+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When are background/security check/clearances done?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone!

Are they done while application is at CIC CPC Sydney or once after file is transferred to local office?
How much time does it usually take?

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
Hello,

When CPC Sydney completes data entry for your application, criminal, immigration and security clearances are requested. Before completing clearance chaeck nobody scheduled for the test or interview or ceremony.

Thanks

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Hello everyone!

Are they done while application is at CIC CPC Sydney or once after file is transferred to local office?
How much time does it usually take?

There are two types of Background/security/clearance - One is the primary which Sydney conducts and there is the secondary which the local office conducts. These checks are done in various forms. eg. I was informed that Sydney conducted some checks on my file, once my file was transferred I was informed that my file s currently going through the RCMP checks. You are a December applicant there are thousands whose file been transferred before yours and even applied way long before you and they still waiting.

nsnniu

Aug 23, 2014
Kabumchun said:
Hello,

When CPC Sydney completes data entry for your application, criminal, immigration and security clearances are requested. Before completing clearance chaeck nobody scheduled for the test or interview or ceremony.

Thanks
hi,
my case have been approved in Jan 19,2015, and need to redo the security check. i called cic call center today, they told me the security check have been completed in Feb 2015, but now the ceremony not schedule yet. do you know how long it will take from the everything done of the case to schedule the ceremony? my case has been 42 months since i submitted the application.

Thanks!