+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What pages of Foreign passport needs to be submitted for Citizenship application

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
Exactly!
I applied in September where in the application form (CIT 0002 (05-2014) E) was mentioned:
6. F If you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records. (See instruction guide for examples of education records.)
I bold the relevant note.

The text in bold comes from CIT0002E version 02-2014 and not 05-2014. I know because I applied using 02-2014 and just downloaded 05-2014 for comparison. In 05-2014 the sentence "If you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records." was removed. Instead CIC requests education records only. So, if your form has this sentence, it's the previous version and you applied using wrong form. Lucky you that CIC did not notice that. :) Well, maybe they will. :p

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
I haven't compared anyone with my timeline(...)
That was my impression after hearing you speak about your 4-month timeline. If I've been wrong, then my bad. :)
Donvalley said:
Please note that shortened process timeline is visible since beginning of this year, not just after the new process model in place/August as you said.
The process sped up after the fee increase in February (I believe it was Feb :)), then again when the new decision model was put into use.
Donvalley said:
CIC will return applications if you fail to provide documents they are asking.
This is correct.
Donvalley said:
My application is in process because I followed the instruction and only instructions, not gone with any here-says or personal beliefs. I did what CIC asked me to do(...)
So did I. But while dismissing all previous "spirited arguments", you're forgetting they had started before you applied for citizenship. Some requirements changed, including work records. You didn't have to send them, but many people before you (before May 2014) did, myself included, as such was the CIC request. Some of us called CIC and shared their knowledge here. Those threads were helpful at that time. Good luck with your test.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
aed said:
The text in bold comes from CIT0002E version 02-2014 and not 05-2014. I know because I applied using 02-2014 and just downloaded 05-2014 for comparison. In 05-2014 the sentence "If you answered yes, you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records." was removed. Instead CIC requests education records only. So, if your form has this sentence, it's the previous version and you applied using wrong form. Lucky you that CIC did not notice that. :) Well, maybe they will. :p
The current version is still 05-2014 and has removed the thing with "work and/or..." They changed it sometime in October, but version remained same. In September it was same version 05-2014 but with the note I quoted earlier.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
aed said:
That was my impression after hearing you speak about your 4-month timeline. If I've been wrong, then my bad. :)The process sped up after the fee increase in February (I believe it was Feb :)), then again when the new decision model was put into use.This is correct.So did I. But while dismissing all previous "spirited arguments", you're forgetting they had started before you applied for citizenship. Some requirements changed, including work records. You didn't have to send them, but many people before you (before May 2014) did, myself included, as such was the CIC request. Some of us called CIC and shared their knowledge here. Those threads were helpful at that time. Good luck with your test.
I applied in August and joined this forum around that time. I am not talking about any discussions started earlier than that and believe I didn't forget anything. There were people -- and some supporters, may be even now -- insisting everyone should submit NOAs, T4s and letter of employments; and then "wishing RQ" and 'application return" and "comeback crying" and "keep us posted what happened later" for who don't comply with their claims!
No doubt, these threads are very very helpful always. Thanks for the wishes and contribution everyone is making.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
I applied in August and joined this forum around that time. I am not talking about any discussions started earlier than that (...)
I think the problem here Don is that you didn't specify which threads you're talking about or the their time. You just talked about heated arguments in the past. Believe it or not, I'm not tracking your timeline and can't read your mind. :) Please next time be more specific. Thanks for contributing to this forum. :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
The current version is still 05-2014 and has removed the thing with "work and/or..." They changed it sometime in October, but version remained same. In September it was same version 05-2014 but with the note I quoted earlier.
Era, this is one convoluted explanation. :) I downloaded the 05-2014 form in May as one of the posters asked about work records and I didn't know that the reqs changed. I redownloaded this form again for the purpose of this thread and both 05-2014's have the sentence removed. Sorry, but unless CIC put a new form in September and changed it again just right after, you were quoting the sentence from 02-2014. I'm happy you're close to the test date and wish you best of luck. I don't know what is your local office, but some of them do the oath ceremonies on the test date, so you might be done really soon. Good luck. :)

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
aed said:
Era, this is one convoluted explanation. :) I downloaded the 05-2014 form in May as one of the posters asked about work records and I didn't know that the reqs changed. I redownloaded this form again for the purpose of this thread and both 05-2014's have the sentence removed. Sorry, but unless CIC put a new form in September and changed it again just right after, you were quoting the sentence from 02-2014. I'm happy you're close to the test date and wish you best of luck. I don't know what is your local office, but some of them do the oath ceremonies on the test date, so you might be done really soon. Good luck. :)
I still have the form I downloaded on Sept 19. Same form I filled and sent with my application. The form it is 05-2014 and has the note with work and/or education records. I can mail it to you, if you like.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
I still have the form I downloaded on Sept 19. Same form I filled and sent with my application. The form it is 05-2014 and has the note with work and/or education records. I can mail it to you, if you like.
Why would I want it? :) I don't know what happened between September and October. I can only say that the 05-2014 forms in May and December did not asked for the work records, only edu. This is a bit silly. I can see you want to have the last word, so here you can have it. :) I don't think we should hijack the thread, Era. Good luck. :)

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aed said:
I think the problem here Don is that you didn't specify which threads you're talking about or the their time. You just talked about heated arguments in the past. Believe it or not, I'm not tracking your timeline and can't read your mind. :) Please next time be more specific. Thanks for contributing to this forum. :)
Just want to close this by saying; my friend, you neither need both and it isn't a problem if you can recall what you said just few weeks ago.
Good luck and best wishes to all.

era1521 said:
@ era1521,
What you said is totally true, CIC silently modified the form in September (without version change) and that is where the confusions actually started. I posted both forms online for reference at that time, see here:

Donvalley said:
Yes, the form has changed silently. It looked like this then:

http://imgbox.com/GRsfikSi / http://imgbox.com/9i8OMHBQ

and now:

http://imgbox.com/zp0DEG3U / http://imgbox.com/TWuIXMbr

They are no more asking for work records, so you don't need to send it anymore.........
@ the gentleman who down-voted: Relax!
There is nothing worth it here!

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
Just want to close this by saying; my friend, you neither need both and it isn't a problem if you can recall what you said just few weeks ago.
Not really, Don. There's no need to get personal here. Just be more specific next time. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but only CIC knows all the answers.

ETA: Speaking of remembering what one said. A quote from a May applicant in the now infamous thread (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-records-t245540.30.html) and your corresponding reply to it (the relevant parts in bold):

"SenoritaBella
VIP Member
Ratings: +137
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Work Records
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 10:54:32 am »

Each applicant has unique circumstances, so based on that, he/she can decide whether to send extra evidence(work records) or keep strictly to what CIC asks. No harm done either way.

Personally, my approach with CIC is to give them 'everything' they ask for plus anything else I think helps my case. In submitted:
1) an employment letter;
2) T4 slips for the past 4 yrs (they also showed my address and matched my application);
3) job duties (to show that my work requires physical presence)
4) one recent paystub
5) copies of boarding passes for trips in the past 4 yrs

My thinking was once an officer opens the file, he/she has everything in front of him/her and they only need to do background checks, etc. Document requests always lead to delays. I applied in May, wrote test in August and Oath is next week. Goodluck everyone!

Donvalley

Ratings: +25
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Work Records
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 12:31:06 pm »

First of all, thank you so much for the valuable contribution everybody is making.

@ SenoritaBella
Yours is a very good and rational approach."

So "just to close it", I do remember the thread, Don, because I completely agree with SenoritaBella. It hasn't changed as per this thread either. Obviously, you can't make up your mind. :)

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
I wish to share some first lessons learned in Canada as a newcomer almost 13 years back, for who may search down this thread in future; Thanks to my mentor at neighborhood office.

1) Always be respective to others opinions and refrain from making direct references or unnecessary diversions from subject or personal discourtesy; especially online when you don't know "who is who".

2) Keep your answer limited to the question and subject. When asked, do not tell anything that is irrelevant or not asked, especially at an interview or to an officer. By mistake, you may give some unnecessary information which may lead to delays and needless explanations. Don't understand this a persuasion to make omissions or falsifications; be true always.

3) Make use the power of "magic words" like Please, Thank you and Sorry -- not as an apology but mostly a politeness strategy -- in a Canadian way, because Sorry is just what we say all the time, if someone bumps into you, you and that person both say sorry. It is what it is.

Based on my experience (volunteering at community center) I can say that early beneficiaries of the returning short processing time is Nov 2013 applicants (women?) and hope this trend will continue to stay. I can bring evidences of many citizenship applications submitted as early as Nov 2013 completed less than six months; without any additional documents like T4s or NOAs some religiously fighting here for. I am not interested in discussing either this outcome was of any politics or other claims like hiring etc.
Nothing changed here with quotes above but only reiterates what we said earlier, if you have a straight forward case, do not think you know more than CIC; keep your application simple, just send only what they are asking for.

I apologize to the forum readers for the annoyance caused by this unnecessary diversion and talks here. Sorry for that.

Good bye and Happy New Year to all.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submit coloured copies of all pages of passport including certified translation of stamps that are not in English or French. Also submit NOAs, T4s and Employment Insurance records if available.

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if any stamps not in english in your passport ,translate it with certified translator and send with your application.
not just photocopy it because if its not in english they will request a translation %100 and it will take more time for your processing...