+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
CIC agent is wrong, you will calculate per 6 people

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
CIC agent is incorrect. The below is from the new guide.

How to calculate the family size?

The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:

1. Count:
yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types A, B and C)”

Note: Children who meet the definition of a dependent child must be included in the calculation, even if you as a sponsor do not have custody nor provide child support.

2. Count:
the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

Count:
3. the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.
4. If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer.

Calculate the number of persons covered in steps 1 to 4. The total represents the family size
Look at the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship in this guide to help you decide if you have the financial ability to meet sponsorship requirements. Note that your calculations will only be an estimate.

raisemyrent

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
MofC2014 said:
No questions are stupid, there are only stupid answers hehe :D

You complete one application with one of your parents as principal applicant and the other parent added as dependent on that application.
wow thanks for the quick response. I guess I forgot to say that they are divorced, so they aren't dependent on each other. Does that matter?

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
raisemyrent said:
wow thanks for the quick response. I guess I forgot to say that they are divorced, so they aren't dependent on each other. Does that matter?
In this case, as they are divorced, they are not considered family members to each other, therefore 2 separate applications need to be completed. If either of them remarried, than also their respective spouse and dependent children (if applicable) must be added to each application.

OnePieceOne

Jan 30, 2014
Hi I'm new to the forum!

Here's my 2014 PGP Sponsorship timeline so far

Jan 20th application submitted via UPS
Jan 21th application arrived at CPC-M at 8:30am
Jan 29th credit card authorized (amount on hold)

One question, does the credit card hold indicate I've made it for the 5000? I read on a newspaper that a great many applications among the first 7000 were returned because of incompleteness (every 1 in 2).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
OnePieceOne said:
Hi I'm new to the forum!

Here's my 2014 PGP Sponsorship timeline so far

Jan 20th application submitted via UPS
Jan 21th application arrived at CPC-M at 8:30am
Jan 29th credit card authorized (amount on hold)

One question, does the credit card hold indicate I've made it for the 5000? I read on a newspaper that a great many applications among the first 7000 were returned because of incompleteness (every 1 in 2).
That is the reasonable assumption the forum is thinking. If you are charged on your credit card, your application get accepted towards the 5000 cap.

quinnman

Star Member
May 14, 2013
I really thought that all 5000 would have been gone in the first week, it has paid off for those that took their time

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Everyone...

new to this thread. I sent application package on 13th January and received by CIC 16th January

CC charged today.

Sent - Jan 13th 2014
Received - Jan 16th 2014
CC - Jan 30th 2014.

thanks
prasamp

prasamp

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Apr-2013 (In Process from 15th Oct 2013)
Doc's Request.
CSQ - 9th October 2013
Nomination.....
15th May 2013 (Sponsor Approval)
AOR Received.
03-May-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-May-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
13-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Gatineau said:
Hi everybody,,,

Any Quebec applicants here ? Also anybody knows when we gonna receive a confirmation letter?

Thanks

Application received - Jan 6th (10:30)
Credit card charged: Jan 20th
Hi Gatineau,

Bonjour!... I am a quebec applicant

tameez1985

Nov 11, 2012
Yawza said:
Just wondering if anybody paid by a certified check got a bank confirmation that it was cashed out? I applied on the 8th but until now the check is still pending ( according to TD), not sure how often does the gov cash them out? once a month?

Thanks
I am in the same situation. I applied on Jan. 7th. Cheque has not yet been cashed.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
tameez1985 said:
I am in the same situation. I applied on Jan. 7th. Cheque has not yet been cashed.
+1

All, I will update new data timelines later today. Thanks.

rajoo33

Jan 30, 2013
MofC2014 said:
CIC agent is incorrect. The below is from the new guide.

How to calculate the family size?

The size of the family determines the amount of income you need to make to sponsor. Use this table below to assist you in calculating the size of your family:

1. Count:
yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types A, B and C)”

Note: Children who meet the definition of a dependent child must be included in the calculation, even if you as a sponsor do not have custody nor provide child support.

2. Count:
the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

Count:
3. the number of persons covered by other valid undertakings you have made or co-signed in the past.
4. If you have a co-signer, count all persons covered by still valid undertakings made or co-signed by your co-signer.

Calculate the number of persons covered in steps 1 to 4. The total represents the family size
Look at the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship in this guide to help you decide if you have the financial ability to meet sponsorship requirements. Note that your calculations will only be an estimate.
MofC2014. Thanks you very much as well for detailed response. Can you please post the link of this guide? Much appreciated.

mathar

Jan 16, 2014
Guys not an active poster but active reader.

Just to give you update:
My application reached Jan 20th around 10AM and I confirmed with my CC company CIC has taken money from my credit however it is not posted to my account yet which take another one or two days. Hope I make it to the cap. Worried that I miss the gap as took me some time to gather all required documents from back home.

Good Luck to everyone and thanks to all active member who are always there when someone seeking help.

:)

Calgary_NewB

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
tameez1985 said:
CIC wouldn't be worried about certified cheques and money orders, as they are guaranteed funds. They will probably deposit all of them together. If you really want to check on your applications, you can call CIC help desk and ask for the notes on your file regarding the sponsorship application. If you application is accepted, they would probably tell you "sponsorship application is deemed complete"...

Good luck!