+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What preparations have you and/or your sponsor made for your move to Canada?

shabbir9

Dec 13, 2011
Hi there,

I am a Canadian permanent resident. I just got my Nikah (Wedding) done in Pakistan a month ago. I will be submitting permanent resident application for my spouse. My spouse is a Pakistani citizen. I reside in Canada and she resides in Pakistan.

Can somebody please guide me or give examples on how to answer this question:
What preparations have you and/or your sponsor made for your move to Canada?

The application process for a Pakistani spouse takes 2 years so I don't understand what sort of preparations are they expecting?

Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ddobro2 said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html
that's great resource but he's far from landing ::) in some region specific guides there is a form with questions like this when u submit the application....it's really confusing what to answer or what preparations could be done 2 years ahead ::) i would like to knoe too!!!!!!!!!!!!

from the sponsor side i would write all my ties with canada - home bank accounts job opportunities etc

from the applicant side i would maybe write abt language courses, or a university degree or start to get the equivalences for my foreign diploma like that or start to look for job; but for any of these u need to show proof!!!!!!

if u plan a wedding in canada, u can show proof of that if u have children start contacting different schools/daycares and show proof of that also

but really this question should come maybe a few months before they r ready with ur visa not a few years!!!!!!!!! any input is welcomed :)