+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When will the India-UAE travel ban end (they didn't give a date)? When will Canada's 30 day ban extension be announced (if it happens)?

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I agree with tapperb.

I have no plans of deferring an online-only semester...I've already wasted a lot of time and us humans don't live too long in the grand scheme of things anyway.

As for the ban...I think Air Canada knows something that no one else does right now and it's why they've canceled all May flights in the last 2 hours (check their twitter).

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Why defer and waste time? Last May, people said the same thing. Defer to Fall, defer to next summer. These people wasted a whole year. You never know what is going to happen in the future and when Canada will open up. Should start your studies now. Expect the worst, hope for the best. Ultimately, you lifespan doesn't have a deferral date
I guess you are suggesting they shouldnt waste more time incase suspension is extended past course registration date for fall and they should continue or register for online studies. Provided they have approved study permit i also support taking online class and reduce workload hope things go back to normal...

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I agree with tapperb.

I have no plans of deferring an online-only semester...I've already wasted a lot of time and us humans don't live too long in the grand scheme of things anyway.

As for the ban...I think Air Canada knows something that no one else does right now and it's why they've canceled all May flights in the last 2 hours (check their twitter).
I never intend to suggest deferring online studies provided you have your permit, that is the right thing to do. Today’s designation makes situation complicate

Reactions: marksthrow

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I never intend to suggest deferring online studies provided you have your permit, that is the right thing to do. Today’s designation makes situation complicate
The designation you are referring to is not an official mandate as of now. It's in the news, but the Indian variant has been a "variant of concern" for months now. There is no global level as the media is saying...the only level is the global level.

For some positive news...India's daily cases reported are down almost 100,000 today from 2 days ago. We might have peaked.

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Contact Air India if they can issue refund. with cases surging, most likely this ban will be extended past June 19th.
I would've done that but they will not refund the money easily so one has to wait and reschedule it again and again.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Did you booked directly through Air Canada? I booked through flipkart and those idiots have no idea what is going on. They ask me to reach airline.
Yes I booked directly on Air Canada (although I found the link through skyscanner, it took me to aircanada.com where I used my login etc.)

Sorry to hear that...I would go to Air Canada's twitter account as they are better at replying there. Send them a DM. This is why I try to avoid third parties and book directly because of convenience.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
So Air Canada's twitter told me this: "The flights at the end of the month of May and the beginning of June have been cancelled for operational reasons linked to COVID 19."

I've asked them what "beginning of June" means and am waiting for clarification. Does it mean only the 1st day or 1st week? etc.

Anyone else who's flight got canceled?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So Air Canada's twitter told me this: "The flights at the end of the month of May and the beginning of June have been cancelled for operational reasons linked to COVID 19."

I've asked them what "beginning of June" means and am waiting for clarification. Does it mean only the 1st day or 1st week? etc.

Anyone else who's flight got canceled?
You just have to watch the news to know that the covid situation isn't ending soon in India. Air Canada also has to protect their staff who likely don't want to travel to India for both flights and their layover time for a few days. I expect other countries will likely be added to the banned list.

marksthrow

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
You just have to watch the news to know that the covid situation isn't ending soon in India. Air Canada also has to protect their staff who likely don't want to travel to India for both flights and their layover time for a few days. I expect other countries will likely be added to the banned list.
You love replying to every post on this forum despite not researching the facts.

Reactions: A93 and canuckkiwi

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
But cases are decreasing and i think india reached its peak so there is a chance that flights will reopen. Also it may be possible that more restrictions will be set in canada like 14 days mandatory hotel quarantine. Plus vaccination rate is good in india if you compare the population.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
But cases are decreasing and i think india reached its peak so there is a chance that flights will reopen. Also it may be possible that more restrictions will be set in canada like 14 days mandatory hotel quarantine. Plus vaccination rate is good in india if you compare the population.
While this is not directly related to flight suspension but On a contrary, Prime Minister Trudeau today urgued Provinces to continue have strict public health measures like one in Ontario to drive cases to a way down. He echoed Dr. Tams suggestions to lift restrictions when 75% of population received first shot, and 20% second shot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-one-dose-summer-1.6022120

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
While this is not directly related to flight suspension but On a contrary, Prime Minister Trudeau today urgued Provinces to continue have strict public health measures like one in Ontario to drive cases to a way down. He echoed Dr. Tams suggestions to lift restrictions when 75% of population received first shot, and 20% second shot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-one-dose-summer-1.6022120
40% people have already received 1st vaccine shot,there is a good chance that they will pass 75% mark by July/August