+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can we have self administered oath?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Is this for real? Doesn't feel right. Can we also run our own background check? I am already uncomfortable with an online citizenship test and online oath ceremony. I mean don't get me wrong, convenience is cool and all, but there is something missing in new online procedures.

P.S. Will we be also able to self-administer wedding ceremonies? :)

brittanymurphy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Is this for real? Doesn't feel right. Can we also run our own background check? I am already uncomfortable with an online citizenship test and online oath ceremony. I mean don't get me wrong, convenience is cool and all, but there is something missing in new online procedures.

Missing the traffic jam , time consuming formality, We should appreciate and embrace the advanced technology.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Missing the traffic jam , time consuming formality, We should appreciate and embrace the advanced technology.
I hear you and on board with initiative! It might be cool for people in remote places, or mobility issues. I am love tech and embracing it, but there is something "sacred" about the oath ceremony. It is almost like an event. That being said, self-administered also could be fun. Invite friends and family over and have all shabang at home. Metaverse, here we come :)

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015

I want the in person ceremony. I want the old certificate (which is discontinued), so at least have the pretty paper certificate. It’s a process to get to this point so why end it with end it with ticking boxes on a website and that’s it?

nope. Give me the damn tradition.

Reactions: sahibo

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Everything will be digital in the coming years. Some schools around the world they don’t use papers and books anymore, it is all done by computers, tablets….
We should accept and encourage that, it will reduce time and pain for people who want their citizenships for many reasons.

Reactions: brittanymurphy

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Everything will be digital in the coming years. Some schools around the world they don’t use papers and books anymore, it is all done by computers, tablets….
We should accept and encourage that, it will reduce time and pain for people who want their citizenships for many reasons.
As long as they keep the option of the in person ceremony and give people a choice, I don’t give two hoots about it.

Reactions: dryiceman

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
I hear you and on board with initiative! It might be cool for people in remote places, or mobility issues. I am love tech and embracing it, but there is something "sacred" about the oath ceremony. It is almost like an event. That being said, self-administered also could be fun. Invite friends and family over and have all shabang at home. Metaverse, here we come :)
There is an option for in person path, I believe. Btw, I prefer self-admins oath

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
We also have an e-citizenship certificate so they should let people to choose it if they want it. If possible, eliminate paper passport too. Just maintain centralized database for global access with unique QR code for all citizen. Australia does not stamp visa on passport but just give the number and airports authority can access it while we are check in. Cool process

brittanymurphy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
We also have an e-citizenship certificate so they should let people to choose it if they want it. If possible, eliminate paper passport too. Just maintain centralized database for global access with unique QR code for all citizen. Australia does not stamp visa on passport but just give the number and airports authority can access it while we are check in. Cool process
right, use our face recognition and fingerprints for the passports not ridiculous guarantor and reference.