+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on the Family Class application process.

I'm looking for people to participate in an anonymous online survey about their experiences of the application process to sponsor family members. My goal is that the results can be used for advocacy to make improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey - the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I already have. Unfortunately I haven’t heard from many people who are in the process of sponsoring parents and grandparents yet so that's why I'm posting in this thread.

So if any of you are interested in telling me about your experiences with, and recommendations for, the sponsorship process so far I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a button to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Finally, if you participated in an inteview last year - thank you again :) but unfortunately I need different people to fill in the survey (as I will be comparing the results with each other).

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and good luck with your applications everyone! :D

Erlm

Nov 3, 2014
I'm not PR anymore. I'm canadian citizen now but I tried to use my PR ID and didn't work too.
:'(

The F number didn't work too

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Erlm

Nov 3, 2014
FINALLY!!!
The problem was the birth date. I was trying to use my parents date and actually, have to be my birth date!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you see the 2nd line there? Did CIC start working on your application?

Erlm said:
FINALLY!!!
The problem was the birth date. I was trying to use my parents date and actually, have to be my birth date!

Erlm

Nov 3, 2014
No.... Now you made me sad.... :'(

Who else has this information line?

My status:

Sponsorship Application Status:
Application Received
1.We received your application to sponsor ***** on January 9, 2014.
Dependents listed on the application are: *****

Permanent Residence Application Status:
Application Received
1.We received *******'s application for permanent residence on January 9, 2014.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
scorpion_ca said:
There is a new line under my sponsorship application status.

"We started processing your application on December 4, 2014."

Do you see it when you access your application status online?
Congrats scorpion_ca!

Are you the first 2014 applicant on this forum whose case went to processing? Surely, it's a sign of hope. BTW, it's high time that you guys made an updated spreadsheet.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erlm said:
No.... Now you made me sad.... :'(

Who else has this information line?

My status:

Sponsorship Application Status:
Application Received
1.We received your application to sponsor ***** on January 9, 2014.
Dependents listed on the application are: *****

Permanent Residence Application Status:
Application Received
1.We received *******'s application for permanent residence on January 9, 2014.
Don't be sad. CIC might have started to process your application but they have not updated status online.

They started to process my application on Dec 4, 2014 but I have not noticed the 2nd line until Nov, 2015.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Congrats scorpion_ca!

Are you the first 2014 applicant on this forum whose case went to processing? Surely, it's a sign of hope. BTW, it's high time that you guys made an updated spreadsheet.
I do not know if I am the first person in this forum whose case went to processing but other might have seen the 2nd line in their application status but does not want to share good news.

Yorkiemum

Sep 23, 2015
scorpion_ca said:
I do not know if I am the first person in this forum whose case went to processing but other might have seen the 2nd line in their application status but does not want to share good news.
The CIC website says our application was received on 2nd January 2014. We applied within Canada...a courier hand delivered our application to Mississauga. He was waiting for the doors to open and our application was one of the first 12 received...but there is still no change in our status.

I will post on here when there is a further update.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
scorpion_ca said:
Don't be sad. CIC might have started to process your application but they have not updated status online.

They started to process my application on Dec 4, 2014 but I have not noticed the 2nd line until Nov, 2015.
Congratulations. However I am not sure how to understand CIC's timing logic. On their website over the last summer it states they were processing files received up until Nov 2011. How come out of sudden they pull out 2014 files and started processing them since December 2014. Maybe you can order GCMS and hopefully you can share with us what was really going on.

jzsga1

Jan 19, 2015
Wow it is really a good news that CIC already started processing the 2014 batch!! Does anyone else also have such good news to share with us?

Anthony42

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
I don't think they started processing anything yet. Not yet but hopefully soon. My application was one of the first ones and I have no change in status.

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
Anyone else have any updates? I keep checking every Tuesday!

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
vnexpress said:
Congratulations. However I am not sure how to understand CIC's timing logic. On their website over the last summer it states they were processing files received up until Nov 2011. How come out of sudden they pull out 2014 files and started processing them since December 2014. Maybe you can order GCMS and hopefully you can share with us what was really going on.
Obviously after 2011 applications they will pick 2014 as there was hold on applications between 2011 and 2013 and started again in 2014 Jan. So yes now its time for you guys to keep checking status and get the update.

fgeromel

Dec 22, 2015
Hi,

I am applying for the sponsorship this year. Which courier did you use? Seems like you one of the first applications, right?
Many thanks for your help!