+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when must do the test for IELTS

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all
I applied for Skills worker NOC 4131 on May 2009 at sydney. I am from middle east, I didn't receive anything yet from sydney or any immigration office, I know it will be expire if we do the test early,
but when I should do my exam for IELTS?
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your test will not expire if you apply less than a year after taking it so you really should have taken it before you applied so that you would know exactly how many points you would get.

You should prepare for the test now and take it as soon as possible. That way, if you don't get as many points as you need, you will hopefully have enough time to study harder and take it again.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
yep; I agree with Leon. IELTS is one where you can take chance and give it a shot before hand, as it has 1 year validity in CIC terms.

However, of you are fairly comfortable, and that you donot need the max points (and would suffice with moderate proficiency) to reach 67 min requirement, and as well you are constrained with money 7,200 bucks, then you can better study and be ready to take the exam.
Once you get your AOR from CIC, pick the next immediate available slot (generally you would get it in next months' time); and by the time you secure all the required documentation you would be ready to take the IELTS as well.... my personal opinion though!

all the best.

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your notes,
I have other question, as you all know, IELTS exam have to categories one General and one Academic.
my sis applied for PR skills workers. she did her exam for academic and sent it with other her doc. to Local visa office, (she had high mark too in her academic exam.) but I heard exam has to be just with General categorie. Is that true????
Please let me know I am so worry.
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They ask you to take the General Training option. Some people have used Academic and it has been accepted but really, if they ask for General Training, that is what you should take.

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well I am hopping her results will be accept ( my sis ) she got very high mark on academic also.
so far she didn't recive anything from local office.
but what will be happen next if they don't accept that?
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe they will accept your sis' Academic or maybe they will just give her however many points they feel like. By taking Academic instead of General Training, she has given them that power.

It's not enough to speak good English. You also have to read the instructions and follow them when you apply.

strong

Aug 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks anyway
I am hopping for her everything will be ok. but the worse cenerio might be that she has to take another exam for general IELTS and submit it, If visa office ask for. but her application will be take more more time to get final approval.
Am I right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They already ask you to take IELTS General Training option in the application guide. If you don't follow their instructions and take something else, they are not obligated to give you a 2nd chance to deliver the correct exam results.

Worst case, she gets a picky IO who decides to give her only enough English points to make her total at 66 and then her application would be refused for lack of points. However, she would be able to apply again with a new IELTS.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
Is it possible to submit the initial application without IELTS results? i only need around 6 pts from language which i am comfortable in getting it but the ielts exam and results will delay my application for atleast 1 more month.

any suggestion?

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Yes indeed, u do not need to submit the initial application with the ILETS results. U only need to submit in the Local office application and then show them yr ILETS for points accumulation.