+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

pasponsor

Jun 4, 2016
My parents were requested to submit PCC from their current country of residence only (which they have been living in for more than 10 years). The application only asked for their addresses in the last 10 years or since their 18th birthday whichever is more recent.

soonihope said:
Just every country you have lived in for 6months or longer since 18 yrs. it does not mean each city in a country that you may have lived in.

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
Has anyone else not received anything? My application was received January 3, 2014 and I had to redue schedule A. Since then (feb) I've heard nothing :(.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pasponsor said:
My parents were requested to submit PCC from their current country of residence only (which they have been living in for more than 10 years). The application only asked for their addresses in the last 10 years or since their 18th birthday whichever is more recent.
Please read link below, under who needs a police certificate.

It is every country you have lived in for 6 months since 18yrs old.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

pasponsor

Jun 4, 2016
For parents/grandparents sponsorship, form IMM5669 is different than for regular PR. Question 12 asks for their address in the last 10 years only.

Question 12
Indicate the residential addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent, complete with the postal code. Do not use P.O. box addresses.

As long as the parents are over 28 years old, then you need to provide addresses for the last 10 years only as it's the most recent.

soonihope said:

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pasponsor said:
For parents/grandparents sponsorship, form IMM5669 is different than for regular PR. Question 12 asks for their address in the last 10 years only.

Question 12
Indicate the residential addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent, complete with the postal code. Do not use P.O. box addresses.

As long as the parents are over 28 years old, then you need to provide addresses for the last 10 years only as it's the most recent.
Police certificates are still required for all countries someone has lived in since age 18 for ALL categories of permanent residence applications. Those are the rules on the CIC website regarding PCC

Your point about where you have lived during the last 10 years or since the age of 18 is a separate question unrelated to the issue of police certificates.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
soonihope said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
My parents visited Canada in Super Visa from 21 May 2014 to 16 November 2014. That mean they stayed inside Canada for 180 days. Should they submit the police clearance certificate from Canada?

They are currently living in Bangladesh. Could someone suggest me how can I collect police clearance certificate (if needed) for Canada and how long it might take?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
siter_pakhi said:
My parents visited Canada in Super Visa from 21 May 2014 to 16 November 2014. That mean they stayed inside Canada for 180 days. Should they submit the police clearance certificate from Canada?

They are currently living in Bangladesh. Could someone suggest me how can I collect police clearance certificate (if needed) for Canada and how long it might take?
No need to submit PCC for Canada. If it is required you will receive a separate request.

See link below :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

It states you do not need police certificate for Canada

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
soonihope said:
No need to submit PCC for Canada. If it is required you will receive a separate request.

See link below :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

It states you do not need police certificate for Canada
soonihope ,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. It would be a great relief if they do not need to submit PCC for Canada.

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Just out of curiosity, I sent an email to Sao Paulo office asking for a status update as my online status hasnt changed from "in process".

Their reply is below, just FYI everyone:

"Case is under assessment. File was received at our office in March 2016, and current average processing time in this category is 9 months (in São Paulo)."

Gives an idea on timeline anyways.

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
you already got passport request!?!?!

pasponsor

Jun 4, 2016
The request we received was very specific to submit PCC from one named country (where they reside).

Might differ from location to location.

soonihope said:
Police certificates are still required for all countries someone has lived in since age 18 for ALL categories of permanent residence applications. Those are the rules on the CIC website regarding PCC

Your point about where you have lived during the last 10 years or since the age of 18 is a separate question unrelated to the issue of police certificates.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pasponsor said:
The request we received was very specific to submit PCC from one named country (where they reside).

Might differ from location to location.
I can only says what the CIC website clearly states regarding police certificates but if you have received different instructions I cannot comment on that.

However someone on another post stated the following request which they received recently and again it clearly mentions police certificates for every country lived in for 6 month since age 18.

Here is that post and their parent case is being processed in Delhi not that there are different rules for police certificates. All LVO's have same rule for police certificates.

nh9522 said:
Previously submitted travel history, police certificate, and schedule A.
It has been less then a month and received a correspondence via email from Delhi Branch (Canada) requesting for the same paperwork to be submitted via email without any reasons for it.

Can somebody help me this:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. updated and completed Schedule A with details personal history from when you and your spouse turned 18 years old. This must be received at this office by: 2016/07/23

Ø > Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. for both. This must be received at this office by: 2016/07/23

Ø > FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate for both This must be received at this office by: 2016/07/23

Ø > Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for you This must be received at this office by: 2016/07/23
(Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High Commission at the e-mail address. Unless specifically requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail.

pasponsor

Jun 4, 2016
Yeah looks like in the case below they requested a lot of info.

Maybe it differs from case to case as not many people are asked to fill in IMM5669 again at this stage!

soonihope said:
I can only says what the CIC website clearly states regarding police certificates but if you have received different instructions I cannot comment on that.

However someone on another post stated the following request which they received recently and again it clearly mentions police certificates for every country lived in for 6 month since age 18.

Here is that post and their parent case is being processed in Delhi not that there are different rules for police certificates. All LVO's have same rule for police certificates.

pasponsor

Jun 4, 2016
I would like to happily share that my parents got their request to submit their passports for PR printing! their application was approved today!