+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Next After Refugee Hearing

Raphaell

Jul 6, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone, my refugee claim was approved this week. The proccess was demanding, stressful, costly and emotional, but it's worth it ultimately. I have spent months staying focus on my hearing and now that my claim was approved I do not know what steps to make next. I want to ask if anyone can provide me with details on what next tI am expected to do. I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations! You must wait until you get your hard copy of your decision in the mail. It takes weeks to a few months. Then you can apply for PR.

Raphaell

Jul 6, 2019
Canada
I plan on visiting the USA soon, and I want to ask how do I go about it and if a trip to the US affects my PR or citizenship application in the future? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I plan on visiting the USA soon, and I want to ask how do I go about it and if a trip to the US affects my PR or citizenship application in the future? Thanks
You can try applying for a visa. Not guaranteed that you will recently be one. It will be dependent on numerous things like whether you walked to Canada and not through a border crossing, whether you are currently employed and have savings, what your country of origin is, etc. Make sure to get a visa before booking any travel that can not be cancelled with a full refund. You will also need to apply for a RTD (refugee travel documents).

Raphaell

Jul 6, 2019
Canada
It doesn't affect.
When did you apply for refuge?
-thanks
I believe I applied in August 2018, and I have a valid and current US visa in my previous country's passport. Can I use it to travel to travel to the US when I get my documents back? Thanks

Last edited:

Raphaell

Jul 6, 2019
Canada
You can try applying for a visa. Not guaranteed that you will recently be one. It will be dependent on numerous things like whether you walked to Canada and not through a border crossing, whether you are currently employed and have savings, what your country of origin is, etc. Make sure to get a visa before booking any travel that can not be cancelled with a full refund. You will also need to apply for a RTD (refugee travel documents).
Thank you for the information. I have a valid US visa in my previous country's passport can I use it when I receive my documents back. Thank you

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you for the information. I have a valid US visa in my previous country's passport can I use it when I receive my documents back. Thank you
Yes, you can use your countries passport but at your own risk. CBSA can file a case against you are revoke yourProtected person status.

Using your national passport shows you are under the protection of that country and since you left the country to Canada under the claim that you are at risk if you use the passport then it is called Reavailment.....

Go read up on that word and also research some cases of people who got deported even after they have PR and used the national passport.

Get an RTD if you want to Travel i have a 10 year US visa in my home passport and i got another 1 year in my RTD last month...