-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Hello everyone,

We are just about to book flight tickets. We are going to Sasketchwan.
Our concern is to reach there before the winter.
So when should we go there?

Any inputs regarding weather will be valuable to us.
Thanks a bunch!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
ektaahm said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks a bunch!
what is your concern with the weather as Canada is well prepared for whatever the winter weather is

jawady3

Jul 23, 2016
Re:moving to ontario

hello everybody
i am living in montreal since 2012 with my family and i wanna move to live in ontario next summer i need some informations to help me for the first steps thanh you.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ektaahm said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks a bunch!
I would suggest just to be here before winter time, at least you have time to prepare yourself to buy winter stuff and get used to with the cold weather here in Canada.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Re:moving to ontario

jawady3 said:
hello everybody
i am living in montreal since 2012 with my family and i wanna move to live in ontario next summer i need some informations to help me for the first steps thanh you.
Ever tried Google?? Lots of info on your fingertips..

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Meya06 said:
I would suggest just to be here before winter time, at least you have time to prepare yourself to buy winter stuff and get used to with the cold weather here in Canada.
Thank you.
Can u tell me from which month around the winter starts?

Shall we be there in September or till mid October it is okay?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The winter usually start by first week of November, you can come around mid October, shoud be fine, :)

Welcome to Canada.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
Meya06 said:
The winter usually start by first week of November, you can come around mid October, shoud be fine, :)

Welcome to Canada.
Thank u so much. :D

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
ektaahm said:
Thank you.
Can u tell me from which month around the winter starts?

Shall we be there in September or till mid October it is okay?
Sept is a lovely time, you avoid the 40C+ temps possible in August.
And the mosquitoes.

It really depends though. Last winter was unbelievably warm, the one before one of the worst on record. But it's unlikely to get bad before November.

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
jc94 said:
Sept is a lovely time, you avoid the 40C+ temps possible in August.
And the mosquitoes.

It really depends though. Last winter was unbelievably warm, the one before one of the worst on record. But it's unlikely to get bad before November.
Thank u. Will mostly plan for end of September. :D
We are waiting for the passports.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
ektaahm said:
Thank u. Will mostly plan for end of September. :D
We are waiting for the passports.
Good luck and enjoy! I assume you're going to be in Saskatoon or Regina; both are still fairly small and well spread out compared to the major cities and you'll find most people are very friendly.

I assume based on waiting on a visa you are unlikely to be able to get a direct flight into YQR or YXE and you'll be flying into a major port Toronto/Vancouver/Calgary/Ottawa (etc...) first?
Make sure you give yourself a while on the connecting flight, PR landings will be done at the first PoE into Canada and can take 1-2h quite easily. Also, make sure you don't land (first) in Quebec!

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
jc94 said:
Good luck and enjoy! I assume you're going to be in Saskatoon or Regina; both are still fairly small and well spread out compared to the major cities and you'll find most people are very friendly.

I assume based on waiting on a visa you are unlikely to be able to get a direct flight into YQR or YXE and you'll be flying into a major port Toronto/Vancouver/Calgary/Ottawa (etc...) first?
Make sure you give yourself a while on the connecting flight, PR landings will be done at the first PoE into Canada and can take 1-2h quite easily. Also, make sure you don't land (first) in Quebec!
Thank u very much jc94 for ur inputs.
Yes u r absolutely right. We are planning to go to Saskatoon and We would not get any direct flights! We will do our landing formalities at Toronto.
How much minimum gap we should have from toronto to saskatoon?
3-4 hrs would be enough I think!
And apart from all the landing formalities.....where do we fill our PR card forms ans SIN card forms? At Toronto or at saskatoon?

Again thanks :)

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
ektaahm said:
Thank u very much jc94 for ur inputs.
Yes u r absolutely right. We are planning to go to Saskatoon and We would not get any direct flights! We will do our landing formalities at Toronto.
How much minimum gap we should have from toronto to saskatoon?
3-4 hrs would be enough I think!
And apart from all the landing formalities.....where do we fill our PR card forms ans SIN card forms? At Toronto or at saskatoon?

Again thanks :)
3-4h should be plenty. To be honest, worst case you should just be put on a later plane with no or a small change cost. Obviously this depends upon how many flights there are and if you have to fly a non-major airline in to avoid the obscene one way costs lots (BA/AC etc.. charge).

I'd aim to get into Toronto by noon I'd say, AC does 14:45, 17:05 and 22:25 currently into Saskatoon in October. If cost isn't an issue book the 17:05 in business class and they'll put you on free standby for the 14:45 if you make it through faster, normally. Subject to loads.

Note that you will also need to collect your luggage at Toronto and clear customs as well. You'll likely find your luggage is sitting somewhere around the side of the room once you get through immigration unless you make it through extremely fast. Once you have the luggage proceed to connections for them to re-check your luggage onto Saskatoon. Even if the first airport lists YXE as your last destination you MUST collect it, clear customs, and re-check it at Pearson. If for any reason any of your luggage does not appear do NOT leave the baggage area before speaking to a airline rep and filling in the forms as customs will need that and you'll need to arrange for delivery once they find it. Toronto Pearson airport is recently having baggage issues, there were 15-20 people in the queue last weekend.

PR card forms are done by the landing agent, you just need your COPR, passports, and PoF/PoE (both if you have a job and if relevant). PoF is the most critical one, most people I know who've gone through recently were asked for them.

SIN cards can be gotten at Toronto airport I've heard, where wasn't obvious to me though I landed at T3 (not T1, the more major one) and I really don't think you'll want to do that in Toronto anyway. Not even sure if you can when your landing location is a different province as I believe SIN numbers vary in format (ON ones start with a 5, I assume SK ones don't?).
I'd wait until you get into Saskatoon, you'll likely find short lines there, but generally speaking check the offices online and they list their quiet hours - normally right as they open is best.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info, and post an update when you land :) I'll be in the Toronto airport October 1st and 8th :D

ektaahm

Jul 8, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03rd Nov 15
Nomination.....
03rd Dec 15
AOR Received.
21st Jan 16
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
Med's Request
Submitted with file
Med's Done....
23rd Jan 16
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
20th July 16
VISA ISSUED...
02nd Aug 16
LANDED..........
End of September
jc94 said:
3-4h should be plenty. To be honest, worst case you should just be put on a later plane with no or a small change cost. Obviously this depends upon how many flights there are and if you have to fly a non-major airline in to avoid the obscene one way costs lots (BA/AC etc.. charge).

I'd aim to get into Toronto by noon I'd say, AC does 14:45, 17:05 and 22:25 currently into Saskatoon in October. If cost isn't an issue book the 17:05 in business class and they'll put you on free standby for the 14:45 if you make it through faster, normally. Subject to loads.

Note that you will also need to collect your luggage at Toronto and clear customs as well. You'll likely find your luggage is sitting somewhere around the side of the room once you get through immigration unless you make it through extremely fast. Once you have the luggage proceed to connections for them to re-check your luggage onto Saskatoon. Even if the first airport lists YXE as your last destination you MUST collect it, clear customs, and re-check it at Pearson. If for any reason any of your luggage does not appear do NOT leave the baggage area before speaking to a airline rep and filling in the forms as customs will need that and you'll need to arrange for delivery once they find it. Toronto Pearson airport is recently having baggage issues, there were 15-20 people in the queue last weekend.

PR card forms are done by the landing agent, you just need your COPR, passports, and PoF/PoE (both if you have a job and if relevant). PoF is the most critical one, most people I know who've gone through recently were asked for them.

SIN cards can be gotten at Toronto airport I've heard, where wasn't obvious to me though I landed at T3 (not T1, the more major one) and I really don't think you'll want to do that in Toronto anyway. Not even sure if you can when your landing location is a different province as I believe SIN numbers vary in format (ON ones start with a 5, I assume SK ones don't?).
I'd wait until you get into Saskatoon, you'll likely find short lines there, but generally speaking check the offices online and they list their quiet hours - normally right as they open is best.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info, and post an update when you land :) I'll be in the Toronto airport October 1st and 8th :D
Thank you for the detailed explanation. It really helps.
+1 for ur great info.