application.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Thanks Sridhar!

Apr 27, 2016
soonihope said:
I don't know if I agree with that.

Our last email for passport requests starts with:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your confirmation of permanent residence and if applicable permanent residence visa.

The email subject matter was "ready for visa"

I can't believe they would still be doing security checks if they sent this email.

Ecas still says "in process" though
My parents have sent their medical check and no criminal, so it seems that we should wait for passport letter, like what soonihope posted here? What happens if my parents are already in Canada? Do they still need to mail their passports?

When I immigrated, I remember the immigration was more a piece of paper (landing paper), and that they put immigration stamp on when I came to the country, so can they not just send those piece of immigration paper to my parents?

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
maryforparents said:
My parents have sent their medical check and no criminal, so it seems that we should wait for passport letter, like what soonihope posted here? What happens if my parents are already in Canada? Do they still need to mail their passports?

When I immigrated, I remember the immigration was more a piece of paper (landing paper), and that they put immigration stamp on when I came to the country, so can they not just send those piece of immigration paper to my parents?

You havnt been asked for a police certificate? You will be, and to pay right of permenant residency fee.

kiwi2016

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi, I know some of you guys have done this so just want to double check, when passport request comes we can flag pole at the boarder instead of sending mums passport in can't we? When you flag pole do you still take 2 photos with you?

Thanks guys.

saindia

Apr 20, 2016
Hi,
I applied for my Parents PR on Jan 2nd 2014. My sponsorship application has been showing as "in Process" since Feb 10 2016. Although I have not received any sponsorship approval as yet however today I noticed that Permanent Residence Application Status for my parents is now showing as in process (We received XXXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on January 2, 2014.). I am sure it is a good sign but just checking does that mean I am approved as sponsor but they did not send the confirmation? Any one else in the same situation? Also, how long before I get a request for PCC and Medical? My parents are travelling to Canada mid July for 6 months. Any guidance on what I should do in order to prepare for PCC / Medical before my parents fly to Canada would be appreciated.

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
saindia said:
Hi,
I applied for my Parents PR on Jan 2nd 2014. My sponsorship application has been showing as "in Process" since Feb 10 2016. Although I have not received any sponsorship approval as yet however today I noticed that Permanent Residence Application Status for my parents is now showing as in process (We received XXXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on January 2, 2014.). I am sure it is a good sign but just checking does that mean I am approved as sponsor but they did not send the confirmation? Any one else in the same situation? Also, how long before I get a request for PCC and Medical? My parents are travelling to Canada mid July for 6 months. Any guidance on what I should do in order to prepare for PCC / Medical before my parents fly to Canada would be appreciated.
Hi
I am in same boat as you are. My sponsorship application still shows in process. But my parents received letter to do medical and PCC. My parents are in canada. eMedical is very convenient and you can do anywhere in world. However i can suggest your parents to do PCC in India before they leave for canada. So when request come you have to do medical in canada and submit PCC along with it. I have done the same.

Hope this will help.

saindia

Apr 20, 2016
Apl2014 said:
Hi
I am in same boat as you are. My sponsorship application still shows in process. But my parents received letter to do medical and PCC. My parents are in canada. eMedical is very convenient and you can do anywhere in world. However i can suggest your parents to do PCC in India before they leave for canada. So when request come you have to do medical in canada and submit PCC along with it. I have done the same.

Hope this will help.
Thanks for you quick reply!
Is the PCC now only done online in India? I have been trying to get this done and it seems the only way to do is online and the police provides a PDF copy. Did you receive the same?

zigma99

Feb 3, 2014
My SA status still says application received

However the PR app status has changed to in process ( we started processing xxxxx's app on July 2016)

Not sure what' happening on the SA side

Anyone in similar situation?

jimmigd

May 12, 2016
Did anyone from the 2014 application receive their passport request? We sent our medical, PPC May 27th to Delhi. Haven't received any communication or acknowledgement of receipt after. Online status is medicals received.

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
jimmigd said:
Did anyone from the 2014 application receive their passport request? We sent our medical, PPC May 27th to Delhi. Haven't received any communication or acknowledgement of receipt after. Online status is medicals received.
@jimmigd,

Congrats. The very fact that "MEDICAL RECEIVED LINE HAS APPEARED IN YOUR ESTATUS", it implies that the designated MO at VO has approved the medical results as sent by the doctor who had examined your parent(s). He must have issued NOC for issue of VISA,subject to clearance other pending BG /final security check.

Your parent(s) will now get PPT request within a stipulated period,may be within the next four or eight weeks from the date "MEDICAL RECVD." line appeared in the case.

Good luck. May God bless all !!!!

mspjal

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
saindia said:
Thanks for you quick reply!
Is the PCC now only done online in India? I have been trying to get this done and it seems the only way to do is online and the police provides a PDF copy. Did you receive the same?
Hi,

We live in small part Navsari, Gujarat so we did received hard copy (Paper Copy).

But i have seen lots of people receive pdf in this forum specially from Delhi. So you can ask them. If your parents are still in india ask them to inquire.

inder76

Aug 15, 2012
Folks,

My father went for a medical and was referred to a cardologist as he had open heart surgery ~20 years ago and has been stable with regular medicines since then. Cardiologist did ECG and echo tests and have now asked to undergo angiography to check the arteries. My father showed 1.5 years old report from another hospital but they refused to accept it and said we will need to do it again as medical is being done in our hospital. Previous report was absolutely fine and i hope and believe that report from the retest will be fine too.

My question is that does CIC sees applicant with past heart surgery and on regular medication (which most of the heart patients have to take) as a burden on Canadian health system and could potentially consider inadmissible? Or they see this as one of very common issues that individuals at this age would have and consider it minor or not so important?

Any suggestions or such experiences would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Inder