+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What would you do? Passport application dilemma

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I have international flights booked for July 19th. I have the following options for passport application appointments:
  • May 25th via Service Canada (37 business days/55 calendar days before travel)
  • June 13th via Passport Canada (25 business days before travel)
Is the “within 25 business days with proof of travel” enough of a guarantee to wait 3 weeks to apply?

And what if I can snag a cancellation for Service Canada before May 25th - better then to take the earlier ‘standard’ appointment or still wait to get the expedited service?

[my certificate should be in the mail to me tomorrow – it had to be reissued because IRCC put the wrong date on it]

I know there’s no definitive answer to this, but it’s driving me crazy trying to decide alone, so I'm polling the group to help me with input.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I have international flights booked for July 19th. I have the following options for passport application appointments:
  • May 25th via Service Canada (37 business days/55 calendar days before travel)
  • June 13th via Passport Canada (25 business days before travel)
Is the “within 25 business days with proof of travel” enough of a guarantee to wait 3 weeks to apply?

And what if I can snag a cancellation for Service Canada before May 25th - better then to take the earlier ‘standard’ appointment or still wait to get the expedited service?

[my certificate should be in the mail to me tomorrow – it had to be reissued because IRCC put the wrong date on it]

I know there’s no definitive answer to this, but it’s driving me crazy trying to decide alone, so I'm polling the group to help me with input.
I would go any day with Passport Canada office(Passports are printed in the local office where you apply). Service Canada are just forwarding agency and application ends up in those geography wise passport centers.

Reactions: Grassquit