+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
MrNobody said:
Thanks, but many countries have different police forces for each city or state. For example even in Ontario, Toronto Police is a different entity than Peel Regional Police and OPP etc. In India, each state similarly has its own police force. So if you've lived in multiple states, you will perhaps need to contact the authorities in each state separately, which might be a nightmare!

I think the best option is for me to apply for PCC on my parents' behalf to the Indian Consulate in Canada, which will then contact all the individual police agencies and provide a single PCC document at the end.

Is this what everyone here is doing?
Federal = RCMP
Provincial = OPP
Municipal = many police services all over Ontario

Now, I've done PCC at least 4 times from different cities of Ontario for employment purpose from my student period till 2016. I just fill out the form available on Municipal Police Service (whichever city I'm at) and submit it locally. This should be no different from PCC done for immigration (I've also done RCMP fingerprints thru local police service).

Now, I don't know about India but you definitely are over-thinking.

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
Rossei said:
Federal = RCMP
Provincial = OPP
Municipal = many police services all over Ontario

Now, I've done PCC at least 4 times from different cities of Ontario for employment purpose from my student period till 2016. I just fill out the form available on Municipal Police Service (whichever city I'm at) and submit it locally. This should be no different from PCC done for immigration (I've also done RCMP fingerprints thru local police service).

Now, I don't know about India but you definitely are over-thinking.
@Rossei,

I am of the view that PCC is country specific, as far as immigration purpose is concerned. In India, it is being issued by two Govt. agencies/authorities-namely ,Passport facility Center(PASSPORT SUVIDHA KENDRA) and and District Police commissioner Office.All that one is required to do is to complete the formalities.Local police station, under which applicant's residence falls, conducts a physical verification and reports back to Commissioner's office or PSK . Positive REPORT gives way to issue PCC by the said authority.

If someone in is in Canada, he /she can get it done from Indian Consulate or authorise some in the home country for getting the needful done on principal applicant's behalf.

Hope, it may suffice.

Good luck.God bless all !

mspjal

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
mspjal said:
@Rossei,

I am of the view that PCC is country specific, as far as immigration purpose is concerned. In India, it is being issued by two Govt. agencies/authorities-namely ,Passport facility Center(PASSPORT SUVIDHA KENDRA) and and District Police commissioner Office.All that one is required to do is to complete the formalities.Local police station, under which applicant's residence falls, conducts a physical verification and reports back to Commissioner's office or PSK . Positive REPORT gives way to issue PCC by the said authority.

If someone in is in Canada, he /she can get it done from Indian Consulate or authorise some in the home country for getting the needful done on principal applicant's behalf.

Hope, it may suffice.

mspjal
Absolutely correct.

Erlm

Nov 3, 2014
Hello Guys,

My process has been forwarded to the visa office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, for further processing. Is anyone here in the same office? Did you get any request?
I still didn't get any request for background checking or medical exams.

Early Bird

Mar 8, 2016
pasponsor said:
I would like to add my parents' application timelines:

- Arrived to CPC-M Jan 3, 2014
- Letter confirming receipt of application June 9, 2014
- e-cas shows CIC started processing the application on Feb 18, 2016
- Got a letter of sponsorship approval and transfer to local visa office (Tel Aviv) on April 14, 2016
- e-cas shows local visa office started processing the application on May 13, 2016
- Got a letter from the local visa office on May 16 requiring medicals, police certificates, and to pay the right of permanent residency fee

All documents have now been submitted, fees paid, and medicals completed. Waiting on final decision!

How did you receive "the letter from the local visa office on May 16 requiring medicals, police certificates, and to pay the right of permanent residency fee", was it by mail OR email?? was it to your email address or your parents' email ??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Erlm said:
Hello Guys,

My process has been forwarded to the visa office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, for further processing. Is anyone here in the same office? Did you get any request?
Bmramon had Medical request from same office on 14-Apr-2016. You can check it on 2014 PGP Timeline spreadsheet.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
mspjal said:
@Rossei,

Hope, it may suffice.

mspjal
Thanks for your replies mspjal & Rossei. My mom visited the Police comissioner's office in her city, and applied for PCC. They have informed her that the PCC they issue will be marked as Year XXXX-Present. In our case, the past 20 years since she's been staying in the city for that long. For any clearances beyond that (since the age of 18), it seems she will need to make another application in the cities she resided then.

Have other folks here been doing the same? I have heard of other cases where people are submitting just the PCC from their local police station for however many years they've been residing in that city and CIC has accepted those.

RoyalNS

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
MrNobody said:
Thanks for your replies mspjal & Rossei. My mom visited the Police comissioner's office in her city, and applied for PCC. They have informed her that the PCC they issue will be marked as Year XXXX-Present. In our case, the past 20 years since she's been staying in the city for that long. For any clearances beyond that (since the age of 18), it seems she will need to make another application in the cities she resided then.

Have other folks here been doing the same? I have heard of other cases where people are submitting just the PCC from their local police station for however many years they've been residing in that city and CIC has accepted those.
I do not know which country you are getting PCC from but it just usually say either you got criminal record or have you been a good citizen and they put a date when did they check it and the time count from that day. I do know know if they can give something with the time frame. Every county got a central DB to check ofr the record. Eg. in Canada no matter where you do (Local police/RCMP) they will check it on RCMP DB.
For BD they mention passport number in the PCC also and just simply say that there are no criminal record found for this person( name, DOB and Passport number and when they checked the record).All country should be almost same more or less.

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
Respected All Member,

We are in some odd situation.

I had earlier applied for PR and visa was rejected in 2006 due to my mom health.

Now my mom passed away and applied for my dad 2014. We finished medical and submitted PCC(India, Canada).

But my dad has been working in All other countries and we had provided PCC during first time?. Just wonder is that PCC is still valid?

We did not mentioned anything about it and updtaed Travel Form with last 10 year history.

If anyone has any idea please advise?

Thank you

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Apl2014 said:
Respected All Member,

We are in some odd situation.

I had earlier applied for PR and visa was rejected in 2006 due to my mom health.

Now my mom passed away and applied for my dad 2014. We finished medical and submitted PCC(India, Canada).

But my dad has been working in All other countries and we had provided PCC during first time?. Just wonder is that PCC is still valid?

We did not mentioned anything about it and updtaed Travel Form with last 10 year history.

If anyone has any idea please advise?

Thank you
PCC has to be no more than 6 months old when you submit them.you need to provide a certificate for every country your father has lived in for more than 6 months since age 18.
PCC submitted in 2006 will no longer be valid.you need to submit new ones.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
RoyalNS said:
I do not know which country you are getting PCC from but it just usually say either you got criminal record or have you been a good citizen and they put a date when did they check it and the time count from that day. I do know know if they can give something with the time frame. Every county got a central DB to check ofr the record. Eg. in Canada no matter where you do (Local police/RCMP) they will check it on RCMP DB.
For BD they mention passport number in the PCC also and just simply say that there are no criminal record found for this person( name, DOB and Passport number and when they checked the record).All country should be almost same more or less.
She's in Mumbai, so I expect the PCC will look something like this:

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
Hi soonihope,

I did understand that. But if person visit that country and will never enter again then what is the point of getting new one?.

Thank You

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
MrNobody said:
She's in Mumbai, so I expect the PCC will look something like this:

@MrNobody,

your query has been very correctly answered by "SOONIHOPE",the forum member Shall I be permitted to reiterate that PCC is country specific, as such the certificate issued by Commissioner's OFFICE, your mother is presently staying, may suffice.

Rest of your reservation stands addressed by our aforementioned erudite friend in the forum.

Good luck. God bless all !!!

mspjal

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Erlm said:
Hello Guys,

Sim, eu tambem.

So far they sent me an email asking for Brazillian police clearance certificate (Policia Federal) as well an additional family background form for my brother who was under 18 when we submitted the application, but is now over 18.

pasponsor

Jun 4, 2016
By email to my parents' email address.

Early Bird said:
How did you receive "the letter from the local visa office on May 16 requiring medicals, police certificates, and to pay the right of permanent residency fee", was it by mail OR email?? was it to your email address or your parents' email ??