+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I cancel my OINP application?

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
I have submitted my PR application under the OINP Masters Graduate stream. I submitted it 15 days ago. I haven't received AoR for this application.

Just last week, I got ITA for Express Entry and since it is a quicker path, today I submitted my application under Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class as well. I have received AoR for this application.

So should I go ahead and cancel my OINP application or should I wait for some more time so that my Express Entry application gets reviewed for completion and then cancel my OINP application?

Ideally, I would want to cancel OINP as soon as I can so that I can get a full refund and I believe that happens if I cancel before AoR. At the same time, I want to make sure my application for Express Entry is complete.

Kindly suggest what to do

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Decisions decisions........ If you want a full refund then cancelling now assures that. If you don't mind losing the OINP to make sure the express entry application is processed then let it be. Right now, you already have proof that the express entry application will move faster given that you already got AOR while the OINP is still pending. So ask yourself if you trust the quality of your express entry application to risk losing the OINP fees. No one can answer that for you.

Reactions: novemberrain

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Decisions decisions........ If you want a full refund then cancelling now assures that. If you don't mind losing the OINP to make sure the express entry application is processed then let it be. Right now, you already have proof that the express entry application will move faster given that you already got AOR while the OINP is still pending. So ask yourself if you trust the quality of your express entry application to risk losing the OINP fees. No one can answer that for you.
Agree! If your CEC application is straightforward and simple, and you're sure you're gonna be approved then yes. Other than that, hmmm, anything can happen. Consider OINP is your safety net. I'd rather lose some money for peace of mind.