+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What pages of Foreign passport needs to be submitted for Citizenship application

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Take it easy man, dont get excited.
I remember you from a different thread, something with work records, where you were same adamant to attach everything with your application. Except paystubs. Funny, right?
How that worked out for you? I rather think you are one of the RQ beneficiary and feel bad you didn't send them everything from the beginning hoping you'd avoided it.
You rather think whatever you want. You are here telling us what your best BS judgements are, which is based on nothing. There has been many cases where applicants were sent RQs because the officer could not determine when they entered and left. Those could have been avoided if the officer had a recent certified coloured copies of all pages of all passports in the relevant period. I have not seen one case where the applicant received an RQ when they submitted that.

And when you want to quote me from another thread, then copy paste the thread and lets discuss what I said thats bugging you so badly.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
You rather think whatever you want. You are here telling us what your best BS judgements are, which is based on nothing. There has been many cases where applicants were sent RQs because the officer could not determine when they entered and left. Those could have been avoided if the officer had a recent certified coloured copies of all pages of all passports in the relevant period. I have not seen one case where the applicant received an RQ when they submitted that.

And when you want to quote me from another thread, then copy paste the thread and lets discuss what I said thats bugging you so badly.
"I have not seen one case where the applicant received an RQ when they submitted that. " HAHAHAhahahahahaa... cause CanV works for CIC and has been vetting thousands of applications.... *sigh*

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
CanV said:

... certified copies... hmm, so you assuming from start they wont believe a simple copy. a copy that you're not required to provide in the first place. that sounds twisted.

manty

Apr 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521,
What work thread are you talking about?
I guess you should only provide suggestion here(If you are willing).

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
manty said:
era1521,
What work thread are you talking about?
I guess you should only provide suggestion here(If you are willing).
I'm not providing any suggestion here... unlike few others. I only tell my opinion. Common sense opinion. Why would you want submit something that is not requested?
The "work" thread I was mentioning was referring to our hero pal here, CanV where he was advising to attach with application all paper work related to 4yrs work history (except paystubs , lol), when again, its not and never been required with initial application.
Like the hero said, always do whatever you feel is right to do if you choose not follow the official guideline.

Cheers

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
I'm not providing any suggestion here... unlike few others. I only tell my opinion. Common sense opinion. Why would you want submit something that is not requested?
The "work" thread I was mentioning was referring to our hero pal here, CanV where he was advising to attach with application all paper work related to 4yrs work history (except paystubs , lol), when again, its not and never been required with initial application.
Like the hero said, always do whatever you feel is right to do if you choose not follow the official guideline.

Cheers
Actually, if I recall correctly, before May 2014 you had to submit work proofs. As Goldline stated, it's a public forum and CanV is trying to help. Just as you are. Personally, I wouldn't scan all pages of passport, but I did include the T4s and random pay stubs in my application. After 8 months both my husband and I received the citizenship. I think one should include the docs that he/she believes support his/her case. Not all the cases are straightforward, and sometimes a cover letter along with extra documents might be needed. It worked for me, maybe it worked for CanV as well, hence his/her advice. One doesn't have to wait for RQ. Just keep your application and explanations simple and transparent.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
aed said:
Actually, if I recall correctly, before May 2014 you had to submit work proofs. As Goldline stated, it's a public forum and CanV is trying to help. Just as you are. Personally, I wouldn't scan all pages of passport, but I did include the T4s and random pay stubs in my application. After 8 months both my husband and I received the citizenship. I think one should include the docs that he/she believes support his/her case. Not all the cases are straightforward, and sometimes a cover letter along with extra documents might be needed. It worked for me, maybe it worked for CanV as well, hence his/her advice. One doesn't have to wait for RQ. Just keep your application and explanations simple and transparent.
Congratulation!
If you sent random paystubs, how can you be sure it helped? how can know you wouldnt had same outcome without those extra documents.
I see around here many people scared about that RQ; some people aint sent yet the application and cant sleep over RQ.
Nobody should worry if what you fill in application is truthful.
Merry Christmas!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
era1521 said:
Take it easy man, dont get excited.
I remember you from a different thread, something with work records, where you were same adamant to attach everything with your application. Except paystubs. Funny, right?
How that worked out for you? I rather think you are one of the RQ beneficiary and feel bad you didn't send them everything from the beginning hoping you'd avoided it.
I too remember that spirited arguments earlier...

I remained in the NOT group, in spite of fear mongering about RQ, I strictly followed with what CIC asked for when I applied in August. Only biographical pages, no color copies, no T4, no NOAs, no nothing, not even a blank page attached additional.
I am already (4th month) scheduled for test next week, may be the third to receive test invite here in August thread.

Some people are in the false sense that they can impress COs with the thickness of their file!
I have a very straight forward case. If you have something to explain, attaching a cover letter and adding few pages are not sin. Otherwise, send only what they are asking for. Don't mess up with your application. If they need further information, they will ask no matter you shipped a basement file rack earlier to CPC Sydney with your application.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Congratulation!
If you sent random paystubs, how can you be sure it helped? how can know you wouldnt had same outcome without those extra documents.
Merry Christmas!
It's already after Christmas, so Happy New Year. :) I will make it simple. I applied in April and had to submit my work records (the form was changed in May). I called CIC and asked if T4s and pay stubs were acceptable as I couldn't find the information in the guide. Guess what, CIC confirmed those documents were acceptable. I'm not sure which part you don't understand. I know that if I hadn't submitted my work records, my application would have been returned.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
I am already (4th month) scheduled for test next week, may be the third to receive test invite here in August thread.
Congratulations, good for you. :) Now if only you were comparing apples to apples and not oranges. If you're an August citizenship candidate, then you applied when the new process was in place (plus you did not have to send work records as per May changes). You can't compare your timeline with someone's who applied before bill c24. :) Shortened processing times for routine applications seem to be a trend here, and it's not due to the number of docs you sent or didn't sent. It's because of the new decission model and hiring more staff (yes, indirectly thanks to the raise in fees whether we like it or not).

So, if in doubt call CIC. If you think your case might be not so straightforward, attach a cover letter and supporting docs. That's my opinion as stated earlier.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Everyone has an opinion, that doesn't mean it is correct. My advice is to read the official CIC's guide and send only what is requested in the checklist, no more, no less...

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
wilbur said:
Everyone has an opinion, that doesn't mean it is correct. My advice is to read the official CIC's guide and send only what is requested in the checklist, no more, no less...
Exactly!
I applied in September where in the application form (CIT 0002 (05-2014) E) was mentioned:
6. F Work and education history in the past four (4) years before the date of your application: See section 6 - "Step 2. Complete the application"
and section 4 - "Step 1. Gather documents" in the instruction guide.

If you answered yes to questions A and/or B, list your work and/or education history (inside and outside Canada) in the past four (4) years, including the city and country, starting with your most recent. If you were not employed (i.e. you were unemployed, retired, homemaker, etc.) you must indicate the reason for being unemployed and confirm the dates of your unemployment under "Work/Education" and indicate the time period. Do not exclude any period of time during the past four (4) years. Do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you. If you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records.)
I bold the relevant note. But check list was nothing mentioning about work records. So I sent my application without work records and it didnt get returned. Is in Process since Nov and received the AOR as well.
But man, I cant sleep nights of getting RQ.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
aed said:
Congratulations, good for you. :) ...
Thanks for the wishes.

aed said:
...... You can't compare your timeline with someone's who applied before bill c24. :) ....
I haven't compared anyone with my timeline nor suggested to follow what I did. I was reiterating my previous point that work records NOA etc. are not a requirement at present and your application is good to go just with documents in the checklist.

aed said:
...Shortened processing times for routine applications seem to be a trend here, ....
Please note that shortened process timeline is visible since beginning of this year, not just after the new process model in place/August as you said. Please refer the timeline spreadsheets and CIC published statistics, you will notice that.

aed said:
....... and it's not due to the number of docs you sent or didn't sent. It's because of the new decission model and hiring more staff (yes, indirectly thanks to the raise in fees whether we like it or not).
It is not right to say this. CIC will return applications if you fail to provide documents they are asking.
My application is in process because I followed the instruction and only instructions, not gone with any here-says or personal beliefs. I did what CIC asked me to do; matching with checklist, nothing extra, nothing short.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys take it easy, we are all in the same boat here. Yes, most of us come here for sound advice and not because we are stupid.

wilbur said:
I agree with you 100%

There's no reason to undermine or diminish one's comment or point of view. Yes, we all have the right to respond but please, try NOT to get personal.

We all have a different levels of understanding CIC requirements hence why we ask questions from those that may have had the same or similar questions at some point. You're no better than anyone else otherwise you would not subscribe to this forum.

Thank you Goldline, you always give sound advice.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To Manty.

"Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)" simply means the page(s) with your identifiable personal information i.e. your full names, picture, DOB, height, occupation, Passport issue and expiration dates. Adding additional pages of your passport is pointless, especially that, it is not asked of you in the application. But if it will make you sleep well, do it at your own risk.

As others have already stated, I encourage you NOT to send documentation that is NOT necessarily required. Even CIC says so. Remember, you have to account for each time that you left Canada in your application to fulfill physical presence. If CIC needs to see where you went or if you missed some dates, you will most definitely get RQ'd. It's that simple. Besides, you will also have a chance to show the stamps in your PP at your interview after your test. So, follow the guide point by point and you will stress less my friend. At the end of the day, it's up to you yourself and how YOU present yourself to CIC through your application. What applies to others may not necessarily apply to you. My advice is, the guide should be your best friend when in doubt.

Good luck and don't feel ashamed to ask for clarity. No one in here can claim to know everything about this process...only CIC.
Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!