+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen to SOWP after primary applicant leaves the country?

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
Hi all,
My husband is on temporary work visa valid till may 2016 and I am on SOWP ,however I am not working.We have been residing in Toronto from May 2104. I got admission to University of newfoundland for Sept 2015 for a 1 year course and is in the process of applying for change of Status. (work permit to Study permit) . My question is Will my temporary visa be valid if the primary applicant (my husband) returns to India in a 3-4 months time? IS my status in Canada independent of his presence in the country? If not I should be applying for a new temporary visa .

Thanks in advance

anusreesub

May 6, 2015
I should add a few details of my case. My husband and I came to Canada on ICT (From USA). There is no SOWP written anywhere. My visa shows status as "worker" and I have an Open work permit. I am not sure if its SOWP.

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.