+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do upon arrival if there is no one to pick you up from the airport?

Dhruvj96

Oct 26, 2017
Hello to all the users out there
Well I have a list of queries

So I heard that uber does not take cash,
ps I wish to arrive a little early, 10 days before the college starts providing airport pick up, so that's the main issue,
my college starts on the 1st of may,
so I need some tips from the students who landed there, and had no one to pick them up,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello to all the users out there
Well I have a list of queries

So I heard that uber does not take cash,
ps I wish to arrive a little early, 10 days before the college starts providing airport pick up, so that's the main issue,
my college starts on the 1st of may,
so I need some tips from the students who landed there, and had no one to pick them up,
Taxi

Uber also accepts credit cards from any country.

Taxi is still cheaper than Uber.

Reactions: Dhruvj96

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks a lot, credit cards ey, wil the debit cards do? Yeah uber is sort of too much
Yes, Uber accepts debit cards too. Not sure where you're landing at, but I take taxis out of YYZ, and it's a fixed rate depending on the area, and it's about 40% cheaper than taking an Uber. Taxis should also accept cash, debit, and credit.

Depending on which airport you land at, you could also check for other public transportation modes (bus, train, etc). Should also be available if you're landing in a major city, but of course, it's harder if you have a lot of luggage and you are alone.

Reactions: Dhruvj96

Dhruvj96

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Uber accepts debit cards too. Not sure where you're landing at, but I take taxis out of YYZ, and it's a fixed rate depending on the area, and it's about 40% cheaper than taking an Uber. Taxis should also accept cash, debit, and credit.

Depending on which airport you land at, you could also check for other public transportation modes (bus, train, etc). Should also be available if you're landing in a major city, but of course, it's harder if you have a lot of luggage and you are alone.
That’s great, I’ll be landing un toronto city, not exactly sure which airport it would be, yet to book the tickets, will do it soon, most probalbly, it should be pearson?

Dhruvj96

Oct 26, 2017

If you have a taxi service, could you give me some extra details, I’ll let you know which airport it is as soon as my tickets are booked

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you have a taxi service, could you give me some extra details, I’ll let you know which airport it is as soon as my tickets are booked
At any airport, all you have to do is follow the signs to ground transportation and taxis. At Pearson, it's straightforward and simple enough. There'll be a queue of taxis at the designated taxi area.