+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will the India-UAE travel ban end (they didn't give a date)? When will Canada's 30 day ban extension be announced (if it happens)?

canuckkiwi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
Air canada has cancelled flights till june 22 so i guess travel will start from august only. As canada is trying to delay the arrivals of international students mostly from india.
Flights cancelled until June 22. So, why are you saying travel will start from august?

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Flights cancelled until June 22. So, why are you saying travel will start from august?
As canada tends to give incremental update about borders so i said that borders will be closed till august. Still its my assumption, if you want to believe thats fine and if not then its also fine.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
As canada tends to give incremental update about borders so i said that borders will be closed till august. Still its my assumption, if you want to believe thats fine and if not then its also fine.
Technically the borders were never closed and are still open. This is an Air Canada only thing and despite that only direct flights are barred. If the UAE opens to Indians within the next few weeks then that's the best indirect option available.

But seeing as Indians think covid is a joke and can't even wear masks or stay at home...I've lost hope.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Technically the borders were never closed and are still open. This is an Air Canada only thing and despite that only direct flights are barred. If the UAE opens to Indians within the next few weeks then that's the best indirect option available.

But seeing as Indians think covid is a joke and can't even wear masks or stay at home...I've lost hope.
Actually you are right, the borders were never closed. Only the direct route are closed so we have to wait till UAE open up and when they will open our problem will be solved.
As of now air india haven't rescheduled my flight so till then lets wait and watch. Also do not loose hope we have to conquer this battle and win it no matter the cost. I know the situation is frustrating as myself has rescheduled my flight 3 times. From 1st april to 11th may and then 19 june but i haven't lost my hope because i know i have to win this fight and reach to canada before my 3rd sem begins.

Reactions: marksthrow

SDSApplicant

Feb 1, 2021
Actually you are right, the borders were never closed. Only the direct route are closed so we have to wait till UAE open up and when they will open our problem will be solved.
As of now air india haven't rescheduled my flight so till then lets wait and watch. Also do not loose hope we have to conquer this battle and win it no matter the cost. I know the situation is frustrating as myself has rescheduled my flight 3 times. From 1st april to 11th may and then 19 june but i haven't lost my hope because i know i have to win this fight and reach to canada before my 3rd sem begins.
Is the whole journey via air India? also, how did you book your flight (travel agent or online) since I don't see any flights on Air India website.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Is the whole journey via air India? also, how did you book your flight (travel agent or online) since I don't see any flights on Air India website.
From delhi to Vancouver its air india and then air canada from Vancouver to calgary. I booked the tickets from flipkart originally but for rescheduling my flight i had to call air india office so they helped me in rescheduling.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Hopefully things get better, there and around the world.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Thanks for the motivation. It's so sad that if my original flight was literally 1 week earlier I would be in Canada right now.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

I feel like even if Canada extends the ban, they'll keep the same "a test in a third country" rule. So in that case if the UAE opens then we are good to go as Etihad has confirmed multiple times on their public twitter posts that Indians can also get transit area PCR tests (no visa needed) in a couple hours.

Please UAE open soon. :eek:

Reactions: Anxiousforvisa

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Thanks for the motivation. It's so sad that if my original flight was literally 1 week earlier I would be in Canada right now.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

I feel like even if Canada extends the ban, they'll keep the same "a test in a third country" rule. So in that case if the UAE opens then we are good to go as Etihad has confirmed multiple times on their public twitter posts that Indians can also get transit area PCR tests (no visa needed) in a couple hours.

Please UAE open soon. :eek:
Hi,

So UAE transit PCR tests are allowed in which city? Dubai? Sorry I cant find this information online.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So can we take etihad flights if UAE lift the ban?
Yes - you should be able to do that unless some sort of other restriction comes into play.