+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When does CIC send Medical Check & Biometrics instructions?

phoenixoreole

Nov 5, 2018
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
Hi Friends,

I have received my ITA in the latest draw on 23rd Jan. How long does CIC take to send the Medical and Biometrics instructions? I am applying with family hence cannot do an upfront medical check.

Should I mail and find out or will they respond within a predefined timeline? Pls let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
Phoenix

shege45

Nov 29, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have received my ITA in the latest draw on 23rd Jan. How long does CIC take to send the Medical and Biometrics instructions? I am applying with family hence cannot do an upfront medical check.

Should I mail and find out or will they respond within a predefined timeline? Pls let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
Phoenix
You do it upfront regardless of your family size

phoenixoreole

Nov 5, 2018
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
Oh no, it's clearly mentioned on the official site that we can't go for upfront check if we have a family.
"If you’re applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child, you can’t do an upfront exam. Wait for our instructions before going to your medical exam."

I want to know how long should I wait considering we need to submit the application within 60 days and there are also other documents that I need to arrange. Don't want to miss the deadline.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi Friends,

Regards,
Phoenix
Medical needs to be done upfront. For biometrics, you will receive instructions after you have submitted application.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
What stream are you applying under? If you’re an express entry candidate you need to go for upfront medical.

In case you’re already in Canada and sponsoring your family, then you will receive instructions regarding medical exam after application is submitted.

phoenixoreole

Nov 5, 2018
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
What stream are you applying under? If you’re an express entry candidate you need to go for upfront medical.

In case you’re already in Canada and sponsoring your family, then you will receive instructions regarding medical exam after application is submitted.
I'm applying under Express Entry from India and sponsoring my husband and son. I read that the no upfront rule has now been extended to India as well. It's so much more better to go with upfront exam but since they have specifically asked not to I wanted to know if this would lead to delays in application submission and subsequent processing.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Anyone else who has applied with family? Could you please chip in? Thanks.
The information which you are reading on that link is for those who will not have their dependents (spouse and children) added in their express entry application and wish to apply for their PR later on through family sponsorship.

In your case, I believe you got ITA based on the information that have declared in express entry profile that your spouse will be accompanying. In this case the medicals are to be done upfront for everyone who will be included in the application. IRCC will not issue any specific different request for medicals.

Reactions: phoenixoreole

callumjp

Oct 4, 2018
I applied from the UK and my AOR was 12th August. I did not receive a request for my Biometrics until the 19th December, and I submitted them on the 24th.

phoenixoreole

Nov 5, 2018
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
The information which you are reading on that link is for those who will not have their dependents (spouse and children) added in their express entry application and wish to apply for their PR later on through family sponsorship.

In your case, I believe you got ITA based on the information that have declared in express entry profile that your spouse will be accompanying. In this case the medicals are to be done upfront for everyone who will be included in the application. IRCC will not issue any specific different request for medicals.
Wonderful! Upfront is way better than wasting time waiting for instructions. Many thanks for clearing my doubt!

phoenixoreole

Nov 5, 2018
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
I applied from the UK and my AOR was 12th August. I did not receive a request for my Biometrics until the 19th December, and I submitted them on the 24th.
That is a really long time! I think I will write to CIC asking about the Biometrics. Thanks so much for sharing your timeline!

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Guys, I need your help. Im worried about the timeframe for my application because I will complete the needed money for POF this feb 26. I only have until march 25 to complete submitting the documents. Since biometrics are needed, what is the timeline for me to complete it? Is it time consuming? I am already processing my PCCs and medicals, so just the POF and biometrics. I will submit the whole complete application on Feb 26 or 27.

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hi Friends,

Regards,
Phoenix

Hi. Congrats on getting ITA, we were in the same draw. :)

If i submit my eAPR on feb 26, will i be able to finish biometrics before march 25?

The thing is im saving still for POF and will complete it until feb 26. Thanks for the reply!

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
That is a really long time! I think I will write to CIC asking about the Biometrics. Thanks so much for sharing your timeline!
One you submit your eAPR, CIC will go through your profile and perform R10 check (completeness of documents). Once that is done the Medical passed status is updated and then you receive the request for biometrics. As per current trend it takes about 40 days from eAPR date.
Don't need to write anything to CIC as of now, collect all your documents, go for medicals and submit the application.