Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
When you have an expired Quebec health card and go to renew your card with a new address
will a solemn affirmation letter by a new landlord be enough proof of being a resident of Quebec?
I don't need proof from my old address correct?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlo said:
When you have an expired Quebec health card and go to renew your card with a new address
will a solemn affirmation letter by a new landlord be enough proof of being a resident of Quebec?
I don't need proof from my old address correct?
If you have a latest statement of your bank account received in your mail box, that is acceptable as proof of your current address.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please see here for documents that are considered acceptable proof of residence in PQ for RAMQ renewal:

"Acceptable Proof of Residence

Provide the Régie with one of the following documents:

* photocopies of all pages of your residential lease;
* photocopies of all pages of your deed of purchase of residential property;
* an employer's attestation confirming that you hold employment in Québec for longer than six months (the attestation must have been issued not more than 45 days prior to the date the Régie receives your application for registration);
* an attestation of enrolment in a study program offered at a Québec educational institution;
* a solemn affirmation (see form) by the landlord of the dwelling in which you live, or by the tenant who signed the lease, attesting that you live at the address you have provided;
* a copy of a bill or of an account statement from a telephone, electricity or cable company showing your name and address, or a copy of a school or municipal tax bill showing the same information, together with your solemn affirmation that you live at the address indicated on the document."

http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citoyens/assurancemaladie/arriver/preuves_residence.shtml

If your card is more than 6 months expired, you'll also need to pay a $15 renewal fee in addition to a fee for the photo.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I do have bank statements with my current address, but does the statement have to be recent or could it be from months before?

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Can it be a recent visa statement sent to my address?

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
* a copy of a bill or of an account statement from a telephone, electricity or cable company showing your name and address, or a copy of a school or municipal tax bill showing the same information, together with your solemn affirmation that you live at the address indicated on the document."
Can the phone bill be a cell phone bill or does it have to be a land line?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carlo said:
Can the phone bill be a cell phone bill or does it have to be a land line?
Not a prepay phone, one registered to your address.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
If I rent an apartment in April for example will a solemn declaration from a new landlord or owner be enough to renew my health card? or do I need a letter from my past residence?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You just asked the same question as your original post, you already have the answer.

ariell said:
Please see here for documents that are considered acceptable proof of residence in PQ for RAMQ renewal:

"Acceptable Proof of Residence

Provide the Régie with one of the following documents:

* photocopies of all pages of your residential lease;
* photocopies of all pages of your deed of purchase of residential property;
* an employer's attestation confirming that you hold employment in Québec for longer than six months (the attestation must have been issued not more than 45 days prior to the date the Régie receives your application for registration);
* an attestation of enrolment in a study program offered at a Québec educational institution;
* a solemn affirmation (see form) by the landlord of the dwelling in which you live, or by the tenant who signed the lease, attesting that you live at the address you have provided;

http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citoyens/assurancemaladie/arriver/preuves_residence.shtml

If your card is more than 6 months expired, you'll also need to pay a $15 renewal fee in addition to a fee for the photo.