+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen if I am outside of Canada when my inland CEC PR application is approved? Family Emergency.

mani1984

Apr 23, 2023
[Emergency Situation]
Hi all,
My CEC PR application is under process and all of 4 steps (biometric, medical, elegibility, and background) on tracker shows complete. It also shows the COPR number and its expiry.

Unfortunately my mother's health was not good so I fly back to my home country on urgent basis without valid visitor visa. So for going back i need to apply for visa which take 2 or more months.

My question is there any possibility for getting COPR or Passport request for PR visa stamp on my passport. What should I do now. I am super stressfull please help!.

PS: My wife and kids are still in Canada.

Anjhelt

Oct 10, 2023
[Emergency Situation]
Hi all,
My CEC PR application is under process and all of 4 steps (biometric, medical, elegibility, and background) on tracker shows complete. It also shows the COPR number and its expiry.

Unfortunately my mother's health was not good so I fly back to my home country on urgent basis without valid visitor visa. So for going back i need to apply for visa which take 2 or more months.

My question is there any possibility for getting COPR or Passport request for PR visa stamp on my passport. What should I do now. I am super stressfull please help!.

Same situation. In my end, it will expire next Month already but no response from IRCC. I asked them multiple times tru the webform but no response. So now what I did is to apply for an ETA (i’m from a country which ETA is allowed) and I will be testing my luck if our Immigration and the Immigration of Canada will accept my reason of Visit

mani1984

Apr 23, 2023
Same situation. In my end, it will expire next Month already but no response from IRCC. I asked them multiple times tru the webform but no response. So now what I did is to apply for an ETA (i’m from a country which ETA is allowed) and I will be testing my luck if our Immigration and the Immigration of Canada will accept my reason of Visit
Do you have dependent. If yes, then did they get the eCOPR?

shygirl888

Oct 4, 2023
Appreciate your reply. I already submitted my passport together with the dependents including the PPR letter. Let's see how it goes from there. Thank you Taran.

Reactions: Taran D

amsicos98

Oct 10, 2023
[Emergency Situation]
Hi all,

Call IRCC and explained them

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Appreciate your reply. I already submitted my passport together with the dependents including the PPR letter. Let's see how it goes from there. Thank you Taran.
Great. No worries. All the best. Everything will be fine...
Let me know how it goes and don't stress.....

mani1984

Apr 23, 2023
Hi shygirl888,
My situation is similar to you
AOR: 23 May 2023
Final decision: 3 October 2023
Portal 1 email: 20 Dec 2023

I am outside Canada with expired TRV. I explain in Portal 1 email. My question is can you please share your timeline so that I can estimate that after Portal 1 email how long it take to get the PPR.

shygirl888

Oct 4, 2023
Hi shygirl888,
My situation is similar to you
AOR: 23 May 2023
Final decision: 3 October 2023
Portal 1 email: 20 Dec 2023

I am outside Canada with expired TRV. I explain in Portal 1 email. My question is can you please share your timeline so that I can estimate that after Portal 1 email how long it take to get the PPR.
Hi mani1984,

Here is my timeline:

AOR: April 22, 2022
Portal 1: September 13, 2023
PPR Letter: September 30, 2023
Submitted PPR: October 11, 2023
ECOPR: October 20, 2023, upon receiving the Immigrant Visa

I replied in the portal 1 email and was advised to do it and explain via web form. I explained everything about why I was back home in the web form and after 2 weeks, I got the PPR letter asking for our passports and submitted them to the VAC center. Got our visas on October 20, and we are all here in Canada now. Upon arrival, we don't need to submit or email back to portal 1 as the immigration officer submitted all the forms for us. We just got our PR cards last week.

Let me know if you still have further questions so I can help you.

Thank you and good luck.

adi002

Jan 14, 2024
Thanks for your answer!
Do you mean that if I come back to Canada within a few weeks after I get the portal email, I can just confirm my presence in Canada as if I never left Canada?
Hey Did you came back to canada and replied the first mail confirming you are in Canada ? Also, after how many day you replied to it ?

mani1984

Apr 23, 2023
Hi mani1984,

Here is my timeline:

AOR: April 22, 2022
Portal 1: September 13, 2023
PPR Letter: September 30, 2023
Submitted PPR: October 11, 2023
ECOPR: October 20, 2023, upon receiving the Immigrant Visa

I replied in the portal 1 email and was advised to do it and explain via web form. I explained everything about why I was back home in the web form and after 2 weeks, I got the PPR letter asking for our passports and submitted them to the VAC center. Got our visas on October 20, and we are all here in Canada now. Upon arrival, we don't need to submit or email back to portal 1 as the immigration officer submitted all the forms for us. We just got our PR cards last week.

Let me know if you still have further questions so I can help you.

Thank you and good luck.
Hi again shygirl888,
Sorry to bother you again. I got my p1 on Dec 20, 2023, and I replied on the same date but I don't know why the visa officer didn't receive it. Then I again got the reminder to submit my response on January 27, 2024. I replied again the same and also told them that I couldn't travel back to Canada as I expired traveling document. Also, I raised the webform. For the webform, I got a reply on Feb. 7 2024 that the visa officer received your response on January 27, 2024.
Yesterday I also raised another webform to get the update on my file and request them to expedite the remaining process. Now I have a question and need your suggestions I also applied for the visitor visa on Nov.13, 2023, as I valid BOWP, and still I haven't gotten any decision on that visitor visa. Do you think if I asked the IRCC to cancel my visitor visa application as it's already delayed too much and maybe it affects the remaining steps of the PR application (like PPR) would be a good step toward the PR application completion?