Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Hamid khan said:
Any one knows the date and time when would be first draw ?

Pls tell me

I believe everybody has the same question in mind and still waiting for the official update and latest publications either on the CIC site or gazette

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biz said:
I believe everybody has the same question in mind and still waiting for the official update and latest publications either on the CIC site or gazette
CIC really needs to work harder and announce it on time so it won't make us go nuts :-X

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think about this question people: if CIC can make a beautiful and timely draw, what are they waiting for? Sounds to me the candidate pool is far under-filled to CIC's expectation.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
AndreasChen said:
Think about this question people: if CIC can make a beautiful and timely draw, what are they waiting for? Sounds to me the candidate pool is far under-filled to CIC's expectation.
I agree - that's why I asked everybody I known to create a profile even if they are already on FSW.

They didn't promised to have a draw this week. They said the first draw should be this week.

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Right, I guess they didn't really promised.

"CIC Plans on Making First Express Entry Draw in January 2015" (according to cicnews.com & canadavisa.com but can't find this statement on cic.gc.ca)

I think they are just "planning" but really not a deadline for them. I hope CIC can patch things out and make it according to their plans. Let's just all hope for the best.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Here is the official info: "The first draw for an invitation to apply is planned for the last week of January 2015."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

A plan can always change...

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
"planned" or "scheduled" on the last week of January.

They might be targeting (internally) for a certain day (eg. Jan 26) but probably they are just giving themselves ample days to fix any issues that's why they kept it safe.

Like Australia, draws are normally either Monday or Friday. I have a strong feeling Canada will make it this Friday. Announcement will come very soon. Fingers crossed.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
keen2 said:
"planned" or "scheduled" on the last week of January.

They might be targeting (internally) for a certain day (eg. Jan 26) but probably they are just giving themselves ample days to fix any issues that's why they kept it safe.

Like Australia, draws are normally either Monday or Friday. I have a strong feeling Canada will make it this Friday. Announcement will come very soon. Fingers crossed.
Could you tell more about Australia's EOI? How often do they do draws?

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx

Click Invitation Rounds tab. You can also view the history. Exactly either Mon or Fri. Every 2wks each month.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
keen2 said:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx

Click Invitation Rounds tab. You can also view the history. Exactly either Mon or Fri. Every 2wks each month.
Thanks a lot! +1

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Just reading a few numbers from EOI - the inspiration for EE:

- They will accept 20.000 immigrants; Their draw is every 2-3 weeks; Each draw calls from 800 - 1200 people on average;
- CIC, with the three programs (CEC + FST + FSW) should call about 50.000 immigrants;
- So draws should be of around 2.000 people; Maybe the first ones will be smaller;