+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do after MCA

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
hi. I have posted a thread in the past that I have a study gap of 5 years due to family reasons. I have done MCA in 2011 and have a work experience of 2 years after that. Now since I had a baby after that and since then wasn’t able to work as my spouse is full time working.
I have took French course for last year.
My biggest fear is if I apply for the student visa after such a big gap, which stream will be closer to MCA that I may apply?
Are there any streams which might be useful with my MCA and I may be able to get better job after finishing that course?
Please advise
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to find a course that makes sense based on your previous education and job. Given that you haven't worked recently it is hard to show that the course will lead to career advancement. Given that you have a family and your husband is working you need to prove that you are a genuine student. Moving to Canada to study doesn't usually make sense for an established family and clearly looks like a way to immigrate. If you can immigrate via economic means that would be more desirable. Spouses and children are also not guaranteed visas to accompany international students. You would have to apply and see whether you get accepted as well as your family.

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
First of all I want to thank you from bottom of my hheart art as I was so hurt when I was looking at my post, where with so many views on this post and not Ben single person could leave a reply. So thanks a lot.
By what I am understanding is that if my gap is too much , the universities and the visa officer will most likely feel that I am only looking to immigrate, right?
So what I can do?
Although I have helped my brother in his hotel business for last 2 years by working from home, don’t know if that will qualify for work category.

What do you mean by economic means? Investor category?
Even if my husband want to work here till I may be able to finish my studies, that route doesn’t seem to be practical in the eye of visa officer?
Any suggestions which route I may be able to take?
What if I find a job in IT sector now, can I still apply under express category after 1 year of work and will my gap be overlooked?
I am very much confused and lost.

QUOTE="canuck78, post: 7188547, member: 678500"]You will have to find a course that makes sense based on your previous education and job. Given that you haven't worked recently it is hard to show that the course will lead to career advancement. Given that you have a family and your husband is working you need to prove that you are a genuine student. Moving to Canada to study doesn't usually make sense for an established family and clearly looks like a way to immigrate. If you can immigrate via economic means that would be more desirable. Spouses and children are also not guaranteed visas to accompany international students. You would have to apply and see whether you get accepted as well as your family.[/QUOTE]
First

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should consider express entry (economic stream). Whatever you propose has to make sense is my best advice. The study gap isn't the problem. You also haven't been working so it would be very odd to suddenly want to study abroad after not working for 5 years. Also strange for your husband to leave a stable job.

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
I was trying to justify gap as I have valid reasons, family , due to which had to quit my job.
Moreover my husband and child will stay in India only, that’s why I was thinking may make the schools understand that it’s only me who will be going and want to come back after education. Does this make sense in your opinion?
Moreover the economic stream, you meant express entry on work experience along with education points? Or investment basis(which I cannot afford).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody can guarantee you will get a visa and what program you should apply to if you want to apply as a student. Stick away from schools like Royal roads, Vancouver Island, Fairleigh, some other ones which provide substandard education and are basically filled with international students. Make sure it is a public school. And as I mentioned before look at express entry. Also realize that if you have a good life in India your life may be quite more difficult in Canada.