+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to land for Winter Semester

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My sister received her student visa for winter semester and she got full funding. Is it okay if she comes to Canada early December? Can the officer reject her entry if it is not right before start of Jan semester? When is the earliest that she can land that is safe? Her prof / supervisor was hoping that she can come as early as Dec 1st. I appreciate any guidance.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
As long as she can proove she can support herself she can go, there are people already in Canada for winter semester.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
My sister received her student visa for winter semester and she got full funding. Is it okay if she comes to Canada early December? Can the officer reject her entry if it is not right before start of Jan semester? When is the earliest that she can land that is safe? Her prof / supervisor was hoping that she can come as early as Dec 1st. I appreciate any guidance.
Why is her prof wanting her to arrive so early? Note that she is not allowed to work until her studies begin in January, which includes any research work that she would normally be paid for once her studies commence.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why is her prof wanting her to arrive so early? Note that she is not allowed to work until her studies begin in January, which includes any research work that she would normally be paid for once her studies commence.
To get to know her research team and school better. Plus the prof is moving to china for a few months by mid-late Dec and she wants to get to know my sister before she is leaving.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So thinking of getting the ticket today. You guys think Dec 10th is going to be okay. She will bring around $5k with herself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So thinking of getting the ticket today. You guys think Dec 10th is going to be okay. She will bring around $5k with herself.
Yes, arriving mid-December is perfectly normal. People need to set up life and accommodations before school starts.

WinterSonata

Oct 22, 2018
Hi,
Hi. I would like to know if your sister applied even if the winter sem doesn't have class schedules yet? Did she applied in advance? Thanks.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I would like to know if your sister applied even if the winter sem doesn't have class schedules yet? Did she applied in advance? Thanks.
She applied way in advance and got accepted and got funding by May - June from University. Then she applied for her visa and she just got it.

willdez79

Jan 12, 2017
She applied way in advance and got accepted and got funding by May - June from University. Then she applied for her visa and she just got it.
how long did they take to process the application? was it more than a month? for her student visa.