+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should we start application for Police clearance

timtoms

Apr 22, 2015
Hi All,

Please help.

I completed IELTS, Applied for WES...waiting for results on ECA...
When should we start Police clearance application? I have India and US to do....how much time will it take?
Is it better to start it after getting WES ECA?

Thanks
Tim

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know nothing about India, but start the US now. The FBI is currently taking about 3 months, BUT - don't panic if you get an ITA, as CIC will accept proof that you have sent for it. Be sure to keep a receipt of some kind!

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
timtoms said:
Hi All,

Please help.

When should we start Police clearance application? I have India and US to do....how much time will it take?

Thanks
Tim
1.The validity of the police clearance certificate is 3 months so you have to check the issuing authority how long should it take to get one.
2.CIC accept the prove that you applied for it in case that you couldn't obtain it within the 60 days allowed between receiving ITA and submitting your full application .
3. If you r financially able to apply for it before getting ITA as it is has no guaranteed time , go for it and in case that it expired before getting your ITA get a new one with a new fees .

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
timtoms said:
Hi All,

Please help.

Thanks
Tim
Yes.. as dobes and many others have pointed out you may need to start the PCC for US now itself.. FBI take around 3-4 months to provide PCC..

As for Indian PCC, Wait !! Get your IELTS score, create the profile and see how much points you get.. Indian PCC you would get comparatively faster.. There are people who have got it in couple of hours and others who have got it in max 3 weeks time. So Indian PCC you can apply even after ITA; No worries.

If you are positive that you will have ITA in the next one month or so then you may go ahead and apply for Indian PCC now itself. When applying for Indian PCC apply through PSK (Passport Seva Kendra - http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp ) since the process will be faster..

timtoms

Apr 22, 2015
Hi All,

Thank you so much....

Is it mandatory that we should do police clearance from our local PSK (My case is kerala, my address in passport is kerala address).
But I am staying in Bangalore, can I do it in Bangalore PSK?

Thanks
Tim