+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen if I am outside of Canada when my inland CEC PR application is approved? Family Emergency.

Karsteski

Oct 4, 2021
I need to leave Canada soon, as in the next two weeks, as my mother is having a serious surgery. I would like to go help with her recovery, and I have not seen her in 2.5 years at this point, so it's just a whole thing that's extremely stressful right now.

What will happen if I get approved for an inland CEC application while outside Canada? I can't seem to find any concrete answers other than "They won't issue a CoPR if someone is out of Canada". I just need to know what happens after that? Is there some process I then have to go through to be able to fly back to Canada?

PR Application Timeline:

- Application: June 15th, 2021
- AoR: June 15th, 2021
- Passed medical: July 13th, 2021

I have heard nothing back since then. I don't need to do biometrics since I did them for my PGWP in 2019.

I also applied for my TRV on September 25th, 2021, as my current one expired and I did not plan to leave Canada until I got my PR. I would therefore be stuck in my home country (Trinidad & Tobago) until that were approved.

*I saw someone comment that we can still enter Canada w/o a TRV through the US, which I can do as I do have a US travel visa. How certain is this?*

Any help welcome. I really need to figure this out soon since I need to book my flight literally in the next few days. This entire process has been such a stressful time...

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need to leave Canada soon, as in the next two weeks, as my mother is having a serious surgery. I would like to go help with her recovery, and I have not seen her in 2.5 years at this point, so it's just a whole thing that's extremely stressful right now.

What will happen if I get approved for an inland CEC application while outside Canada? I can't seem to find any concrete answers other than "They won't issue a CoPR if someone is out of Canada". I just need to know what happens after that? Is there some process I then have to go through to be able to fly back to Canada?

PR Application Timeline:

I have heard nothing back since then. I don't need to do biometrics since I did them for my PGWP in 2019.

I also applied for my TRV on September 25th, 2021, as my current one expired and I did not plan to leave Canada until I got my PR. I would therefore be stuck in my home country (Trinidad & Tobago) until that were approved.

*I saw someone comment that we can still enter Canada w/o a TRV through the US, which I can do as I do have a US travel visa. How certain is this?*

Any help welcome. I really need to figure this out soon since I need to book my flight literally in the next few days. This entire process has been such a stressful time...
You need to be in Canada in order to complete your landing as you are a CEC candidate and considered being in CANADA. Unless you communicate with cic and explain your situation.

Karsteski

Oct 4, 2021
You need to be in Canada in order to complete your landing as you are a CEC candidate and considered being in CANADA. Unless you communicate with cic and explain your situation.
?

I am aware of that. I am trying to figure out what happens in such a situation. Is there a reliable way to communicate with the IRCC? I have tried their official twitter. It seems from what I am reading, that the call centre is completely unreliable for any sort of complex enquiry (although you would think this would be relatively simple...).

Sonu Po

Oct 15, 2021

PR Application Timeline:

if PR is approved you need to inform them that you are outside Canada and they will put PR in invalid status (This is to ensure your TRV is valid as when PR approved all other status go invalid). You can travel on TRV and once back need to inform that you are back and then you will be put in expectation list for approval (NO time limit on such cases). I had same case , I am back to Canada and doing followup from last 2.5 month to enable corp back.

Reactions: FayRe

Arjit123

Oct 16, 2021
if PR is approved you need to inform them that you are outside Canada and they will put PR in invalid status (This is to ensure your TRV is valid as when PR approved all other status go invalid). You can travel on TRV and once back need to inform that you are back and then you will be put in expectation list for approval (NO time limit on such cases). I had same case , I am back to Canada and doing followup from last 2.5 month to enable corp back.
I am also in the same situation how do I contact them? And what did they inform you about your situation? Thank you

Maddy31

Aug 8, 2021
I hope, you might have seen this one
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/travel-outside-canada.html
in that section "If you’re from a visa-required country". I read long back though this is applied for if you traveling back using land entry.
For your PR approved scenario, you'll not get approval for CEC if you're outside of Canada as once you get your first portal email , you need to mention whether you're in Canada or not , on that basis IRCC will send you further instructions. If you're not in Canada, you'll not get your eCOPR.
Hope this help a bit.

lamisah95

Sep 15, 2021
Contact Email address was provided to me while they replied on my case
Did you get your PR ultimately or are you still waiting to hear back after coming back to Canada? I might have the same case and wondering how long it'll take to get the PR after doing this process.

Sonu Po

Oct 15, 2021
Did you get your PR ultimately or are you still waiting to hear back after coming back to Canada? I might have the same case and wondering how long it'll take to get the PR after doing this process.
They started PR processing from scratch , background check , doc validation all like new applications

lamisah95

Sep 15, 2021
They started PR processing from scratch , background check , doc validation all like new applications
Oh god. Atleast processing times aren't as slow right now so maybe you'll get it soon. Did you have to get a whole new ITA or did it start all over again from the point after submitting the application? Did you have to send any updated docs like updated bank statements or employer letter or anything?

mnmkyng

May 12, 2020
Hi I'm in a similar situation.
My application apparently is approved (according to GCMS note) and waiting for COPR for about 4 months.
Now I will need to go back to my country in a few weeks (for a few months).

Though in my underastanding, I thought I could just get COPR by email and when I come back to Canda, I could confirm my status at the boarder. Am I wrong?
The portal email asking you if you're in Canada was for a virtual landing, no?

I'm confused...