+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What pages of Foreign passport needs to be submitted for Citizenship application

manty

Apr 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have a question for foreign Passport copy submission for the Citizenship application.
Can you please tell me out of the following what is required to be sent for Citizenship application?
1) - Biological information page (First and last pages of foreign Passport), Or
2) - Above pages + all stamped pages of the passport.
3) - Above pages + all empty pages of passport (means copy of pages of entire passport)

Thanks
Manty

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manty said:
Hello,

I have a question for foreign Passport copy submission for the Citizenship application.
Can you please tell me out of the following what is required to be sent for Citizenship application?
1) - Biological information page (First and last pages of foreign Passport), Or
2) - Above pages + all stamped pages of the passport.
3) - Above pages + all empty pages of passport (means copy of pages of entire passport)

Thanks
Manty
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession please explain why.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy

If you travel in and out, you may want to submit pages of entry/exit stamps.
Note that this is not mentioned on the required document to be submitted on the official link guide above.

this will however support your physical presence calculator days.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
manty said:
Thanks for the reply.
So you mean Option 2 is good.
I never understand these people craving to send more documents that is requested under false hope that application will be processed faster. In my opinion you only drag more attention.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@manty

Are you from India?

If yes, just send copy of first two pages and last two pages. First page will have your details like name, dob, pp number, expiry date etc and last page will have your parents name and your address. Those are the most important pages that needs to be sent.

If the same passport was renewed then send the copy of that page as well showing renewal stamp

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
I never understand these people craving to send more documents that is requested under false hope that application will be processed faster. In my opinion you only drag more attention.
We never intend to influence the way you like it.
As mentioned those are not required.

In the end the application is yours to decide and the way you present your application documents will be up to you.

We are not CIC people but even them are only persons having different opinions as related by forumers

Cheers!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
era1521 said:
You dont need to understand, I will just tell you you are WRONG. Yes everyone should send coloured copies of ALL pages of passport. Dont sit and cry here and tell people not to just because you didnt.

manty

Apr 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone.

era1521,
Purpose of sending stamped pages of passport to CIC is to provide "out of country" proofs in advance.

Thanks

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manty said:
Thanks everyone.

era1521,
Purpose of sending stamped pages of passport to CIC is to provide "out of country" proofs in advance.

Thanks
And how do they know you didnt intentionally leave out the "empty" pages? Its empty pages for you because you saw them, they didnt!!

You too, dont come back crying after 4 months because they sent you the RQ, just swallow it.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, this is a public forum and everyone is free to express their opinion. If it makes sense to you then go with it if it doesn't just ignore it without attacking the person who expressed that opinion, after all he was just trying to help as much as he can.
Now here is what I think and I did already mention it in a previous post. Sending copies(color or regular) of all pages of all passports that you CLAIM you have will not make any difference. The key word here is CREDIBILITY. Either your file(Application form+ documents on check list) is credible and everything makes sense to them or it is not and they think that you may be hiding something or there is a discrepancy in dates, places, addresses....
If it is, then millions of extra documents and copies are useless if it is not then sending those copies beforehand will not save you from an RQ.
Regarding the passport. Sending copies of all the pages of the 2 or 3 passports with your application does not mean that these are the only passports in your possession. you may be a citizen of another country and in possession of another passport from that country and you may have made couple of trips without mentioning them on your application. CBSA doesn't always keep track of all entries.
Did you ever wonder why CIC does not request copies of all pages upfront? if you did I hope this will help you understand why.

manty

Apr 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Goldline for detailed response.

Yes thecoolguysam, i am from India.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
CanV said:
And how do they know you didnt intentionally leave out the "empty" pages? Its empty pages for you because you saw them, they didnt!!

You too, dont come back crying after 4 months because they sent you the RQ, just swallow it.
Take it easy man, dont get excited.
I remember you from a different thread, something with work records, where you were same adamant to attach everything with your application. Except paystubs. Funny, right?
How that worked out for you? I rather think you are one of the RQ beneficiary and feel bad you didn't send them everything from the beginning hoping you'd avoided it.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I LOL at people who send a million additional documents above and beyond those clearly requested by CIC and manage to somehow screw up basic aspects of the application. I literally sent ONLY what was asked, and it was perfectly fine. Just do a good job at initially filling the application and be honest and transparent and you'll be more than fine.

I don't understand why some think the government is out there to get them. CIC is trying to get a job done, period. And yes, they reserve the right to ask for additional information above and beyond that which they initially requested if, for whatever reason, they deem such additional information necessary. It's up to you as a candidate if you want to jam all that info. down their throat right off the bat, good luck with that.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Guys, this is a public forum and everyone is free to express their opinion. If it makes sense to you then go with it if it doesn't just ignore it without attacking the person who expressed that opinion, after all he was just trying to help as much as he can.
Now here is what I think and I did already mention it in a previous post. Sending copies(color or regular) of all pages of all passports that you CLAIM you have will not make any difference. The key word here is CREDIBILITY. Either your file(Application form+ documents on check list) is credible and everything makes sense to them or it is not and they think that you may be hiding something or there is a discrepancy in dates, places, addresses....
If it is, then millions of extra documents and copies are useless if it is not then sending those copies beforehand will not save you from an RQ.
Regarding the passport. Sending copies of all the pages of the 2 or 3 passports with your application does not mean that these are the only passports in your possession. you may be a citizen of another country and in possession of another passport from that country and you may have made couple of trips without mentioning them on your application. CBSA doesn't always keep track of all entries.
Did you ever wonder why CIC does not request copies of all pages upfront? if you did I hope this will help you understand why.
I second everything said here, well put Goldline.