+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Almaty

Mar 4, 2014
Re: Credit card charged by CIC for PGP application. What is next?

Hishman said:
Whats your application timeline? When was your application received and when was your CC charged?
[/quote

My application has been received on Jan 6th and the credit card charged on Jan 17th. I contacted the Call center, they have do not know when the Letter of Acknowledgment will be sent to applicants.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrNobody said:
Nina, are you still sticking to the plan of pursuing the application? I will probably file my taxes soon and send CIC the NoA as soon as I receive the AoR, or perhaps even earlier, like you tried. I'm very pessimistic about them processing the application though. I'm still sticking to the plan of if I don't hear anything positive from them by end of 2014, I will likely withdraw and apply again in 2015, assuming the PGP does exist in 2015!! ::)
Sent you a PM

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
maveick said:
Thanks PS_4_Parents_Sponsorship. I called them. They said they are not able to provide any information based on UCI at this time. Applications are being opened currently and no responses have been sent so far. Only after the response is received I should get back to them for any clarification. Until then they declined to provide any information like if the application is received, why they did not charge my credit card etc.

Is there anyone who got different response from CIC for similar questions?
I called them after my credit card got charged. And gave my UCI number, and the rep said, that my application is deemed complete. Also I asked whether that means I'm inside the cap, he asked whether my cc got charged. When I said yes, he said that means i'm good to go and nothing to worry.

But at the same time, some others got different responses who almost had the same circumstances as me. So it hard to interpret a REP's feedback.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
prasamp said:
Hi,

the processing of quebec sponsors differ mainly on the income. As Quebec sponsor we dont need to submit any income proof, noc to prove minimum income. The financial evaluation forms are not required for us. once CIC verifies sponsor eligibility by checking if we are eligible (like no fraud sponsorship earlier, no prev sponsor filed for govt aid etc) and then its Ministry of quebec who does financial evaluation. The minimum income table for quebec is different from other province. As mentioned the CSQ has a expiry date and CIC needs to issue visa before the expiry date of CIC. That might be the reason few ppl got ...saying that there are cases for whom 3 years duration of CSQ expired and CIC requested for fresh CSQ and micc says they need to apply again... so if you are a quebec sponsor...be careful with timelines and apply for CSQ accordingly.. difficult to judge... fingers crossed.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-has-experience-with-csq-quebec-renewal-for-parents-t80365.0
Hello All,

I am new to this thread, I have been reading it since page 1 trying to find an answer to my question, but unfortunately I was not able to find an answer. My sister lives in the province of Quebec and would like to sponsor my mother, as most of you may know the LICO required by the province of Quebec only accounts for the previous 12 months of the filing date and not for the previous 3 years like the federal government demands, my sister will be able to file her sponsorship application next year, my question is does anybody know how long does it take for a Quebec applicant nowadays to pass the first stage (assessment of sponsor)

Any Quebec applicants in the thread?

Thank you,

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Master7 said:
Hello All,

I am new to this thread, I have been reading it since page 1 trying to find an answer to my question, but unfortunately I was not able to find an answer. My sister lives in the province of Quebec and would like to sponsor my mother, as most of you may know the LICO required by the province of Quebec only accounts for the previous 12 months of the filing date and not for the previous 3 years like the federal government demands, my sister will be able to file her sponsorship application next year, my question is does anybody know how long does it take for a Quebec applicant nowadays to pass the first stage (assessment of sponsor)

Any Quebec applicants in the thread?

Thank you,
As the program was on hold for so long and just started up again, nobody knows what the new times will be. I would guess 2 years or so for sponsor approval. There is still a backlog of around 40-50,000 applications.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if when program opens up again in Jan 2015, we see that Quebec is also 3 years income requirement. I don't understand how 1 province can be so different/easier to sponsor parents vs all the others. Quebec has usually always followed the general CIC rules even though they set their own financial requirements.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Rob_TO said:
As the program was on hold for so long and just started up again, nobody knows what the new times will be. I would guess 2 years or so for sponsor approval. There is still a backlog of around 40-50,000 applications.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if when program opens up again in Jan 2015, we see that Quebec is also 3 years income requirement. I don't understand how 1 province can be so different/easier to sponsor parents vs all the others. Quebec has usually always followed the general CIC rules even though they set their own financial requirements.
Thank you for your kind reply Rob. I think your statement is right the province of Quebec tends to align with the federal government I would not be surprised if by next year Quebec also demands a proof of LICO for the last 3 years.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goal80 said:
My application received by CIC on Jan 06
Sent by Canadpost
CC charged on 20 Jan

I have not received any letter or receipt yet
I called CIC, the agent told me it takes 2-3 monthes to get an acknowledgment letter
This is VERY encouraging!
my app only reached CIC on February 04, 2014 at 0947am via UPS
package NOT yet returned and cc not yet charged

Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised in APRIL ? :D

Are there any others out there who did not get CC charge yet or receipt or acknowledgement letter and NOT get their package returned?
Anxious to know!!

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nina.roy said:
About 3 weeks ago, I sent CPC-M the original ink-signed forms of my parent signatures with a covering letter stating that i had submitted scanned copies of signatures with my initial application and now I'm enclosing the originals under the pretext of "Correct Information on Sponsorship Application". Since I didn't have an AOR for reference, I provided them Sponsor name/DOB/UCI#, co-sponsor name/DOB/UCI#, principal application name/DOB etc.

My communication was returned by CPC-M yesterday saying that they couldn't find my application on their system. Strange....coz they already charged my credit card on the 13th Jan, so not sure why they couldn't find my application....I guess I'll have to wait for an AOR to resend these documents in.... ::)
I had NO idea we were allowed to do that!!!
Had I known we could send scanned copies and originals later...I would have had my application sent in by January 4 instead of February 4.............time spent waiting for original signatures via mail!
hmph!!!
disappointed :mad:

does anyone know, is that clarified somewhere on the website?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Leolaz27 said:
my app only reached CIC on February 04, 2014 at 0947am via UPS
package NOT yet returned and cc not yet charged

Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised in APRIL ? :D
Sorry to say but I don't think you made it into the 5000 cap. Seems cap was cut off based on apps received around Jan 20th or so. They actually made the announcement on Feb 3, so anything received after that has zero chance. Best to prepare for a new Jan 2015 submission.

Leolaz27 said:
I had NO idea we were allowed to do that!!!
Had I known we could send scanned copies and originals later...I would have had my application sent in by January 4 instead of February 4.............time spent waiting for original signatures via mail!
hmph!!!
disappointed :mad:

does anyone know, is that clarified somewhere on the website?
It is not clarified, and CIC agents clearly stated to people it was not allowed. People were told originals only.

So anyone who submitted scanned copies of signatures, even if they later sent originals, is faced with a very high probability the app will be rejected when it is processed in 2015 or 2016 based on a non-conforming application at time of submission. Will need to wait and see though.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
I have a question hopefully somebody will be able to answer it.

I currently don't meet the LICO to sponsor both of my parents, however my sister and I have enough LICO to sponsor one parent each, does anybody know if this is possible? I believe I read somewhere that you have to declare BOTH parents and BOTH parents would have to go together? Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Master7 said:
I have a question hopefully somebody will be able to answer it.

I currently don't meet the LICO to sponsor both of my parents, however my sister and I have enough LICO to sponsor one parent each, does anybody know if this is possible? I believe I read somewhere that you have to declare BOTH parents and BOTH parents would have to go together? Thank you!
You are correct, parents can only be sponsored together.

And brothers/sister's can't be co-signers for each other, only spouses.

Imm_fan

Oct 31, 2012
Payment made using certified cheque

Anyone who made a payment through certified cheque able to find out if their cheque was cashed by cic?

pgpvisa2014

Dec 16, 2013
Processing Times: Family Sponsorship : Keeps Increasing

Has anyone else been tracking the status of the Processing Times: Family Sponsorship located here:
(Sorry can not post the URL - no permitted to do so. So Google : 'processing times family sponsorship canada')
They say the information is updated weekly for Step 1, but I have been monitoring this for the past few months and the approximate time keeps increasing?
For Step 1:
In Sep 2013, it was 39
In Oct 2013, it was 40
In Nov 2013, it was 41
and now March 2014, it is 46 months.

Can anyone explain why would this number not be decreasing as each month passes?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
probably still a lot of older applications still pending @ CPC-Miss. for decision on Stage 1.

(ours was slow too, sent papers to cpc-m in July 2012 and got stage 1 decision in january 2013, a good long time eventhough the AOR came earlier).

A lot of patience needed in this, it won't be quick.

Visa offices are also slow in this regard, only Vienna, London, New Delhi has been fast....but alot of people still waiting at these offices too.
Other visa offices are EXTREMELY slow, such as Islamabad, Singapore, Manilla, Ankara, etc.

So sit tight, have police certificates ready as well as other documentations stand-by, and have a lot of patience......

Another tip, make sure all 18+ adults fill in their history, activites, etc SINCE age 18. Don't rely on the last 10 yrs stuff, make sure its from 18 yrs up, with no gaps.

Jan 10, 2014
Oakville, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Re: Processing Times: Family Sponsorship : Keeps Increasing

The time taken will always fluctuate. The time is an estimate based on the recent processing. This would not reflect the actual time it would take to process the applications. For example, during the peek PGP re-opening applications, no previous applications might not have been processed. Also from the dates they provide, they do it in batches, so if they start a batch next month, then you will see the time decrease again. So let's just hope for the best.

If I apply today, will the processing times show how long it will take to finalize my application?

No. The processing times only show the time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

pgpvisa2014 said:
Has anyone else been tracking the status of the Processing Times: Family Sponsorship located here:
(Sorry can not post the URL - no permitted to do so. So Google : 'processing times family sponsorship canada')
They say the information is updated weekly for Step 1, but I have been monitoring this for the past few months and the approximate time keeps increasing?
For Step 1:
In Sep 2013, it was 39
In Oct 2013, it was 40
In Nov 2013, it was 41
and now March 2014, it is 46 months.

Can anyone explain why would this number not be decreasing as each month passes?