+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE...

Surrey2014

Jun 23, 2017
Could you guys help me in linking my application to the online account. I have read many posts before, it says that put a space bar on city/town of birth. I have tried all combinations with leaving city of birth blank ( hitting space bar once) but the form ask me to fill.

My mother in law got her medical in March and then we provided the PCC in April. Online status says medical has been received but I want to see if Background check is in process or not.

Surrey2014

Jun 23, 2017
Hello everyone,
Does anyone is currently waiting for final decision after medical exam? My parents passed medical exam this January and till now I have no news from Immigration Canada. Maybe someone has similar situation

Have you heard anything. I think they ask for PPR normally after 6 months. Have you received the request. I am also waiting for my mother inlaw. Her was done in this March end

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
This has to be the most frustrating wait ever for me and my mother! Our 2014 application reached CIC on Jan 3rd, 2014 and no update until now.

So many people from 2015 and 2016 have already landed and yet we haven't even got SA. Our case has to be one of the more straight forward ones....single parent...canadian citizen sponsor with more than double the required financial cutoff.

We have gone to our MP 5 times in the last 8 months and they have nothing to update or offer us and have told us not to come back till september. I will now order GCMS notes but don't hope to see anything different.

Sorry for the rant fellow applicants :(

Cant believe this...Finally got SA after 3 and a half years and file is being transferred to Ottawa. I guess one more year at a minimum from here on to get my mother PR status.

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
Cant believe this...Finally got SA after 3 and a half years and file is being transferred to Ottawa. I guess one more year at a minimum from here on to get my mother PR status.
Congrates ... I hear you .. I don't understand the logic .. it should be first come first serve basis and have seen 2015 and 2016 get processed sooner. My SA came in Feb this year and so far nothing after that.

Is your Mom in Canada or back home? Trying to understand the concept on why they send to Ottawa, if the parents are back home.

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Congrates ... I hear you .. I don't understand the logic .. it should be first come first serve basis and have seen 2015 and 2016 get processed sooner. My SA came in Feb this year and so far nothing after that.

Is your Mom in Canada or back home? Trying to understand the concept on why they send to Ottawa, if the parents are back home.
Try sending an email to the VO asking for an update. I got SA in Jan 2017 (applied in Jan 2014). In May, I sent a webform + an email to the VO asking if they needed any further docs, since its been 6 months, blah blah, and my mum's passport will expire in 1yr and it will cause further delay if we have to renew...etc etc...
On June 6, I got an email to do medicals.

missmywife

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
21-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
25-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
DM: Mar 20 2016
Try sending an email to the VO asking for an update. I got SA in Jan 2017 (applied in Jan 2014). In May, I sent a webform + an email to the VO asking if they needed any further docs, since its been 6 months, blah blah, and my mum's passport will expire in 1yr and it will cause further delay if we have to renew...etc etc...
On June 6, I got an email to do medicals.
I was about to do the same as you did and Lo and Behold this morning I got 2 messages in the GCkey account......one asking for her medicals and one asking for the fee and police clearance certificate. So happy with this development! Thank you to all for your supportive messages sent to me via inbox.

I do have a couple of questions and hoping someone can answer them:

- We got an appointment for medicals for today..hopefully that is out of the way quickly. Our PC is needed from India and since my parent is here in canada we will go to the BLS centre and apply for it there. How long does it take to get the PC? And how long from here on to get final Passport request from Ottawa office?

- I noticed in the letter that they say the following: ""Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title."" I haven't received any email from them so far! and in the pdf we saw my email address is spelled out incorrectly! Not sure what email should I reply to? Does anyone have any idea?

- Should we pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee right away and send them all requested documents (with the exception of the police clearance certificate as that will take a few weeks I think).

- Also, my parents 2 years are up in October for her super visa stay (she is with me here in Canada). Should we need to apply for an extension from within Canada or should she have to leave for Canada and come back to get a new 2 year extension?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks All

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was about to do the same as you did and Lo and Behold this morning I got 2 messages in the GCkey account......one asking for her medicals and one asking for the fee and police clearance certificate. So happy with this development! Thank you to all for your supportive messages sent to me via inbox.

I do have a couple of questions and hoping someone can answer them:

- We got an appointment for medicals for today..hopefully that is out of the way quickly. Our PC is needed from India and since my parent is here in canada we will go to the BLS centre and apply for it there. How long does it take to get the PC? And how long from here on to get final Passport request from Ottawa office?

- I noticed in the letter that they say the following: ""Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title."" I haven't received any email from them so far! and in the pdf we saw my email address is spelled out incorrectly! Not sure what email should I reply to? Does anyone have any idea?

- Should we pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee right away and send them all requested documents (with the exception of the police clearance certificate as that will take a few weeks I think).

- Also, my parents 2 years are up in October for her super visa stay (she is with me here in Canada). Should we need to apply for an extension from within Canada or should she have to leave for Canada and come back to get a new 2 year extension?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks All
Can you please share your timeline?

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings!

Does anyone know if asking my member of Parliament for a letter of support could speed-up CIC processing?
It depends.
If your file is within the processing time period, MP can not do anything.
But if your file is out-of the processing time period, MP's office can pressure them for a reson why it's taking so long.
So if your file is submitted in 2014 or before, MP can pressure them.

MichaelPhelps

Jul 7, 2017
It depends.
If your file is within the processing time period, MP can not do anything.
But if your file is out-of the processing time period, MP's office can pressure them for a reson why it's taking so long.
So if your file is submitted in 2014 or before, MP can pressure them.
Thank you!

We filed our application in 2014.

crazystar

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Anyone here from PGP 2014 and second stage (PR process) being done in London, Uk?

My mother did medical, landing fees and Police clearance in mid April 2017. Since then nothing.

nav2016

Apr 29, 2016
My parents application is getting processed at CIC-Ottawa while they reside in India. Application had reached Mississauga on 14 Jan 2014 and they finally started processing on 12 July 2016. Asked for Medicals on 15 Aug 2016. That was done in Toronto area as they were visiting us in Canada at that time. Since then it has been a wait. They asked for further tests as the X-Ray tech found something in my Dads x-ray. These further tests were done in India and sent back in 1st week of Jan 2017.
Finally got email to pay the Right of Permanent Residency landing fee in 1st week of April 2017. Paid that promptly and got confirmation that it was received. I thought if RPRF is asked, then it is all a done deal and passport should soon be asked. But none, when I sent an email inquiry in June, they said we are processing, we will let you know if we need anything else.
As it will now soon be 1 year since the first medical test was done, not sure if they will ask to do that and PCC all over again. Meanwhile as Mom's passport was going to expire in Feb 2018 and they require passports to be valid atleast 6 months when stamping that 1 time entry visa, I just got it renewed.

Do I need to email them and ask how to send them a scan of the updated passport ?

The online status in myCIC website has not updated anything beyond the statement that they had asked to do Medicals in Aug 2016.

For the life of me I cannot link there application in the GCKeys website. Have tried numerous combinations and it fails to lookup the app. Was told by a friend who submitted at the same time as me and his parents already arrived here in Jan 2017, that GCKeys website gives additional details.
Waiting to contact our MP as in estimated processing they still say processing applications received till Jan 2014. I don't understand then how people who filed in Jan 2015 and 2016 have already got their PR processing done.

I don't see an option to search this thread, can anyone let me know the pointers on how to link the application to GCKey.

I changed the number of applicants from 2 to include everyone in my family. I added a space at the end of my Dad's birth city. I also tried to give his passport details instead of birth city and country and none of these work. There is no way to contact CIC and raise a technical issue. Very frustrating.

mapleleaf776

Feb 13, 2017
Does any one know why it is taking so long .. after receiving sponsorship approval in Feb this year, nothing yet. Not sure what is going on. Status is "Application Received" and not changing.