+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When an agent says eligibility met does it mean passed or recommended passed

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
My AOR is May 14th. I called CIC as well about 3 weeks ago and they told me my eligibility was passed .. today I received BIL and MED....i hope this is good news what do you think?
Bil and Med are usually triggered after the R.10 Check. Based on your timeline, you would have passed the R.10 check. Not sure if it was the Case Analyst/Program assistant Check that the CIC refered too but chances are bleak. The Next two rounds of Eligibility would be the Case Analyst and Officer Review. Eligibility is finally passed post the Officer Review.

ToriBMac

Sep 15, 2019
Bil and Med are usually triggered after the R.10 Check. Based on your timeline, you would have passed the R.10 check. Not sure if it was the Case Analyst/Program assistant Check that the CIC refered too but chances are bleak. The Next two rounds of Eligibility would be the Case Analyst and Officer Review. Eligibility is finally passed post the Officer Review.
Wow so all 3 CIC agents that I spoke with would have made that mistake? All 3 confirmed eligibility passed and moving on to criminal...but yeah maybe ur right

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
hi i'm confused
I asked the agent on the phone. Security is passed criminality passed but Eligibility is currently review I added my new born after send my documents what do you think guys
it's a good sign or not
Whats your AOR?

kevran32

Jan 9, 2020
question Hello, I am really worried about my FBI report as it was generated before leaving USA, according to my GCMS notes though, R10 is complete as well as Eligibility is 'met' after a detailed review by case analyst. I have already crossed the 180 days mark. My question is will they verify the document after r10 complete

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
question Hello, I am really worried about my FBI report as it was generated before leaving USA, according to my GCMS notes though, R10 is complete as well as Eligibility is 'met' after a detailed review by case analyst. I have already crossed the 180 days mark. My question is will they verify the document after r10 complete
Usually they review the PCC dates during R10, so if there are dates are not covered your application will be rejected as incomplete. For countries you no longer reside your PCC should be issued the last time you stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row. So if your FBI report was issued during your visit of of less than 6 months this should be okay.

Reactions: kevran32

NewAspire

Sep 22, 2017
Canada
Hi Friends,
I called IRCC today and they said; you are in good path.

Eligibility: Passed
Medicals: Passed
Biometrics: Completed
Criminality: In-progress

If the eligibility is passed does that mean all employment verification/back ground check complete or is that something done during criminality process. Kindly confirm. Thank you

@ditya009

Oct 20, 2020
Hi i applied through onip paper based application last year
aor aug 3 ,
prearrival jan 10 ,
medicals request on nov 2
passed on nov 16
process ends on feb 15 2021.
i am worried coz my ecas says decision made.

I called cic agent on dec 3rd he said ur eligibility back ground passed and its in final decision does that mean everything is clear coz at the end of call he replied as of now it shows pass but it might even change to inprogress ??

once again i called on dec 7 i asked that my status says decison made but couldnt see what decision it is then she said its showin coz urs is in the stage where u ill receive an email then once again asked about my eligibility, back ground check she said its pass and then i asked for is it recommended pass she said yes since ur last call there is no update its the same
Im confused and worried this means everything is passed waiting for final decision or what can some one rply if have same situation please

goldbogus

Jul 10, 2019
Hi Friends,
I called IRCC today and they said; you are in good path.

Eligibility: Passed
Medicals: Passed
Biometrics: Completed
Criminality: In-progress

If the eligibility is passed does that mean all employment verification/back ground check complete or is that something done during criminality process. Kindly confirm. Thank you
What number did you call ,please

Sfzh

Sep 30, 2020
Hi i applied through onip paper based application last year
aor aug 3 ,
prearrival jan 10 ,
medicals request on nov 2
passed on nov 16
process ends on feb 15 2021.
i am worried coz my ecas says decision made.

I called cic agent on dec 3rd he said ur eligibility back ground passed and its in final decision does that mean everything is clear coz at the end of call he replied as of now it shows pass but it might even change to inprogress ??

once again i called on dec 7 i asked that my status says decison made but couldnt see what decision it is then she said its showin coz urs is in the stage where u ill receive an email then once again asked about my eligibility, back ground check she said its pass and then i asked for is it recommended pass she said yes since ur last call there is no update its the same
Im confused and worried this means everything is passed waiting for final decision or what can some one rply if have same situation please
Hi

Wanted to know if u received ppr already ?

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I got my GCMS notes yesterday. Confirms what I heard from the call center agent 2 weeks ago.

- Eligibility is MET. [UPDATED by: CASE PROCESSSING AGENT]
- Security & Criminality not started.

I have the same question, What is the difference between eligibility MET vs PASSED?

I also read in some CEC threads that Met comes before Passed. Agent sets it to MET and after a review by an officer it is then set to Passed/Candidate Passed. Passed is also the next step after Recommended Passed. I assume MET = Recommended Pass (Not sure)
Hey did you got your pr?

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I got my GCMS notes yesterday. Confirms what I heard from the call center agent 2 weeks ago.

- Eligibility is MET. [UPDATED by: CASE PROCESSSING AGENT]
- Security & Criminality not started.

I have the same question, What is the difference between eligibility MET vs PASSED?

I also read in some CEC threads that Met comes before Passed. Agent sets it to MET and after a review by an officer it is then set to Passed/Candidate Passed. Passed is also the next step after Recommended Passed. I assume MET = Recommended Pass (Not sure)
Hey did you got your Pr?

Bunnysingh

Jul 11, 2022
Hi,
My Aor is 26 Mar 2022, I called IRCC.
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed
Criminality Passed
Security Passed
Wanted to see what next?