+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

quinnman

Star Member
May 14, 2013
siter_pakhi said:
I just received email today from CIC suggesting that I have met the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor of my father and mother. My file has been forwarder to CPC-Ottawa for further processing.

Hopefully all others waiting for the sponsorship approval will hear the good news soon. Keep checking your email regularly. May god fulfill all of our well wishes soon.
Great news for you and your family

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siter_pakhi said:
I just received email today from CIC suggesting that I have met the requirement for eligibility as a sponsor of my father and mother. My file has been forwarder to CPC-Ottawa for further processing.

Hopefully all others waiting for the sponsorship approval will hear the good news soon. Keep checking your email regularly. May god fulfill all of our well wishes soon.
Congratulations! It seems like the officer who handled your file was good with NOAs and didn't require Option C's. You got a good one, best of luck

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
October 11, 2016 (Passport received by SVO: October 31, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
scorpion_ca said:
Please share the email address that we can add it as sender to safe senders list.
I do agree with you that all should add the email address (through which CIC send the sponsor approval) into their address book. I received my approval from the following address:

CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
siter_pakhi said:
I do agree with you that all should add the email address (through which CIC send the sponsor approval) into their address book. I received my approval from the following address:

CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
You can actually create a filter in your email with the CIC domain name (@cic.gc.ca) so that any email from CIC will never go to SPAM/JUNK and so on.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siter_pakhi said:

CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca
Thanks!

Do you need to forward anything to Ottawa office? Did they mention anything about your next step? Is your parents already in Canada?

I was surprised to see that they have forwarded your file to Ottawa office instead of Singapore office. I think it is a good news. Otherwise, SVO would take ages to process the file.

My file is in progress since Dec, 2014 and still no update. I think they are following FIFO method. Your file was received on Jan 8, 2014 and mine was Jan 10, 2014. Hope for the best.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
scorpion_ca said:
Thanks!

Do you need to forward anything to Ottawa office? Did they mention anything about your next step? Is your parents already in Canada?

I was surprised to see that they have forwarded your file to Ottawa office instead of Singapore office. I think it is a good news. Otherwise, SVO would take ages to process the file.

My file is in progress since Dec, 2014 and still no update. I think they are following FIFO method. Your file was received on Jan 8, 2014 and mine was Jan 10, 2014. Hope for the best.
No, CIC did not instruct me to forward any document to Ottawa office. I guess CIC themselves will forward my application package to Ottawa office.
My parents are not in Canada now. There is no other dependent (except my father & mother) on my application. I guess that's why my file was forwarded to Ottawa office.

I do strongly believe that CIC is trying their level best to process the parents sponsorship applications as faster as possible. We all should be patience and appreciate CIC's effort and pray for each other.

harvey1687

Jan 23, 2015
I have a concern. I applied for my grandmother sponsorship in Jan 2014. When I applied, she was here in canada living with me, so I put my canadian address as her residence and mailing address. Now, she has gone back to India and will be staying there until her file is processed completely. When I go online to change address on her file, it does not allow me to change the address to that of India. I can only be updated to another Canadian Address.

Any suggestion on what should I do to change the address. I have been trying to contact CIC call centre... but due to high call volume they cannot transfer the call and tell me to try again later. That later is always high volume since last week I have been trying.

Jan 6, 2014
So after submitting option C documents via the web inquiry form based on CIC's ask (which was strange because I had already submitted all NOAs with original application), I got an email from CIC yesterday to "resubmit them". :eek: :eek:

No reason given, just re-submit. I had sent them the documents online via the Web link AND a physical copy via direct mail a couple of weeks back. Wonder what happened to those.

In any case, I have resubmitted. Hopefully no more issues now.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
harvey1687 said:
I have a concern. I applied for my grandmother sponsorship in Jan 2014. When I applied, she was here in canada living with me, so I put my canadian address as her residence and mailing address. Now, she has gone back to India and will be staying there until her file is processed completely. When I go online to change address on her file, it does not allow me to change the address to that of India. I can only be updated to another Canadian Address.

Any suggestion on what should I do to change the address. I have been trying to contact CIC call centre... but due to high call volume they cannot transfer the call and tell me to try again later. That later is always high volume since last week I have been trying.
Did you follow the instructions mentioned on the following webpage?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#outside

harvey1687

Jan 23, 2015
siter_pakhi said:
Did you follow the instructions mentioned on the following webpage?
I emailed CIC New Delhi, India, they said that the file is with CPC-Mississauga and to contact them. I cannot get through to them on the phone.

siter_pakhi

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 08, 2014
AOR Received.
June 09, 2014
File Transfer...
April 06, 2016
Med's Request
June 28, 2016
Med's Done....
July 23, 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 4, 2016
harvey1687 said:
I emailed CIC New Delhi, India, they said that the file is with CPC-Mississauga and to contact them. I cannot get through to them on the phone.
Couple of weeks ago on a Friday morning I was able to talk to a CIC agent over the phone. Usually Thursday and Friday first hour (morning) is the best time to call CIC. I believe you already know the CIC's number but I am mentioning it again as follow:

- 1-888-242-2100
- Dial 1 to Change Address
- Dial 1 to Change Address
- Dial 0 to speak to an agent

You might hear that the line is busy and the line might terminate automatically. Try again and again. At some point you will hear that you are on the queue to speak to an agent and you waiting time is XXXX minute. Keep a copy of your application handy to answer some of the questions (Name, UCI, DOB). Good luck.

Apl2014

Mar 15, 2016
FingersCrossed10x said:
So after submitting option C documents via the web inquiry form based on CIC's ask (which was strange because I had already submitted all NOAs with original application), I got an email from CIC yesterday to "resubmit them". :eek: :eek:

No reason given, just re-submit. I had sent them the documents online via the Web link AND a physical copy via direct mail a couple of weeks back. Wonder what happened to those.

In any case, I have resubmitted. Hopefully no more issues now.
Hi,

If you do not mind can you please send us link so i can upload option c print out as a proactive measure.

Thank You

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
Today we crossed the border to get our Super Visa extended for another 2 years. The officer said she could see our PR application but couldn't give us much detail. She said she could say things were happening with our application and it was underway and that our sponsor had been approved on February 12 2016. We knew it was in progress but didn't know our sponsor had been approved. She said only 1 year extension would be necessary.

Stressed!

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-08-2015
Yorkiemum said:
Today we crossed the border to get our Super Visa extended for another 2 years. The officer said she could see our PR application but couldn't give us much detail. She said she could say things were happening with our application and it was underway and that our sponsor had been approved on February 12 2016. We knew it was in progress but didn't know our sponsor had been approved. She said only 1 year extension would be necessary.
Hi there,

Was your super visa extended for another 2 years? But when the officer said "only 1 year extension would be necessary" she implied that your application will be processed within that year?