+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will the India-UAE travel ban end (they didn't give a date)? When will Canada's 30 day ban extension be announced (if it happens)?

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
The 30 day ban on India and Pakistan is supposed to end on May 21, but if it does get extended (which is likely) when can we expect to hear this announcement?

Any idea of when the UAE ban will end, considering 38% of UAE's population is Indian...their economy is dependent on this ban ending, but no date was given after the extension. Furthermore they also banned other nearby countries today.

Thanks for any input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The 30 day ban on India and Pakistan is supposed to end on May 21, but if it does get extended (which is likely) when can we expect to hear this announcement?

Any idea of when the UAE ban will end, considering 38% of UAE's population is Indian...their economy is dependent on this ban ending, but no date was given after the extension. Furthermore they also banned other nearby countries today.

Thanks for any input.
Based on announcements related to other travel restrictions, if the ban is extended by Canada, this will likely be announced a day before it's due to end.

• Wow
Reactions: marksthrow

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Based on announcements related to other travel restrictions, if the ban is extended by Canada, this will likely be announced a day before it's due to end.
Sigh. I'm expecting the same thing. Gives us no time to make decisions.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Sigh. I'm expecting the same thing. Gives us no time to make decisions.
If you haven't booked the tickets as of now then go with qatar airways they have layover in doha so you can stay there for 10 days (i don't know actual status) and fly to Toronto or whatever is your final destination. Doha has not restricted flights from india as far as i know still confirm with them.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
If you haven't booked the tickets as of now then go with qatar airways they have layover in doha so you can stay there for 10 days (i don't know actual status) and fly to Toronto or whatever is your final destination. Doha has not restricted flights from india as far as i know still confirm with them.
I rather not travel if I will have to stay more than 12 hours at a layover connection.

I'm aware of Qatar being a solid choice, however, if the ban is extended then I'll need to get a pcr test from Doha as well (since they'll extend the third country test requirement as well) also a short stay visa to leave the transit area and possibly have to quarantine in qatar.

I'm thinking of just booking an Air Canada direct flight and if they extend the ban then I'll postpone it. I don't think the UAE will be easing the restrictions anytime soon. My original booking was with Etihad (delhi - abu dhabi 4 hours conection to Toronto) on May 2 which has been refunded.

curious to know when you are starting your studies?
My classes start remotely on May 17 (Summer 2021 intake -- everything approved, have all docs and everything done). However, I had booked my hotel quarantine and 11-day remaining reservation over a month ago (prior to this 2nd wave) when things looked good and since those are non refundable I can only delay them. I want to travel so I could put them to use and also be in Canada in time for my CO-OP (next semester) which requires me to be present physically.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I rather not travel if I will have to stay more than 12 hours at a layover connection.

I'm aware of Qatar being a solid choice, however, if the ban is extended then I'll need to get a pcr test from Doha as well (since they'll extend the third country test requirement as well) also a short stay visa to leave the transit area and possibly have to quarantine in qatar.

I'm thinking of just booking an Air Canada direct flight and if they extend the ban then I'll postpone it. I don't think the UAE will be easing the restrictions anytime soon. My original booking was with Etihad (delhi - abu dhabi 4 hours conection to Toronto) on May 2 which has been refunded.

My classes start remotely on May 17 (Summer 2021 intake -- everything approved, have all docs and everything done). However, I had booked my hotel quarantine and 11-day remaining reservation over a month ago (prior to this 2nd wave) when things looked good and since those are non refundable I can only delay them. I want to travel so I could put them to use and also be in Canada in time for my CO-OP (next semester) which requires me to be present physically.
Oh ok then cool but try to get more info from qatar airways . My flight is on 19 th june from ahmedabad-delhi-vancouver-calgary (air india + air canada). I cannot ask for refund as when air india will return my money i don't know? so waiting otherwise i would've travelled by qatar airways.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Oh ok then cool but try to get more info from qatar airways . My flight is on 19 th june from ahmedabad-delhi-vancouver-calgary (air india + air canada). I cannot ask for refund as when air india will return my money i don't know? so waiting otherwise i would've travelled by qatar airways.
Contact Air India if they can issue refund. with cases surging, most likely this ban will be extended past June 19th.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Booked on aircanada.com for a May 24 economy ticket.
They canceled my flight like 30 minutes afterwards...no valid reason and no answer.

What the fk is happening in my life...

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Did you try to book direct flight or via third country?
Direct flight. Got confirmation email and everything, but then bam...canceled. Now I can't find a single Air Canada flight in May...suddenly they all disappeared within the last hour. Something fishy is going on.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Direct flight. Got confirmation email and everything, but then bam...canceled. Now I can't find a single Air Canada flight in May...suddenly they all disappeared within the last hour. Something fishy is going on.
If i understood you, you booked 2 days after current ban expired but they cancel your booking. Look like direct flight suspension will be extended after May 22

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
If i understood you, you booked 2 days after current ban expired but they cancel your booking. Look like direct flight suspension will be extended after May 22
This is what I am thinking too.
The airlines might have been told about the ban extension before the media. We can expect news soon.

Still it happened within 30 minutes. I went from happy to sad...once again... :mad:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
This is what I am thinking too.
The airlines might have been told about the ban extension before the media. We can expect news soon.

Still it happened within 30 minutes. I went from happy to sad...once again... :mad:
I dont see Canada lift up suspension any soon, most likely students will defer studies this fall. Even when it lifting, they will come up with some conditions, not just lift it like business as usual.
I feel sorry for situation in India, loss of lives and pressure on the health system. Today, WHO has designated B.1 617 as variant of global concern and there is call for National lockdown.

Reactions: YVR123

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I dont see Canada lift up suspension any soon, most likely students will defer studies this fall. Even when it lifting, they will come up with some conditions, not just lift it like business as usual.
I feel sorry for situation in India, loss of lives and pressure on the health system. Today, WHO has designated B.1 617 as variant of global concern and there is call for National lockdown.
Why defer and waste time? Last May, people said the same thing. Defer to Fall, defer to next summer. These people wasted a whole year. You never know what is going to happen in the future and when Canada will open up. Should start your studies now. Expect the worst, hope for the best. Ultimately, you lifespan doesn't have a deferral date