+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter - Salary change

Dmx101

Jun 30, 2020
Hello friends,

I was employed full-time at a startup for 1 year and 10 months at the same position. During this time period my salary changed once. It basically reduced to half from the 15th month (after 1 year and 2 months) and then after that it remained the same until the end of my employment. I want to understand how this can be put up on the experience letter in a way that will be accepted. Should I use the monthly format?

For example:
Monthly salary -
$1000 from August 2018 - October 2019
$500 from November 2019 -
April 2020

If not, how can this be put in annual format?

I'll greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

Btw here is the format that I am using currently for the experience letter: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-should-be-the-format-of-work-experience-letter.592996/post-7346519

Dmx101

Jun 30, 2020
Just spell it out the way you did in your example - from date w to x $/month. From date y to z $/month.
There's no magic formula. All you want is clarity.
Thank you for answering my question, thevisawhisperer! I want to ask a follow-up question. My employer is sorta keen on using the yearly format since that's what is usually used for full-time employment related stuff. Is there a way to represent the above in a yearly format on the experience letter? I honestly can't think of a way and neither I have been able to find an example that I could use directly/indirectly.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I can't imagine that your employer would compromise or delay your visa process to give formatting greater consideration, but if that's the case I can't really think of a way either. What sort of employment is it where the more experience you have, the lower your wage?

Dmx101

Jun 30, 2020
I can't imagine that your employer would compromise or delay your visa process to give formatting greater consideration, but if that's the case I can't really think of a way either. What sort of employment is it where the more experience you have, the lower your wage?
No, that is not the case but I just wanted to know about the options before I go ahead with the monthly format. Regarding your question, like I said in my first comment, it was a startup company. Things like this sometimes happen in the formative years of a startup.