+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should be the Format of work experience letter

mann20

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Hi friends, what should be the format of work experience letter. I have one from my previous organization and although a full time employee is already mentioned but they HAVEN'T mentioned number of hours per week. Is this something a matter of concern. Please guide what are the mandatory points that need to be there in experience letter. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Jesna mariya

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi friends, what should be the format of work experience letter. I have one from my previous organization and although a full time employee is already mentioned but they HAVEN'T mentioned number of hours per week. Is this something a matter of concern. Please guide what are the mandatory points that need to be there in experience letter. Thanks in advance.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Proof of work experience
Purpose
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
  • The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
  • At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Sharing it from one of the posts I saw on this forum itself and found it quite useful as it covers all the essential points

This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tweak it to need your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Reactions: Dmx101

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Proof of work experience
Purpose
To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
  • The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
  • At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).
Hi,

I have a doubt please clearify. If the company has been closed and the reference letter we have obtained from the HR manager who verifies the employment. Do we still need to submit a companies profile showing it has been closed. The reference letter is on a paper, shows all duties and responsibilities and has been notarized by the manager. How do we explain this situation?

Pls let me know

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

I have a doubt please clearify. If the company has been closed and the reference letter we have obtained from the HR manager who verifies the employment. Do we still need to submit a companies profile showing it has been closed. The reference letter is on a paper, shows all duties and responsibilities and has been notarized by the manager. How do we explain this situation?

Pls let me know
I guess you will have to explain the situation in Letter of Explanation and also provide the documents which show closure. Case analysts google the company name to verify.

mann20

Star Member
Oct 28, 2018
Sharing it from one of the posts I saw on this forum itself and found it quite useful as it covers all the essential points

This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html). Please feel free to tweak it to need your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

For (Company Name)

Hello, thanks for the format but in my case I need a work experience letter from my previous employer for which I have two questions
1. Do we require any additional points to be mentioned in the letter of experience from a past employer.
2. If I have multiple past employer, can I get the experience letter in the same format and style from all those companies in a format prescribed for canadian PR.
Thanks in advance .

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello, thanks for the format but in my case I need a work experience letter from my previous employer for which I have two questions
1. Do we require any additional points to be mentioned in the letter of experience from a past employer.
2. If I have multiple past employer, can I get the experience letter in the same format and style from all those companies in a format prescribed for canadian PR.
Thanks in advance .
1. Not really. Just replace currently employed with duration of employment
2. Yes

Junaidch1

Nov 4, 2019
Hi I have a question, My employer is not providing me the reference letter, I have pay slips and T4. And I asked a co-worker to verify my duties over there. He provided me a Job duties verification letter on a plan paper. will that work out?

Nitz91

Apr 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a doubt.. My employer gave me salary in hand and we used to sign the vouchers. So my question is in my refernce letter do i have tom mention that salary was given in hand?

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
You dont have to mention anything about your salary. Just follow the format other people have mentioned on the page.

Preciouschris

Feb 15, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a doubt.. My employer gave me salary in hand and we used to sign the vouchers. So my question is in my refernce letter do i have tom mention that salary was given in hand?
I'm also in the same boat. We need answers to this question please

Dmx101

Jun 30, 2020

Reference Letter Format

To Whom it May Concern

• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

For (Company Name)

Hello Catalyst 441! First of all, thank you for sharing this. I am using the format you have posted above & I have a question related to it. I will be grateful if you can help me with that one. Please see the link down below: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/experience-letter-salary-change.692624/

Nishan Hundal

Aug 29, 2018
Hello friends
My friend worked from 3 July to June 30.. will his experience be counted as one year or less . Because it’s 2 days less than
one year.. will this be acceptable?

Pbooracricko

Apr 15, 2020
Hello , I need your suggestion. . Can you please have a look at my work experience certificate format that I prepared under the NOC 2174.

Employee Id:- __________

Dated: 03/02/2020

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that _________, resident of ____________, worked in our organization ________________ , during the period of 04/08/2016 to 10/08/2018 (Full-time) as an Assistant Software Programmer and she was earning a gross salary of Rs. 1,29,360/- per Annum with a monthly salary of Rs. 10,780/-. The mode of payment of her salary was cash in hand. Working hours were 45 hours per week ( Office timing being ________ to _____ - five days a week)

Listed below were her key roles and responsibilities-

1. Assist and work closely with other software programmers and developers in modeling, modifying, integrating and testing codes as per the business requirement.

2. Assist other co-workers in the development and documentation of logical and physical programming specifications.

3. Assist in identifying and communicating technical problems, processing and finding a solution by modifying existing programs, reprogramming and debugging of programming codes as per user's requirement.

4. Assist in researching and assessing of different software items by collecting and preparing reports and documentations according to client and business prerequisites.

5. Direct, assign, co-ordinate teams of programmers and assist them in reviewing of projects and programs.

During this period we found her to be self-starter who is motivated, fast learner, duty bound and a highly committed team player with strong conceptual knowledge and his performance was excellent.

We assure you that we have been truthful in our disclosures pertaining to _________. If you have any further questions with regard to his background , please do not hesitate to call or email us. This certificate has been issued on specific request of employee. Thanks & Regards,

( HR Manager )

Email : __________________________

Your suggestions will be highly obliged.