+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When an agent says eligibility met does it mean passed or recommended passed

thekert

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Called CIC and the agent told me that eligibility is 'met' does this mean passed or recommended passed. Also the background check is in progress but LVO hasn't been assigned and file is in CPC Ottawa

KichuKeech

Jan 6, 2019
I got my GCMS notes yesterday. Confirms what I heard from the call center agent 2 weeks ago.

- Eligibility is MET. [UPDATED by: CASE PROCESSSING AGENT]
- Security & Criminality not started.

I have the same question, What is the difference between eligibility MET vs PASSED?

I also read in some CEC threads that Met comes before Passed. Agent sets it to MET and after a review by an officer it is then set to Passed/Candidate Passed. Passed is also the next step after Recommended Passed. I assume MET = Recommended Pass (Not sure)

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
I got my GCMS notes yesterday. Confirms what I heard from the call center agent 2 weeks ago.

I have the same question, What is the difference between eligibility MET vs PASSED?

I also read in some CEC threads that Met comes before Passed. Agent sets it to MET and after a review by an officer it is then set to Passed/Candidate Passed. Passed is also the next step after Recommended Passed. I assume MET = Recommended Pass (Not sure)
What did your second set of GCMS show?

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
It goes through 3 steps.
1. Assistant. R10 is ok
2. Analyst. Met.
3. Officer. Recommended passed.

Therefore, met is not the same as recommended passed.

Reactions: milin4ever

kxyuan90

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018

Does the case processing agent have any problem regarding your eligibility in notes part? Like mark any of your employment history "Review Required", or age change or so?

Reactions: canada123456!!

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
It goes through 3 steps.
1. Assistant. R10 is ok
2. Analyst. Met.
3. Officer. Recommended passed.

Therefore, met is not the same as recommended passed.
No !!! You are also not correct. It depends on the visa offices. Some time case analyst also set recommendation pass and then finally officer sets it pass or met

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Well... I called 3 days ago, and this was explained to me by an agent because MY Eligibility is recommended pass. I asked her what are the next steps and what I said above was explained to me. So, don't tell me No because by saying I am incorrect is misleading the masses.
Yes your eligibility is recommended pass but by only agent not by officer yet. So when officer reviews ur file he will update it as pass or Met. Good luck !!!

Reactions: davesar abhi

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Basically what it says is not important. The important part is who made the note. There should be 3 notes, assistant, agent or analyst, officer, in this order.

BALA_IYER24

Apr 7, 2019
What does eligibility and security not started mean or eligibility and security not initiated, do they mean the same? Please share your views as to what these statements mean?

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
What does eligibility and security not started mean or eligibility and security not initiated, do they mean the same? Please share your views as to what these statements mean?
It means your eligibility is reviewed by only agent and waiting for officer reviews. when officer reviews he will update eligibility followed by security start.

BALA_IYER24

Apr 7, 2019
It means your eligibility is reviewed by only agent and waiting for officer reviews. when officer reviews he will update eligibility followed by security start.
So how would we know if the agent has recommended passed/ met to my eligibility?

zini_zinparast

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Ontario
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
12-09-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
07-06-2019
Passport Req..
06-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Hi,

Looking forward to understand this, kindly reply if anyone knows bt it.
I had this question before. I asked the agent on the phone. Security is started once Eligibility is passed (not Met). "Eligibility is met" needs the officer to analyze it and then to decide if it is passed or not. So, Eligibility="passed" is assessed after Eligibility="Met".